What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 4 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
We're getting reasonably well into th season now. Expect some teams to start seriously getting left behind on the table. Although hopefully no (non-Warriors) side races too far ahead.

Match of the round looks like tonight in Townsville. The Cows will be looking to remain a force at home and the (Cleary-less) Panthers wouldn't want to leave a comeback too late in the heat up there.

The most awkward game of the round? It has to be tomorrow's Rabbs v Mutts. Who could pick a winner there?

Ata debuting for the desperate Raiders v Manly at Brookie. A tough assignment, for both him and his new team.

Sharks v Storm, at Cronulla. Is this just another game between two highly competitive sides? It feels a long way from 2016, when these sides were well ahead of the rest.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Nathan who? Our Jimmy having a blinder, including a fluke of a try. His mis-kick for touch was fumbled by JT and back into the arms of Jim, who dived over.

Maloney doesn't like playing second fiddle, does he?

*edit, just confronted Hess on the first tackle and forced the ball loose.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
From the top of my head there's currently two okes from the mighty Manawatu doing the business in the NRL, Tohu and Tamou.

I can't believe the mana of one and the complete lack of dignity with the other.

ozbash

Referee
Wow.. didn' pick that.. thought the Pennies were in for a hiding with Cleary out..

Wow.. didn' pick that.. thought the Pennies were in for a hiding with Cleary out..
Maloney is highly underrated.
Can't name many halves who have taken 3 different teams to a Grandfinal and winning 2 out of 3.

But didn't see it coming either.
Shut down JT and run around their forwards and Cows look toast.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
I've always been a Panthers fan, great win for them, thought they'd take a couple of weeks to find their feet

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Haven't seen any footy this round, just sat down to look at the Sharks game

I've lasted 15mins and turned it off. The refs are destroying my game, under direction from potentially the worst thing to hit League in a long time, Todd Greenberg

Luke Lewis getting 10 in the bin for Slater taking a dive was the end for me

Blair

Coach
Haven't seen any footy this round, just sat down to look at the Sharks game

I've lasted 15mins and turned it off. The refs are destroying my game, under direction from potentially the worst thing to hit League in a long time, Todd Greenberg

Luke Lewis getting 10 in the bin for Slater taking a dive was the end for me

You missed some good push and shove at the end. Actually, it was almost all-in biff! Solomona v Gallen finished things nicely. Big Gal just waltzed over for his post-match interview, banged-up nose and all, like nothing happened.

'Thirty-three penalties boiling over' according to Gus post-match.

Last edited:
Ref Cam Smith getting binned is clasic.

I know the refs are blowing a lot of penalties.
The question is are they justified?
(Sorry didnt watch the games)

I still think players need to learn that this isn't going away. Luke Lewis said on 360 during the week it normally starts like this and goes away around round 4.
Should it not lead to more open football it players stay back the 10m and Storm can't slow the play the ball down???

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ref Cam Smith getting binned is clasic.

I know the refs are blowing a lot of penalties.
The question is are they justified?
(Sorry didnt watch the games)

I still think players need to learn that this isn't going away. Luke Lewis said on 360 during the week it normally starts like this and goes away around round 4.
Should it not lead to more open football it players stay back the 10m and Storm can't slow the play the ball down???

Also heard Lewis say something that shed some light on issues the players have as well

Under the 2 ref system, you can get 1 ref that takes you back 13m and walks you onto the play the ball, then the other one takes over and is a static 10m and you get pinged