What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 17 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
5-0, Cowboys. Halftime.
Early days but a handy lead. I'm in two minds, I like upsets but I don't want an angry Souths next week!

nswarrior

Juniors
Gee Walsh is one of the biggest dickheads in the league, can’t stand him

he reminds me of the girls i see in the primary school playground when I pick my son up
Walsh complains about every ref call and goes up right to the ref and screams and waives his arms

Another ref will bin him, has become a real duck head for sure

nswarrior

Juniors
Can’t see Souths playing this badly next week

Moves us to 5th on the ladder tied with Sharks and Storm and only 1 win behind 1st

Blair

Coach
Grandstand finish, Roosters need to go the length.

Chance there! Tedesco knocks-on!! Now Radley KO's Croker...

The Raiders hold out. 20-18, but the Roosters had another chance at the death but Manu's desperate pass went over the sideline.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Feel Holbrook was treated pretty harshly tbh, they’ve been inconsistent within games but not the worst

I wonder if Tedesco just needs a rest, he’s had a lot of high stakes games and has been consistently brilliant, just looks weary and out of sorts (again by his incredible standards)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Feel Holbrook was treated pretty harshly tbh, they’ve been inconsistent within games but not the worst

I wonder if Tedesco just needs a rest, he’s had a lot of high stakes games and has been consistently brilliant, just looks weary and out of sorts (again by his incredible standards)
Tough call for Robinson, but the only way the Roosters make the top 8, is Manu making the permanent move to fullback

JJ

Immortal
Tough call for Robinson, but the only way the Roosters make the top 8, is Manu making the permanent move to fullback
Not sure, tbh, even if Tedesco is below his best, they’re better with them both in the team…. Problems elsewhere in the spine and forwards?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Not sure, tbh, even if Tedesco is below his best, they’re better with them both in the team…. Problems elsewhere in the spine and forwards?
Tedesco wing maybe, they used to do something similar with Mini and RTS, he just seems to lack any explosion and confidence now through the middle. Keary has been out of touch for a long time now too.

I think their biggest problem is probably having natural footy players being confined into a boring regimented structure by Cooper Cronk and it isn’t working for them

Blair

Coach
Another great round, please rugby league god, never let this season end! Rd 17 Ladder:

1687691937576.png

Canberra's achilles heel is their f/a. Will the Broncos have a post-Origin slide like the last few years? Probably not. You can't behave like Walsh in the workplace, and he's in the workplace! There'll be repercussions.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Reece Walsh referred straight to the judiciary for mouthing off at the referee - his defence was that he was mouthing off at an opposition player, not the ref.

Meanwhile CNK spends 20 min plus signing autographs and getting photos with fans after our win.
thanks Brisbane for taking the little grub off our hands, I know which player I’d rather have.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Reece Walsh referred straight to the judiciary for mouthing off at the referee - his defence was that he was mouthing off at an opposition player, not the ref.

Meanwhile CNK spends 20 min plus signing autographs and getting photos with fans after our win.
thanks Brisbane for taking the little grub off our hands, I know which player I’d rather have.
It’s a blatant lie from Walsh as well, like what he used to say to his Mrs before an away trip, can’t stand him