What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 2 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Big Ben got some time in the bin with 16mins to go.
Storm taking the 2 points during that time just weird.(yes it drew it up at the time and then go in front by 2)
Short goal line dropout didnt work for for storm and allowed big Ben to offload and Brooks to score the winner.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Beautiful stuff last night from the Tigers

Didn't see a second of footy yesterday, but had the last 15 on in the car on the way home and all I heard was "penalty Melbourne" all the way home

Those refs may be on the chopping block for not getting Billy over the line

Blair

Coach
Big Ben got some time in the bin with 16mins to go.
Storm taking the 2 points during that time just weird.(yes it drew it up at the time and then go in front by 2)
Short goal line dropout didnt work for for storm and allowed big Ben to offload and Brooks to score the winner.

So Big Ben goes to the Tigers, gets to offload, then checks the report from his former club and sees they probably offloaded more yesterday than the whole of his last season with them.

Blair

Coach
Beautiful stuff last night from the Tigers

Didn't see a second of footy yesterday, but had the last 15 on in the car on the way home and all I heard was "penalty Melbourne" all the way home

Those refs may be on the chopping block for not getting Billy over the line

Beave, does Manly v Eels still have that 'great rivalry'? Or is it more Channel Nine hype these days, living in the past and all that?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Im wrapt for the Tigers as any neutral observer would be for the underdog comin out on top but I'm still not convinced they're going to have a great season. I hope they do, particularly for Benji and all the ex-Warriors over there, Ivan included.

Blair

Coach
Im wrapt for the Tigers as any neutral observer would be for the underdog comin out on top but I'm still not convinced they're going to have a great season. I hope they do, particularly for Benji and all the ex-Warriors over there, Ivan included.

The Tigers are rebuilding, dumping some egos and a bit of poison along the way, as we know. Interesting stat, has Ivan coached a losing side v Warriors?

I thought they were my second team but then I remembered the Cowboys.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Beave, does Manly v Eels still have that 'great rivalry'? Or is it more Channel Nine hype these days, living in the past and all that?

It certainly has been evident in the last few years with a bit of niggle in the games, but nothing like the old days were

Read earlier we haven't beaten them since 2014

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
The Tigers are rebuilding, dumping some egos and a bit of poison along the way, as we know. Interesting stat, has Ivan coached a losing side v Warriors?

I thought they were my second team but then I remembered the Cowboys.
I can't remember the games where we played a Ivan coached side. There was the Panthers and I can't remember if we played Ivans Tigers last year.

So far with the inclusion of Packer, Matulino and Benji, they're looking solid. But it's obviously the other players as well that so far, aren't willing to just give in and get beat like they did last year. Rebuilding nicely so far for sure.

JJ

Immortal
Uncle Ivan's Auckland Magpies have had a great start though, yes they are rebuilding (but so are we IMO) in very tight games they've taken down two of the top three teams - that's pretty astonishing and without their new #6, especially the Melbourne game in Slater's 300th... I'd be over the moon if I was a Tigers supporter, even moreso than as a Warriors fan - beating the Roosters and Storm is as impressive as it gets - the Rabbitohs and Titans - well, if expectations weren't so low we'd have expected to win both those

Blair

Coach
Eels seem to be lacking a playmaker, it's just straight at the line in attack, if that doesn't work it's thrown out to the wing.

Very dull.

Manly 24-0 up, almost point a minute.

JJ

Immortal
What's going on with the Eels? They were good last year, now it looks like Kearney is coaching them again!!!

JJ

Immortal
30-0 before half time what a massacre didn't see this happening

There's a third JT and he's a fair player too!!!

Latest posts