What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL on track to open Perth stadium as first sporting match

Perth Red

Post Whore
Of course AFL fans are not happy, we should rejoice at this! Of course some in the media in an AFL city will be AFL fans, doh. However the announcement was positive throughout the WA media and apart from a couple of opinion pieces it has been reported positively and certainly doesn't back up a tin foil hat conspiracy that the WA media is anti RL.
It is apathetic to NRL but its apathetic to any sport that Perth doesn't have a team in.

Last edited:

gallagher

Juniors
My mistake. I don't come on here often enough to know who the trolls are.
But bloody hell, is this guy the best here?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
One dickhead in one paper doesn't mean everyone's against it.

Fat Tony

Juniors
Now i hate the afl, and always love getting one up over them, but nrl matches opening the new stadium is just wrong.

West Australians have been waiting for this stadium for decades. Both freo and the eagles have consitently sold out subiaco oval for years. Every derby game they've had to turn away tens of thousands because they've never had a suitable stadium. It's been a long slog for them to get their stadium, and for all the talk about big events coming to the stadium it's main role/purpose is afl games, and for it to open with a sport that the majority of west aussies simply dont care about is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Imagine if the opening of the revamped suncorp was done by an old nsl soccer match? Us league fans would be ropable

Suitman

Post Whore
Now i hate the afl, and always love getting one up over them, but nrl matches opening the new stadium is just wrong.

West Australians have been waiting for this stadium for decades. Both freo and the eagles have consitently sold out subiaco oval for years. Every derby game they've had to turn away tens of thousands because they've never had a suitable stadium. It's been a long slog for them to get their stadium, and for all the talk about big events coming to the stadium it's main role/purpose is afl games, and for it to open with a sport that the majority of west aussies simply dont care about is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Imagine if the opening of the revamped suncorp was done by an old nsl soccer match? Us league fans would be ropable

f**king lol.

Vee

First Grade

F*ck'em.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I went to the re-opening of Lang Park and had to watch the drongos play drugcastle.

The people of Perth can suffer also.

taipan

Referee
The simple way for fumble ball to overcome this problem ,was to bring forward their comp by a fortnight.
The NRL was going to stage the 9s there ,before it was knocked on the head.It was hardly a secret.
So the fumblers with all their expertise failed to get of their behinds(sic) and reschedule.

Ironic they have had no problems in stuffing up our final series at ANZ in the past(so we play 2nd fiddle), because of booking the ground early fior the Swans should they make it.

I frankly wouldn't have cared if they opened the new stadium, they are the biggest code in that state.However if they are slow off the mark(sic) to organise something,.like our NRL is famous for,I have as much sympathy for them as i do with Kim Kardashian getting her jewellery nicked.

Barry Undersea Cable should be blasting the AFL and Gil McSporran.