What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Streak Record for legally assembled team. Well done.

Foz

Bench
didn't barry Russell get injured just before that 88 finals or during and some other blond haired dude came on ....didn't go to well.
The blonde dude?
Was that John O'Connor?He had the long blonde hair like Rick Bourke didn't he?
I did a Google search and Ron Quinn played some games at half for us in 1988 but it said John O'Connor played against Balmain in the final.Russell played busted against Balmain after missing games including the Canterbury semi which we lost.

carcharias

Immortal
The blonde dude?
Was that John O'Connor?He had the long blonde hair like Rick Bourke didn't he?
I did a Google search and Ron Quinn played some games at half for us in 1988 but it said John O'Connor played against Balmain in the final.Russell played busted against Balmain after missing games including the Canterbury semi which we lost.
Yeah John onconnor wasn't a bad player but no Barry Russell
Barry did his shoulder
We had no depth at all .
Tigers had that elderly Hanley bloke show up around then.

Card Shark

Immortal
Was that the year we came from behind to beat St George to get the minor premiership or was that 99.
Was that the year Brisbane and Newcastle joined?
Too long ago.
Just win the bloody thing.

That's '88 for all of that, we "comfortably" won the minor premiership in '99, if my memory serves me correctly.

40 points parra on 38. Both missed out. Again injuries ingame killed us. We had St George but lost rat, longy, & Stevo I think & the double club & salary cap dragons ran riot in the unlimited interchange rule era.

snoozer

Bench
i was at the 88 major against the tigers.

the enduring memory for me was the mascots.

tigers rolled out a stuffed tiger and we had a muffler(sponsored by berkely i believe) with a sharks coloured cape.

it was downhill from there.

peach grounded the ball on a guys foot
triester knocked on in the play the ball and we scored and they looked at it....
we blew a try early with a kick that a try would have sufficed.

shoulda been up 24 nil at least.

Frenzy.

Immortal
peach grounded the ball on a guys foot
triester knocked on in the play the ball and we scored and they looked at it....
we blew a try early with a kick that a try would have sufficed.

shoulda been up 24 nil at least.

My advice to you is stop reading Stake Removed/THE MESSIAH !!!/sydneysharkbrisbane68's posts

That reads like one of his/hers/its'.

bluefox1968

Juniors
My advice to you is stop reading Stake Removed/THE MESSIAH !!!/sydneysharkbrisbane68's posts

That reads like one of his/hers/its'.

is SR on hols or somethink? that eksplane the absins of posts, Hed on down to the espenage and aks sum lokels if theive seen hmi.

jc155776

Coach
f**k me people.

Stop talking about losses, sharks losing history, choking.

We are winners. f**k the negative past. This is now. You think Val Holmes, Bird and Barba give a f**k about a game in 1999?

Quigs

Immortal
angolo-arnold-happydays.gif