What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL takes no chances

The Sharks v bulldogs game has been scheduled as a 2.30pm fixture on May 21st, it has not even been given the channel 9 match, which will instead be the Roosters vs the winless souths, i do find it strange that we were not the 9 fixture, going free to air, instead we are now the other sunday match.

I was hoping for a friday night fixture, but the league wont have that, nothing better to beating the dogs on a friday night

imasharkie

Coach
And why the hell would channel nine want to put the toothless and coachless Sharks on their playlist.

ghoti

Bench
Could go either way crowd wise that game. I can't see a whole lot of families turning out to watch in fear of crowd violence. Let's just hope the spite in the Cronulla riots doesn't resurface at Toyota Park. I can already see the headlines.

Sharkie™

Juniors
is crowd segragation a possiblity for the dogs v sharks game??

telstra is big enough, i already anticipate a massive police presence, possibly the biggest ever seen at an NRL game...like ghoti said it could easly go either way, it could be all peaceful and a great night, or the darkest day in the history of RL.

Fuddy

Juniors
Happier to watch on Fox than 9 - anyone see the blatant one-sided commentary from self-proclaimed legend Gus and Sterlo at Parra last night - and even more one-sided for Newcastle last Sunday....embarrassing

ghoti

Bench
Spare a thought for those that don't have Foxtel/Austar. Any channel nine game is the best they have...poor buggers.

NikkiShark

Juniors
ghoti said:
Spare a thought for those that don't have Foxtel/Austar. Any channel nine game is the best they have...poor buggers.
that's why I end up going to my dad's place...
or the club down the road...;-)

mullet

Juniors
hmm are you saying that because of the riots last year we should be awarded with a free to air game?? Last time i checked the riots were not football related. Sure the football can be an avenue to fuel potential problems but its ridiculous you think we should be given a free to air game on that basis!

And for what reason should cronulla be granted a free to air game and a friday night match? Simply they are sh*t! I dont give a flying f**k if souths are winless and the roosters are sh*t as well but Its seem only logical for a traditional match up of the roosters and souths to be the free to air game!!