What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 9 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Cowboys doing a Warriors? Leading 20-0, now it's 20-16 v Penrith, in a freezing Bathurst.

Blair

Coach
The Raiders have shown plenty of guts in the last month.

I like them again. But I'm not so sweet on Sticky!

Blair

Coach
C'mon Eels, it's all good for the Warriors in 2018 having sides like the Sharks outside the eight.

This Dragons vs Storm better be a huge game as they are turning it up massively.
It's own countdown clock and mentioned near 6 times during Fox Sport commentary.

JJ

Immortal
Arrogantly talking it up as this year's GF? That's great for every other side, including us.
It is, but of course Melbourne are Melbourne, and the Dragons have been impressive in every game this year - don't think there's another side that you can say that about - they have not had any injury issues yet though... long season yet...

Pretty good performance from the Dragons
Caught a replay, their defensive outside went well.
Storm not the same team that played us. They played one out from the ruck.
Defense back peddled on their line. Kicking game off. Smith missed easy conversions.

The no try to Adocar for issue in play the ball was rediculas. Dragons got the advantage from that. Play on and come back to it if no advantage.

Dragons taking the 2 points on offer everytime.

Latimore used a squirrel grip on Smith to help him up for a tackle and create a gap for a try!

Fair few errors in game that had a top billing.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Isn't it incredible how when your side is doing well, you have no bloody idea who's at the bottom. I figured the Dogs and Eels were but TBC had no idea the Cows were going shit.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Isn't it incredible how when your side is doing well, you have no bloody idea who's at the bottom. I figured the Dogs and Eels were but TBC had no idea the Cows were going shit.
Cowboys have been unbelievably bad. They got an almost immortal in JT, the best forward in Taumalolo and pretty much the same side thats been a force over the last couple of years so I don't know how they've fallen off.

Blair

Coach
In regard to the Cows, there's the theory JT is going OK, but just terribly let down by those around him. His forwards aren't doing the job expected, not just JT2 but players like Hess have been awful.

They may be creeping their way back up the ladder though, that was a tough win at Bathurst NSW v Panthers.

A couple of consecutive wins by any side in the bottom eight and the table changes pretty good for them. It's fascinating, especially when your team is safe at 2nd spot.

Manly went OK this weekend, but their spot on the ladder is bloody tenuous. They could be last next weekend!

We're talking MANLY here!

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Cows I can see coming right at some point but I don’t really see the top 8 changing too much from here. Brisbane ought to be in there but I don’t rate the rest of the teams below them.

sup42

Juniors
At first there was the novelty of being third after one NRL win. That was a bit of a lift for the long suffering but not taken seriously. As Shaun Johnson quipped in Perth " it feels like we won a Grand Final'

Round six, the fateful first quarter and the Warriors are in the top four. Crikey we might actually be goof, certainly our best start to a season ever.

Round nine three games away from approaching the midway point and the table is still looking dogey as anything, seven teams on fourth equal, a bunch of injuries to key players, a very tough line up of games on the trot...two losses and you could be out of the eight.

We usually get a soft ride through the SOO period, but this year the Denver Test will surely empty the Warriors side with as many as eight or Nine possibles for selections, could be even more if some of the Tongan and Samoan internationals decide to make themselves available (Bunty for example deserves a Kiwi Cap if he wants to be considered in the first instance, you could put Fus and even Kata in that basket too).

Interesting times, other sides like Melbourne and the Dragons, the Roosters, Btoncos will obviously be heavily hit by Rep footy.

A real bun fight is in the offing, this years comp has been the most interesting in terms of upset form, the impact of the enforcement of the rules, and the impact of the Salary cap which has seen a lot of new spine combinations as a result of the great migration of halfbacks.

The Cap is working, and in the case of sides that flaunt it, there seems to be a bit of psychic Karma coming down on a few of the usual suspects out of Sydney.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ugh, the Denver Test. I hope the likes of Luke, Blair, Johnson and co all get ruled out on niggles and Fus etc stick with Tonga. JFC what a who cares Test, sandwiched right in between our biggest regular travel (Perth apart) to Townsville then back home to play six days later at home to the Sharks, who will sniff tired legs that night.

Yet another year of devaluing the main product for a meaningless Test that no one gives a f**k about (this Test) or a state v state jack-off that is clearly placed above the main competition in importance.

JJ

Immortal
I suspect the Tonga choice is enduring for many - and ultimately good for league I think - they seemed top develop something special, and real at the World Cup