What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 1 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

JJ

Immortal
Good game both sides have improvement in them IMO

Cronulla and the Cows a cut above, even with both missing some key players, OMG it's going to be a long season for us

Good game both sides have improvement in them IMO

Cronulla and the Cows a cut above, even with both missing some key players, OMG it's going to be a long season for us
Cows go back to back tries.
Moylan going to be first new half at a club to lose?

A lllllloooonnnnnngggggg season ahead.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
So many piggy backs for Newcastle out of their own half which killed us in the end. Really happy with Tanginoa, he was a beast

Still hate how the points system for golden point works, have always said that whether we win or lose. Doesn't seem right to me that a team can scrap for 87mins and go down by a point and they get the same reward as a team who gets smacked by 50

So many piggy backs for Newcastle out of their own half which killed us in the end. Really happy with Tanginoa, he was a beast

Still hate how the points system for golden point works, have always said that whether we win or lose. Doesn't seem right to me that a team can scrap for 87mins and go down by a point and they get the same reward as a team who gets smacked by 50

Agree, other than less of a points diff.

The argument of it would need to be used in the finals is weak as a team could never play golden point and reach the finals.

I also dont like the fact that both teams have played more minutes than the team they play next week and you could argue more than the extra time since its a close game the intensity stays up for the full 80 vs say a 40-10 scoreline, where leading team normally backs off a little and team behind gives up really with 10mins to go.

Nothing wrong with a draw.

Newcastle got their fairytale.

WellsNZ

Juniors
How f**king good is Ponga and still a kid getting his feet wet.

If anyone had any questions about how he'd go not with the Cowboys he shut them up pretty quickly. So excited to watch this kids career.

Dufty was not very involved but looks a very exciting talent too. Not Ponga level but he's going to be fun to watch.

Hate the Chooks but excited to see how they look with Teddy who is my favourite player. Looking forward to watching the new Tigers too, hope Muts and Packer do some damage.

JJ

Immortal
Uncle Ivan's Wests Warriors are showing character against comp heavyweights

Blair

Coach
Uncle Ivan's Wests Warriors are showing character against comp heavyweights

10-8, last minute try and sideline conversion to win. It doesn't get much better than that.

Mutts off the bench?

Ok some ex Warriors in Storm v Dogs.
Lets see how the flop that is Foran goes for Dogs.
Green just played better than my game Foran did for us.

JJ

Immortal
Nice to see the Panthers offload some poisonous personalities, albeit big stars, and win their first game.

Gus has guts.
He certainly does, and he cops a lot of flak at times, but history suggests he's right more often than not

Loved seeing the Titans get up too

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Crazy first round, looks like you could throw a blanket over 12-13 teams this year

Didn't see every game of the weekend, what I did see had varying quality

The Broncos looked absolutely woeful, hopefully they are in for a long year. Souths similar, while other teams showed patches of good stuff mixed in with rubbish, namely Canberra, Parra and Penrith

The roller coaster has begun

Blair

Coach
Procter accused of 'squirrel grip'. You can take the boy from Melbourne but...

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts