What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 2 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Is round two a bit of an anti-climax after that ace season opener?

They say it's early days but I still reckon the sides that lost last week will be feeling a little anxious this week. You don't want to lose two in a row, and that's highly likely for either Manly and Parra, who play eachother. Ditto Roosters v Bulldogs, two clubs that expect finals footy.

Match of the round has to be Broncs at home to Cows. In recent season's these clashes have been classics. This Friday's game will tell us a lot about where Brisbane is right now.

If they put up a good show, preferrably winning, then last week's drubbing was just a blip, but if they're out of sorts again then it's serious concerns for their prospects this year. You'd back the supercoach to make sure it was just a blip.

Still, a big club like Brisbane last winning the title 12 seasons ago shows just how bloody hard a premiership is. Some of us can't even remember winning one. Cue Titans and the club we (generally) talk (a lot) about elsewhere.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Is round two a bit of an anti-climax after that ace season opener?

They say it's early days but I still reckon the sides that lost last week will be feeling a little anxious this week. You don't want to lose two in a row, and that's highly likely for either Manly and Parra, who play eachother.

Match of the round has to be Broncs at home to Cows. In recent season's these clashes have been classics. This Friday's game will tell us a lot about where Brisbane is right now.

If they put up a good show, preferrably winning, then last week's drubbing was just a blip, but if they're out of sorts again then it's serious concerns for their prospects this year. You'd back the supercoach to make sure it was just a blip.

Still, a big club like Brisbane last winning the title 12 seasons ago shows just how bloody hard a premiership is.
Believe it or not but I think they missed Blair last week and the new prop was making crucial costly errors. Their pack was outta sorts. You had Thaiday passing out of dummy half and there was other things I can't remember now.

Cowboys are another beast with JT running things. Its amazing how one man can make such a difference. He has that impact like McCaw does for the All Blacks. Matt Scott returning from injury boosts their go forward.

I reckon Cows to take it fairly comfortably this week.

Blair

Coach
Believe it or not but I think they missed Blair last week and the new prop was making crucial costly errors. Their pack was outta sorts. You had Thaiday passing out of dummy half and there was other things I can't remember now.

Cowboys are another beast with JT running things. Its amazing how one man can make such a difference. He has that impact like McCaw does for the All Blacks. Matt Scott returning from injury boosts their go forward.

I reckon Cows to take it fairly comfortably this week.

JT will be fresh as this year too. As remember he's solely a club player now.

Sharks need a breathing circle.
They are losing their shit.
Dragons got Knightingale in the bin, dropped 3 times, give away 2 penalties and kicked out on full from kickoff. Dragons got 4 points while a player in the bin.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Once again the video ref shows absolutely no consistency at all with the no try for the Dogs

It was sent up a try and the evidence they ruled off was not sufficient to overturn, and last week they awarded one that was a similar sort of thing to the Warriors, only difference really was the depth between the players

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
1. Great to see Foran being so direct
2. That was a try IMO
3, OMG that second half from the Sharks was embarrassing, and their first half so clinical, just weird

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
1. Great to see Foran being so direct
2. That was a try IMO
3, OMG that second half from the Sharks was embarrassing, and their first half so clinical, just weird

Haha was just going to say I've never seen a straighter football team now that Foran is there.

Blair

Coach
Also, 8-0 down and on the rack with another goal line drop out, Brisbane change the game with that short kick-off chutzpah.

Now 18-8 up.

Nikorima did great work getting around JT and accelerating, but pass to Roberts on outside the high percentage play, went for grubber to Boyd on inside who missed and butchered a certain try.

Latest posts