What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I would charge him with a grade 1 dangerous throw so 125 points. It would probably be in parras interest to plead no contest because and take the week and 25 carry over points in a lost season.

nick87

Coach
No. Just no.

That was the most harmless "spear" tackle I've ever seen

Still probably deserves a week but not even close to being "disgusting and dangerous" like you say

Harmless is not how i'd describe that tackle or any other spear tackle for that matter :lol:
Id say he'll be charged with a grade 2, and should be free to play the final round with an early plea.

skeepe

Immortal
Jennings went head hunting a bit too, wouldn't be surprised to see a charge coming his way for at least one of his high tackles.

Clifferd

Coach
Harmless is not how i'd describe that tackle or any other spear tackle for that matter :lol:
Id say he'll be charged with a grade 2, and should be free to play the final round with an early plea.

It was a slow motion spear tackle taken with care, Croker landed on his shoulders...I've seen far, far worse

Pete Cash

Post Whore

A grade 2 would rub him out for the year. 2 weeks plus 45 carry over points on a guilty plea,

We should be concerned with rapana picking up a grade 1 shoulder charge but i think we might get lucky.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sunday | Raiders v Eels

Rory O'Brien
(Eels) can escape suspension with an early plea for a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact charge on Brenko Lee in the 23rd of his side's loss to Canberra. The base penalty of 100 points drops to 75 on an early plea, which would mean O'Brien will only miss a game if he choose to contest unsuccessfully at judiciary.

Bevan French (Eels) has been charged with a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw on Canberra's Jarrod Croker in the final minute of the same game. 125 base penalty means he'll only miss a week if he challenges the charge unsuccessfully - an early plea reduces his penalty to just 93 points.

Sunday | Roosters v Dragons

Taane Milne
(Dragons) will miss at least one game after a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw on Rooster Boyd Cordner in the 18th minute of his side's big loss on Sunday. With 70% loading owing to one similar and one non-similar prior offence, the base penalty of 125 rises to 212 points, reduced to 159 points with an early plea. If he fights at judiciary and loses, he may miss two matches instead of just one with the early plea.

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29028-nrl-match-review-round-24/

*cue skeepe losing his mind*

skeepe

Immortal
Confirmation we should have been awarded a possible 8-point try, how the bunker missed that I'll never know.

Surprised Jennings escaped a charge, given at least one of his swinging arms was easily worse than the one Ryan James was charged for, but that's the fun of the MRC, you never know what they'll do next.

Taane Milne needs to calm down, his 3rd charge already? Wow.

Bazal

Post Whore
Niether French or O'Brien should have even been charged, tbh. O'Brien is a pillow though so not fussed.

Semi touched the ref, what happened to that crack down? Lol.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Nah the French charge is consistent with how they grade dangerous throws. Not much in it but ita a textbook grade 1 throw.

Paullyboy

Coach
Confirmation we should have been awarded a possible 8-point try, how the bunker missed that I'll never know.

I was watching at the pub and had no sound, but I figured that's what the video ref was looking at for so long and figured that a possible 8 point try was coming for sure. I'd forgotten about it until now, but that was a pretty poor miss that would have created a shit storm if it happened to a Sydney team.

From the NRL's website -

Maloney takes early guilty plea
Tue 23 Aug, 2016, 10:33am
NRL.com

Sharks five-eighth James Maloney has accepted an early guilty plea for a high tackle, the only player cited in Cronulla's Round 24 Telstra Premiership loss to South Sydney at ANZ Stadium on Monday night.

Slapped with a grade one careless high tackle charge for his hit on Rabbitohs centre Aaron Gray in the 73rd minute of the contest, Maloney escapes suspension despite one prior non-similar offence in the past two years increasing the base penalty for the charge from 75 points to 90 points.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
From our own website -

Monday | Rabbitohs v Sharks

James Maloney
(Sharks) will miss no game time after taking the early plea on a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle charge. The 73rd minute shot on South Sydney's Aaron Gray in his side's loss on Monday night attracted a base penalty of 75 points, which increased to 90 points with 20% non-similar prior loading, then reduced to 67 points with the plea.

RESULT: Early plea. 0 weeks

Pete Cash

Post Whore
huh the judiciary rounds down for carry over points if there is a half point. Thats pretty generous. I did not know that.

Surely

Post Whore
From our own website -

Monday | Rabbitohs v Sharks

James Maloney
(Sharks) will miss no game time after taking the early plea on a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle charge. The 73rd minute shot on South Sydney's Aaron Gray in his side's loss on Monday night attracted a base penalty of 75 points, which increased to 90 points with 20% non-similar prior loading, then reduced to 67 points with the plea.

RESULT: Early plea. 0 weeks

So the same penalty you'd get for breaking a jaw and ending a guys season.

Love the way they work.

Clifferd

Coach
So the same penalty you'd get for breaking a jaw and ending a guys season.

Love the way they work.

Yep, the judiciary is 100% fine and not broken. Lol

Wonder if they came up with the gradings while high or something

Paullyboy

Coach
I swear Maloney has been guilty of multiple high tackles this year. Is he just covered in teflon? It's absurd that he keeps getting off by the skin of his teeth.

adamkungl

Immortal
None of them are ever particularly bad. He has a habit of slipping up a bit but they tend to be low impact and have never injured anyone as far as i recall. Exactly the sort of thing you don't want to see blokes sidelined for imo.

shaggs

Coach
They are never a swinging arm. Exactly like Adam said. They are always from slipping up due to over exuberance.
What was tapaus hit on bird given. Was that grade 1 careless or reckless??

Latest posts