What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rookie Show

Saint69

Juniors
The show was filmed last year,one of the rookies,can't remember his name is playing for the Macquarie Scorpions in the Newcastle comp.

Weiry

Juniors
Chris Hyde is playing for Macquarie and is doing well
Matt Johnston (Cop) is playing for Dapto and is top try scorer in the competition
Lou Goodwin and Jordan Martin I think have played for Mounties in Ron Massey
Daniel Caprice (Eliminated a few weeks ago) is playing for Berkeley
Matt Gorman (eliminated last week) is playing for Corrimal

The Knights have brought a hooker Chris Adams up to NSW cup from Lakes United. A lot of people on social media have questioned why they wouldn't bring Chris Hyde up.

Maybe it's his age or maybe he has to wait until the NRL rookie is over?

#edit just found out Chris Adams is 29 so definitely not an age thing with Chris Hyde

Last edited:

Weiry

Juniors
I guess Chris Adams is probably a better choice anyway with NSW Cup experience (Might've even played first grade?)

He is one of the best in the Newcastle Comp and could still cut it in NSW Cup

natheel

Coach
Is he allowed too? Thought it was part of the shows criteria they couldn't be.
Although I suppose all the filming (apart from the final) is finished.

It'd be boring though if he ends up winning and gets a Parra contract.

My mate was on the crew that helped with lighting etc

He said they have the top 4 that hasn't been announced and will be a live finale.

I think you will find a lot of the guys that have been eliminated have already picked up their careers since elimination. From what I've seen Martin, Goodwin, Gillett all play in the higher competitions (Ron Massey/NSW cup) maybe they're there to keep up fitness? Or just eliminated.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
My mate was on the crew that helped with lighting etc

He said they have the top 4 that hasn't been announced and will be a live finale.

I think you will find a lot of the guys that have been eliminated have already picked up their careers since elimination. From what I've seen Martin, Goodwin, Gillett all play in the higher competitions (Ron Massey/NSW cup) maybe they're there to keep up fitness? Or just eliminated.

Those three imo are the best prospects, along with Hyde. Only a few weeks to go now, looking forward to see who the winner is

He was a shoo in, but then only two clubs actually wanting him was pretty weak. Not sure he's made the best decision either.

mattyg

Bench
Canberra. Pretty surprised that only 2 teams went after him in the draft. From watching most episodes of the show some of them showed plenty of talent so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of them running around in the NRL at some point

wittyfan

Referee
Biggest Raiders signing since Big Mal in 1986.

Co2TyqTUEAA14TR.jpg

kdalymc

Bench
How could he get most votes but only two teams want in? He had more 2's than young fellas 3's ??

The clubs had to vote. Doesn't mean they want him or any of the others.

Frankly, they probably feel the same as most people, that none of them are really up to NRL level.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
This guy will never see a second of first grade, and if he does, it will be to get curious people through the gates