What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 3 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Well not perfect reffing, broncos moving sideways in play the ball made it look worse, Godinet wasn't square but didnt chase.

Theyre gonna need to put some more points on the board eventually. Reynolds will be a good inclusion, Brooks would probably have to be the one who misses out when he's back
I actually thought Reynolds might stuff it all up????
Benji looks like his ankle is gone, so we will find out shortly.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I actually thought Reynolds might stuff it all up????
Benji looks like his ankle is gone, so we will find out shortly.
For me, they need someone who's gonna run at the line in the halves, Brooks and benji are good kickers, passers and organisers, but Reynolds will take the line on a bit more, plus he's as mad as a cut snake which is always good too haha

Others thoughts on Bird no try?
Didnt look it to me, ball didnt change any direction, looks untouched.

Gus wouldn't let it go.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Others thoughts on Bird no try?
Didnt look it to me, ball didnt change any direction, looks untouched.

Gus wouldn't let it go.
No way in the world It was a try, no downward pressure, no control, no deviation on the ball. No idea what Gus was on about, did anyone challenge him on it?

TheDMC

Bench
No way in the world It was a try, no downward pressure, no control, no deviation on the ball. No idea what Gus was on about, did anyone challenge him on it?

Technically, even the lightest touch from Bird would mean 'downward pressure.' It would be physically impossible for it not be as his hand is coming from above. But absolutely no control, so no try.

Packer and Matulino are really leading the Tigpies pack.. Packer on defence is a machine. Tigers my second team fer sure, but I can't see them developing an attacking game worth squat. Uncle Ivan's weakness as a coach (excellent otherwise he is though).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep, they’re playing good Ivanball... but as we know Ivanball doesn’t usually result in awesome atttack or grand finals unless you have an SJ emerge to get you there.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just caught up with the penalty that was awarded to Brisbane to win the game, what an absolute disgrace to have a game decided like that. Watched a clip of the 9 callers going nuts about it too

I've had enough of golden point, in our one in round 1 the refs could have called plenty of penalties for offside etc but didn't go near it, then Brisbane get that gift last night

1 point each and onto the next game for me

JJ

Immortal
Golden point just doesn't work IMO, it's exciting yes because of the win-loss, but that's not needed, I don't like the field-goalathon, and the refs are on a hiding to nothing - criticised for making no decisions (rightly) and criticised for making a decision (rightly)

If they "need" something, have a proper extra time

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The other thing that I hate about it, is that the Tigers battled their arse off for 87 mins last night, for the same reward that Parra got last week for putting the cue in the rack early

Loser of golden point should still be getting a point imo

Blair

Coach

Yes, he had a set-to with Warren, but commentators are encouraged to do that sometimes, aren't they? To be adversarial (sp?) with each other.

Lockyer backed up Gus. I thought it was a clear no try, due to the no control of the football. It was a knock-on in-goal. The Bunker did good.

Latest posts