What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL on track to open Perth stadium as first sporting match

King hit

Coach
I went to Perth last year and even though WA is big on AFL there is a Rugby (both codes) scene there and the NRL has the perfect opportunity to get a foothold over Union in Perth and good on em for attempting to do so and promote our game in Western Australia.

Don't listen to what some insular AFL nutters say. There would be more people behind this than there would be against it.

gallagher

Juniors
I went to Perth last year and even though WA is big on AFL there is a Rugby (both codes) scene there and the NRL has the perfect opportunity to get a foothold over Union in Perth and good on em for attempting to do so and promote our game in Western Australia.

Don't listen to what some insular AFL nutters say. There would be more people behind this than there would be against it.
Absolutely.
AFL fans here always get jealous when another footy code gets some coverage but overall the annnouncment has been received very well.

King hit

Coach
Absolutely.
AFL fans here always get jealous when another footy code gets some coverage but overall the annnouncment has been received very well.

Just why do AFL fans go berserk over any other sport that isn't AFL? I had a Rugby shirt on when on holiday once and this Victorian family derided me over it. It's just insane.

Since you live in Perth (i presume) do you have any insight into why.

Canard

Immortal
So when cowboys get their new stadium, after years of fighting for it & going to a run down 1300 smiles, and the local government says we've done a deal with the afl and the grounds grand opening is going an international rules or AFLX game you wouldn't be dissapointed?

Couldn't give two shits, because unlike AFL fans I'm not a whiny bitch.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Just why do AFL fans go berserk over any other sport that isn't AFL? I had a Rugby shirt on when on holiday once and this Victorian family derided me over it. It's just insane.

fear

gallagher

Juniors

A lot of people raised over here have a huge chip on their shoulder about 'the eastcoast'. They hate federal politicains because they ignore us, they hate the victorian media becuse they are biased to the melb afl clubs and they hate other footy codes.
I dunno, a bit of xenophobia maybe? Small mans syndrom? But I'll tell you this, when they start telling you how crap league is and how no one goes to games etc, they get pissed off when you dont take the bait.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I've found very little animosity to nrl from afl fans here. You get the odd dck head like in most sports (I mean look at the anti afl comments on here lol) but on the whole most people are either ignorant of it or don't mind it.

King hit

Coach
I've found very little animosity to nrl from afl fans here. You get the odd dck head like in most sports (I mean look at the anti afl comments on here lol) but on the whole most people are either ignorant of it or don't mind it.

You guys in the west are very open to all sport from my experience. It's the brainwashed Victorian Aussie rules zealot are the insane ones.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So when cowboys get their new stadium, after years of fighting for it & going to a run down 1300 smiles, and the local government says we've done a deal with the afl and the grounds grand opening is going an international rules or AFLX game you wouldn't be dissapointed?
no, who f**king cares. It's a boon for tourism, it's more dollars for organisers and the venue.... get over it.

King hit

Coach
Funny how they complain about Rugby League moving in on AFL but Aussie Rules try to turn QLD and NSW into AFL states and all their expats in NSW and QLD try to get you following AFL and they get angry if you don't like it.

The irony in this is hilarious

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not much I applaud NRL for but pat on the back for this one. With todays news of Union cutting Force being ok'd by the Courts, Twiggy Forest threatening to go all SL on their ar5es and the AFL sycophants getting their knickers in a twist it is perfect timing.
I have to say a big well done to whoever at NRLHQ convinced the WA Govt to allow a double header to be held at the new stadium :)

El Diablo

Post Whore
How desperate of the AFL. Shows all they care about is perception and media spin

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/af...with-womens-clash-next-february-ng-b88589424z

Couldn't give a shit what the first game is, there will be concerts and probably cricket on before anyway. Just looking forward to seeing the double header and listening to AFL cultists bitch and moan
i'm surprised the AFL didn't bring their season forward such is their paranoia over being first