What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL to be on free-to-air TV in UK - 22 million home

Coparugby

Juniors
This appears to be a great development. Check out the video at the link. It shows both international and NRL rugby league.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Will it show the SuperLeague also because that is preferable? Also, hopefully by the time it goes to air we have fixed the stadium / crowd issues so that they aren't watching the best rugby comp in the world played in front of empty seats.

Last edited:

Coparugby

Juniors
Will it show the SuperLeague also because that is preferable. Also, hopefully by the time it goes to air we have fixed the stadium / crowd issues so that they aren't watching the best rugby comp in the world played in front of empty seats.
They better start building those stadiums quickly as it starts next week. I've lifted this pic from twitter.

Attachments

• IMG_1228.JPG
    IMG_1228.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 25

AJB1102

First Grade
Will it show the SuperLeague also because that is preferable. Also, hopefully by the time it goes to air we have fixed the stadium / crowd issues so that they aren't watching the best rugby comp in the world played in front of empty seats.

Mate its launching in 6 days. Couldn't fix this crowd problem in 6 years considering no one at the NRL gives a f**k about it.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Will still look better than some sl games ..

Some games have the whole eastern grandstand closed ..

Looks so awesome on TV

roughyed8

Juniors
Won't be showing super league, this Chanel is being launched by the people behind Premier sports the channel that has the NRL rights, super league rights are held by SKY who do have a "freeview" channel Sky Sports Mix that shows various sports including occasional RL games live and free to air.

DC_fan

Coach
It said free rugby league. Whilst it showed NRL and international football it didn't say they would be covering those games. I suppose people in the U.K. will have to wait and find out.

Coparugby

Juniors
It said free rugby league. Whilst it showed NRL and international football it didn't say they would be covering those games. I suppose people in the U.K. will have to wait and find out.
See the pic in my post above. NRL matches are already in their TV guide.

Pommy

Coach

Sky own the rights to all RFL games and don't seem inclined to let anyone else show any.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Will it show the SuperLeague also because that is preferable? Also, hopefully by the time it goes to air we have fixed the stadium / crowd issues so that they aren't watching the best rugby comp in the world played in front of empty seats.

I reckon the NRL rights for this market were dirt cheap. SL rights would have been a very different story with Sky unlikely to let them go...

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Looks like they have quite a few games too

Were the f**k have the NRL prelim finals been? Melbourne wasnt live and now today i can see no mention of the chooks game even on delay. I don't know of any other ways to watch this game except illegally which i am reluctant to do!

Meanwhile literally on the next channel up i can see richmond live on BT sport, not that i have the sports package anyway

GongPanther

Referee
4 divisions of English & other Football------------->Cricket,golf & other sports,--------------->Super League-------------------------------------->NRL.

If at all,the average person in the UK would be flat out in watching just one game.

Latest posts