What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 7 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Massive turn around by Eels and from my understanding with this stupid draw the first team to exact revenge over a first game loss this year.

Blair

Coach
Manly in a bit of bother this year, to hell with us losing to them again.

I had a feeling the Eels would roll them. Did Hayne play?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I said to myself before the Knights Tigers game that Ivan and the boys were going to drop that one. Can't we remember how often we got up for the big games under King Ive but struggled to put away the ones we felt we should win?

Blair

Coach
I said to myself before the Knights Tigers game that Ivan and the boys were going to drop that one. Can't we remember how often we got up for the big games under King Ive but struggled to put away the ones we felt we should win?

Parra final in 2007 at home is also up there, even though it was a 'huge game'.

Sure we'd lost Manu and Jerome (who were in great form) to injury the week before but we finished top-four and were at home for the first week of the finals.

It had 'anti-climax' written all over it.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Parra final in 2007 at home is also up there, even though it was a 'huge game'.

Sure we'd lost Manu and Jerome (who were in great form) to injury the week before but we finished top-four and were at home for the first week of the finals.

It had 'anti-climax' written all over it.

Mods, please ban this person for mentioning *that game*. Next you'll say the L.S word. Ugh, I remember that game so vividly.

But yeah, the one that sticks out to me is 2008, losing to Souths on Chris Sandow's debut. The Bunnies were 1-10 coming into the game, at Mt Smart. Not that we went that well in the 2008 round robin but I just recall us losing a few of those sort of games under Cleary, whilst winning the big ones.

Blair

Coach
Mods, please ban this person for mentioning *that game*. Next you'll say the L.S word. Ugh, I remember that game so vividly.

But yeah, the one that sticks out to me is 2008, losing to Souths on Chris Sandow's debut. The Bunnies were 1-10 coming into the game, at Mt Smart. Not that we went that well in the 2008 round robin but I just recall us losing a few of those sort of games under Cleary, whilst winning the big ones.

Which all makes sense because we (famously) finished eighth in 2008. One of the three most memorable seasons for us, but we just scraped into the finals.

I have deep concerns with us losing to Parra next month...especially because I'll be at the game.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Which all makes sense because we (famously) finished eighth in 2008. One of the three most memorable seasons for us, but we just scraped into the finals.

I have deep concerns with us losing to Parra next month...especially because I'll be at the game.

Yeah, I just looked at rugbyleagueproject (great website). Incredibly, we were in the 8 for three weeks of the whole season! Round 5, then round 23, then snuck back in round 26. Mindblowing really, when someone like me remembers that season so fondly (I went to every home game) and yet we were pretty average until that wonderful night in Melbourne.

Blair

Coach
Yeah, I just looked at rugbyleagueproject (great website). Incredibly, we were in the 8 for three weeks of the whole season! Round 5, then round 23, then snuck back in round 26. Mindblowing really, when someone like me remembers that season so fondly (I went to every home game) and yet we were pretty average until that wonderful night in Melbourne.

Everything went like a dream in the first two finals that year. We were always in with a chance against the Storm.

However, the Roosters final is often remembered as one-sided. But looking at the end of each half tells a different story. The Chooks led about 13-6 at the break. Then, in about the 73rd minute, they were down 24-13 but attacking deep within our territory. Two late converted tries - and Warrior hearts broken - were a possibilty.

They had an overlap on the left and probably should've scored. We all remember what happened next.

Let's have some more of that this year. We've waited long enough.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Everything went like a dream in the first two finals that year. We were always in with a chance against the Storm.

However, the Roosters final is often remembered as one-sided. But looking at the end of each half tells a different story. The Chooks led about 13-6 at the break. Then, in about the 73rd minute, they were down 24-13 but attacking deep within our territory. Two late converted tries - and Warrior hearts broken - were a possibilty.

They had an overlap on the left and probably should've scored. We all remember what happened next.

Let's have some more of that this year. We've waited long enough.

I remember thinking we were a chance against the Storm, given we'd beaten them 8-6 or whatever it was in the round robin on a typically sodden Mt Smart arvo. I clearly didn't think we were a chance when I said I'd run home nude if we won with about 10 minutes to go at Olympic Park, and I didn't even see Witt hold up the ball as I ran yelling around the house (then ran home with clothes in hand).

I don't remember the Chooks game as one-sided, I recall it was bloody tense. Things went our way. The Hohaia penalty try, the feeling from the Eels game the year before...but man the crowd was epic that night. I can still remember the roar when Aidan Kirk took the intercept and scooted away. And I can remember wanting to chin Josh Massoud in the media box, the little merkin.

Let's have some more of these memories this year.

Latest posts