What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL launches touch football premiership

T-Boon

Coach
So when do the participating teams get announced. Doesn't this comp start in about 3 weeks?

Reactions: siv

Stallion

First Grade
Why seek validation when I could just make up loads of stories to prove to people on the internet my opinions are valid?

Difference is mine are true! Devils advocate just doesn't cut it! Being obstropolous is not a positive discourse in my books. Keep wallowing in your negativity. It's your go.

T-Boon

Coach
Touch footy youtube has done some good promo's for this comp. That is why I am optimistic it could work. The promotion of it is being done by someone other than the NRL and clubs.

unforgiven

Bench
In touch? Why?

Slowing the game down by making players play the ball with their foot makes scoring much too difficult, especially at higher levels. Removing the dump fundamentally changes the game and takes all the speed from the game.

Stallion

First Grade
Slowing the game down by making players play the ball with their foot makes scoring much too difficult, especially at higher levels. Removing the dump fundamentally changes the game and takes all the speed from the game.

Speed is not necessarily an attractive aspect of touch. It's creating opportunities by stealth not guile. We differ with that. I used to play touch when it had a play the ball with the foot. I now play tag for that reason. It's more fun and opens up guile and skills around the ruck.area that I don't think (with respect) you are aware of.

Last edited:

unforgiven

Bench
Speed is not necessarily an attractive aspect of touch. It's creating opportunities by stealth not guile. We differ with that. I used to play touch when it had a play the ball with the foot. I now play tag for that reason. It's more fun and opens up guile and skills around the ruck.area that I don't think (with respect) you are away of.

With respect, you are describing the game at a low level though. I have played touch when it had the play the ball with the foot and have also played in competitions that had 1 marker. As soon as you get to any level above park level it is just about impossible to score once you slow the game down. Players at any rep level are just far too strong in defence. The reason it works in tag is you have to remove a tag and not simply touch an attacking player. It's also the reason the number of players on the field was reduced.

For touch to work at an elite level it needs the ability of removing defenders from the defensive line that the dump provides.

Last edited:

Latest posts