What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 11 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
So the binned Manly player returned after only eight minutes? They were confused about this when I turned the radio off to go out.

How did Tof go? I only had a few mins listening.

Such spite between these two sides though, a bit unpleasant really. All that talent wasted on aggro.

Walker was binned in the first 10 for backchat maybe some later didn't see whole game

Souths lost Johnston and Sam Burgess to hammies so good win for them
Wow, might try to catch a replay for final mins.
Let's hope Rabbits put Johnston and Burgess on ice for next week. :)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
So the binned Manly player returned after only eight minutes? They were confused about this when I turned the radio off to go out.

How did Tof go? I only had a few mins listening.

Such spite between these two sides though, a bit unpleasant really. All that talent wasted on aggro.

Basically what I think has happened is that they spent 10mins off the field but the clock was stopped for some of it but the NRL official waved them back on

Tof didn't get much of a run, just a few mins at the end, 3 runs for 25m

Basically what I think has happened is that they spent 10mins off the field but the clock was stopped for some of it but the NRL official waved them back on

Tof didn't get much of a run, just a few mins at the end, 3 runs for 25m

Exactly, it was 10mins since Walker physically left the field by the look, not when game clock restarted.
Henry was about to start the game again when he got late breaking news through the ear piece that Api needed a sit down for 3rd man in punch (Send off offence not bin thanks to Gallen) and had to pull DCE in and ask "you know the rule for players punching?"

Last edited:
They say a fish rots from the head, and couldn't be more apt with Greenberg and the NRL at the moment

Local club footy run by volunteers has a match official that runs the clock on the sideline !! Can't tell me that a multi million professional comp doesn't have an official in charge of it, as all the ex players on commentary said last night

If we lose points for that, I'll be close to done, they are ruining the game

It looks like "by the rules" the club's are responsible for time keeping and falling to home team if away team spent provided time keeper.

The weird part is who was the guy in the NRL shirt with the stop watch if not with Manly or Storm?

Why do clubs not know these rules?

Why was Walker binned? (Descent for not listening to ref to back off???)

Why was a punch by Api not a send off?

When does HIA time start with a Sin Bin?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I just watched that Manly Melbourne game...what a cracker of a game.

I thought Perenara reffed and controlled that heated affair well. I dont know what was going on with the time keepers.

Awesome game.

JJ

Immortal
Can't say I'm sad that Walker got smashed, he's a lippy turd

But they will now make an example of Scott, I'm just a bit over it all though the penalties etc and now this. We don't want fights but all the shirt grabbing and mouthing off is crap, and now penalties are so important we're seeing so much milking and diving

Also how the f**k was Api not sent off too? He should get a similar charge and suspension

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Ata running around at replacement hooker for the Raiders..

Sliding doors for him a bit, if he stayed he could be getting the opportunities and plaudits that Lino is getting..

Similar could be said for Tui, languishing in reggies for the tigers

TheDMC

Bench
Such a shame the cowgirls blew it against Souths....it would have been a great weekend of results for the Warriors if they held on.

Reactions: Izz
3 weeks for Scott Grade 3. early plea
1 week for Api Grade 1 early plea
Api shot was a dirtier act, we dont want a 3rd man in throwing punches to people's temples.
But Scott fracturing Walkers eye socket would have increased his charge.

Melbourne could probably argue Api's punch worse to get a downgrade????

JJ

Immortal
Yep, Korisau's was a sucker punch, that's far worse, and I reckon more dangerous - Walker saw Scott coming (likely he was explicitly inviting it) - punching someone hard from the side or rear when they are unaware is really bad

Big Marn

Juniors
st george were unconvincing yesterday and could have easily dropped the points yesterday. Made a lot of errors. Dufty express pace the difference in the end.