What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Live Pass on laptops gone for 2018

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
got this email from Telstra today:

“Hi *****,
As part of the new NRL Digital Rights agreement, we have made some changes to how we stream NRL. Soon all live streaming services will only be available through the NRL Official App.
From 4 December 2017, your weekly NRL Live Pass subscription will be discontinued, and will no longer work.
After that you won’t be able to stream the NRL on laptops or PCs with your current NRL Live Pass. But you'll still be able to catch next year’s 2018 NRL season action on mobiles and tablets, via the NRL Official App with a new pass.”

Not really an issue for me as I have an iPad and the website was always an awful, bloated unreliable piece of crap, but of was stuck with watching on my phone I’d be livid.
The NRL seems to be going backwards with digital streaming.

Generalzod

Immortal
Will IPads Work with the NRL pass, the screen size is to small to watch on a normal iPhone size screen.

Diesel

Referee
I want to know if they’re allowing screen mirroring now before I throw another $80 at it

adamkungl

Immortal
Anyone who pays for the NRL live pass is a sucker.
It is the worst streaming service in world sport.

Generalzod

Immortal
Telstra, should win Australia's worse business, every single year.
Indeed they could have invested more in better internet but delivered shit adsl2 is shit if you live 4km away from the exchange, and their 4g network hell I can’t even get 2 bar signal in my area.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Who on earth wants to watch sport on a small screen? Even ipod sized screen for watching any media except YouTube videos is off-putting to me. If I can't watch it on my TV or at least mirror to it I am not interested in the slightest

I hope the overseas watchNRL for 2018 will be tv friendly other wise they can forget me as a customer

T.S Quint

Coach
NRL streaming is a joke.
Compare it to NFL Game Pass, or the NBA League Pass.

Granted those are massive, multi-billion dollar companies, and they charge huge fees for them, but surely the NRL can get something at least near that quality.

Latest posts