What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL launches touch football premiership

T-Boon

Coach
Oh man!! Great, great move. This could be really something.
Draft the top shelf touch footy men and women into the NRL clubs. That guy Dylan Hennessy should be the number 1 draft pick. Go watch his youtube.
This gets every touch footy player in the country thinking about NRL. Watching NRL.

ReddFelon

Juniors
They still really need to push league tag/oztag as well.

I started playing touch last year after a lifetime of oztag and really enjoy the differences.
OzTag is vastly superior to touch for me, pretty effectively replicates most aspects of the full game minus contact. Always annoyed me that you can't chip in a little grubber and run into it in touch.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Who should the teams be:
Broncos
Gold Coast
Cowboys
Newcastle
Sydney
West Sydney

I'd be pretty shocked if Souths and Cronulla don't get two of the NSW spots as a consolation for missing out on the Women's NRL teams.

For me personally;
Newcastle
Souths
Wests
Broncos
Cowboys
Titans (but based in Central Queensland to provide a pathway for Rocky, Mackay, etc.)

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Who should the teams be:
Broncos
Gold Coast
Cowboys
Newcastle
Sydney
West Sydney

Which West Sydney team would you go with? They are using existing NRL clubs so would be either Parra, Dogs, Tigers or Panthers.

Hopefully it doesn't matter which Sydney NRL teams miss out in the first year because all clubs will follow shortly after. It can't cost that much to run a comp of amatuer players, playing on grounds that are already rented for NRL matches.

Great that it is televised!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'd be pretty shocked if Souths and Cronulla don't get two of the NSW spots as a consolation for missing out on the Women's NRL teams.

For me personally;
Newcastle
Souths
Wests
Broncos
Cowboys
Titans (but based in Central Queensland to provide a pathway for Rocky, Mackay, etc.)

I think the Titans touch team will have to play out of the Gold Coast becaue the touch game will lead into the Titans first grade match.

ReddFelon

Juniors
I think the Titans touch team will have to play out of the Gold Coast becaue the touch game will lead into the Titans first grade match.

I don't mind them playing alongside the Titans team, I mean a set up similar to the Storm having the Sunshine Coast Falcons as their reserves side, move the team in accordance with the Titans schedule but have them train out of Rockhampton.