What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 19 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
I'll get this thread started earlier this week in case the 'free Wi-Fi' at this hotel for work (nothing glamorous, just Bathurst NSW) isn't up to scratch.

I noticed most of the top eight sides play bottom eight sides. That's interesting, and I can see some upsets there, i.e. a desperate Raiders away to Sharks and the Tigers over Souths.

Eels v Dogs, Sydney at its finest.

I've written off the Cows. What a shock this has been. Who'd have thought they not only deserve the spoon but may well get it too? It's great for us if they beat the Dragons but we can only hope it will happen.

Storm have found 'enough to win' lately but one thing they've shown the comp this year is that they're beatable. Warriors won't repeat the Anzac Day debacle, surely?

Eagles can roll the Chooks Sunday arvo at Brookie. I know they can and they'll do it for us!

Blair

Coach
It hurts my brain to have to think so much about footy this early in the week. I usually chill on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

As a filler, Russia '18 was outstanding and that's a general consensus. The best team just did enough to win but who didn't enjoy plucky Croatia's run? A nation of four million people, that's sounds familiar!

Cold Roses

Juniors
Storm have found 'enough to win' lately but one thing they've shown the comp this year is that they're beatable. Warriors won't repeat the Anzac Day debacle, surely?

For a team that we traditionally have a good record against, it feels like we're long overdue a win. Been a lean couple of years stretching back to the Red Bull Six saga.

Blair

Coach
For a team that we traditionally have a good record against, it feels like we're long overdue a win. Been a lean couple of years stretching back to the Red Bull Six saga.

I'll take an 8-0 snorathon again too. As long as we win.

In a quirky way I'd also like a draw instead of a win. That way we can pretty much forget about our dodgy 'for and against' and our next regular season hiding, if it happens, would just be that.

Cold Roses

Juniors
I'll take an 8-0 snorathon again too. As long as we win.

In a quirky way I'd also like a draw instead of a win. That way we can pretty much forget about our dodgy 'for and against' and our next regular season hiding, if it happens, would just be that.

2 - 0 would be fine by me. There are plenty of Top 8 match ups happening in the run up to the finals as well, so we just need to get any wins we can and bank the 2 points. I just hate losing to the Storm more than any other team. It burns.

I'll get this thread started earlier this week in case the 'free Wi-Fi' at this hotel for work (nothing glamorous, just Bathurst NSW) isn't up to scratch.

I noticed most of the top eight sides play bottom eight sides. That's interesting, and I can see some upsets there, i.e. a desperate Raiders away to Sharks and the Tigers over Souths.

Eels v Dogs, Sydney at its finest.

I've written off the Cows. What a shock this has been. Who'd have thought they not only deserve the spoon but may well get it too? It's great for us if they beat the Dragons but we can only hope it will happen.

Eagles can roll the Chooks Sunday arvo at Brookie. I know they can and they'll do it for us!
A few teams have this post Grandfinal loss issues, Eels, Us, now Cowboys who don't make the 8 the next year.

Blair

Coach
A few teams have this post Grandfinal loss issues, Eels, Us, now Cowboys who don't make the 8 the next year.

Did those teams lose their coach though? I'm shocked at the Cows. I wouldn't have expected us, with Cleary still in charge, to miss the finals in 2012.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Cowboys have a been a huge disappointment this season no doubt, but what everybody forgot about their season last year, is that if the Dragons didn't capitulate against the Dogs on the final day of the season, then the Cowboys wouldn't have even played finals footy

We have a good record recently against the Roosters, but don't see us beating them this week, their guys are all rested up nicely and they will get the inevitable roll on through the whistle

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Our games against a forward pack like the Storms are the games where the supporters of OUR pack, all of a sudden, go quiet about how great our pack is.

Our under size pack needs to 'muscle-up' (as they say), against the big powerful Bromwich, NAS, Kaufusi, Finnucane etc. The other thing, is of course is to outsmart.

I'm hoping we carry our momentum from last week into this game and I think we're going to beat the Storm. Its been awhile since we beat them.

JJ

Immortal
Our games against a forward pack like the Storms are the games where the supporters of OUR pack, all of a sudden, go quiet about how great our pack is.

Our under size pack needs to 'muscle-up' (as they say), against the big powerful Bromwich, NAS, Kaufusi, Finnucane etc. The other thing, is of course is to outsmart.

I'm hoping we carry our momentum from last week into this game and I think we're going to beat the Storm. Its been awhile since we beat them.
Melbourne are a tough team to outsmart... tough team to out-muscle... Cronulla has a template that works resaonably, although we're quite a different team to the Sharkies

Generally we go well against the Storm, and you'd imagine they could just remember the ANZAC performance for motivation

Melbourne are a tough team to outsmart... tough team to out-muscle... Cronulla has a template that works resaonably, although we're quite a different team to the Sharkies

Generally we go well against the Storm, and you'd imagine they could just remember the ANZAC performance for motivation
We have gone well in the past against the Storm when we play unstructured football in attack. We had unstructured defense last time, message got lost.

Got to feel for Raiders
1. Touche flag up, looks like knock on, Raiders stops and Sharks score.
2. Forward pass called with open line on flat pass.
3. Strip at end went back towards Raiders try line.

Lose by 4.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lol how bad were those refs !! Terrible calls, lucky the boss is his brother so will back him up

Game over for the Raiders now you'd feel, is the old adage about calls evening up, and they beat us on the back of a 5m forward pass, but that was next level

I want live coverage of the Stuart press conference lol, stuff the Donkeys game