What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Grand Final

The NRL Grand Final should be played at:

• 3:00pm Sunday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:00pm Sunday

• 5:00pm Saturday

• 5:00pm Sunday

• 3:00pm Saturday

• 8:00pm Saturday

• Total voters

Blade

Juniors
El Duque said:
3pm Sunday. Night time GF's suck.

I agree mate. Some things should never change about our game.

Although, if an evening GF is what the NRL insists on, then a Saturday night GF would be much better then a Sunday evening one. Not having to go to work the following day would, I'm assuming, be much more favourable than doing so.

BTW, anyone know if the GF, prior to recent Sunday evening switch, has always been played on a Sunday afternoon? Was there a time when it was played on a Saturday? I kind of remember a time when it was, though can not place a finger on it.

JoeD

First Grade
From a NZ perspective, if you think an 8pm GF is bad, we have to watch it at 10pm.

LeagueNut

First Grade
JoeD said:
From a NZ perspective, if you think an 8pm GF is bad, we have to watch it at 10pm.

Too bloody right. I've voted for 3pm Sunday, but if the night Grand Finals have to persist then shift it to Saturday at least!

Question though ... does the AFL play their GF on the same weekend? Even though League is the superior sport by several million times, the NRL probably wouldn't want to clash with them.

Blade

Juniors
Question though ... does the AFL play their GF on the same weekend? Even though League is the superior sport by several million times, the NRL probably wouldn't want to clash with them.

I think you're right mate; the AFL may be played on the same weekend as the GF with a day in difference. At least that's the way I remember it. Or could it be one weekend apart?

Hmmm...got me thinking now .

:-k

Anonymous

Juniors
I voted for Saturday at 3pm.

Traditionally, the NSWRL had an agreement with the VFL to have the grand finals on two different days. Aussie Rules on Saturday with League getting the Sunday spot.

I always thought Aussie Rule got the better deal with most people preferring to go the game, party on afterwards and sleeping it off the next day. Having to go to work the next day after a grand final can be shattering.

And the Sunday 8pm evening deal is as bad as it can get. Apart from having to get up the next day, we also lose all of the New Zealand viewers who all went to bed hours ago.

Latest posts