What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLCEO NFL Maniacs Comp 2012

abpanther

Staff member
& it's strange you still cant add anyone I can now, did you message them?

Yep, I've written to them weekly, and basically the response is they've passed it on to the server providers and that's all they can do, they're paying so much for the service, they're pissed off about it too, bla bla bla

Tell ya I won't be playing next season if it doesn't get fixed soon, f**ken pathetic!!

legend

Coach
I'm a little underwhelmed by this competition in terms of functionality. It should be a top 25 squad and all players picked should have their points added to the overall weekly tally.

zombie jesus

Staff member
It's a problem with all NRL fantasy, nobody has got it right yet, it's very off putting for guys like us who are used to the NFL standard of FF.

abpanther

Staff member
My team is 1st at the moment!!

I definitely like the site better than NRLCEO, much easier to scout FAs, etc.

The whole bench scoring thing is silly though

Really happy to have Inglis and Farah in my team, Reynolds has also been awesome

How ya'll travelling?

Well. I've won through to week 3 largely does my opponents team all has the bye....
Which is unfortunate scheduling.

They'll get it all sorted next year I'm sure

This week the Orange Peanut scored 843 points against the bye. A cracking effort wasted lol.

Anyway week 3 matchups for a shot in the big one.

3. Orange Peanut
Vs
1. Maniac Marauders

4. OnaBloodBuzz
Vs
2. Stanford Gators

Top 4 all through. Tough match ups which I am about to preview in the next post.

keep in mind these are pre waiver selections

Prelim 1

4. OnaBloodbuzz
vs
Stanford Gators

The Buzz busted through the table topping Marauders in week one and earned the bye. The Gators were allergic to the Orange Peanut and a bunch of their players couldn't play. in week two they bounced back against the San Souci Saints.

OnaBlodbuzz start in the front row with the tattooed superstar Rooster Jake Friend, Manly starting hooker Matt Balin and the worst signing ever, Adam Blair.
(not the worst supercoach signing at 41.18 av, but the man is a bum)

Canberra meat axe Shaun Fensom is complimented splendidly by the Surgess. The biggest and best of all the Burgii. Sam Averages 73 a game and last week scored over 130. he is in red hot form.
Former fat shark Adam Cuthbertson and Jamie Buhrer round out a very solid back row quartet.

Onabloodbuz has 4 halfbacks.
One is playing well for the NSW cup Shark/Storm Storks. One has a gambling problem and wont be in the league next year.
One is Shaun Johnson who is great and one is Josh McCrone who i know for a fact cant get enough of those bubble tea drinks. seriously josh. wtf? be a man.

Wade Graham is the 5/8 Wade plays lock and is captain for the sharks when he isn't being awesome not answering government nerds drug questions in his trackies. Go Wade Go!

Matt Gillett is the star of the backline. Alex Glenn is a solid player but is out for a few weeks and will definitely be waived. Lewis Brown and Dean Whare are solid, but the panthers seme to be running out of gas.

Fullback is Michael Flash Gordon, who scored 2 trys at the weekend and is a solid 53.62 average. he has lost the kicking duties to Todd Carney. Cronulla have missed a combined 3 conversions all season. Peptides.

The Stanford Gators line up in the pigs with Luke Bailey and James Graham leading the way strongly. Matt Keating and Keif Galloway make up the Front Rowers.
As a group id rate the Gators ahead thanks to Graham but its very tight.

In the back row, They have the SC GOD Corey Parker. He is the best player in supercoach bar none. complimented by Mark Minichelloand young Bulldog Josh Jackson.
Over all, you would have to say the Buzz startingback row is slightly stronger across the board but having Parker is huge for the Gators. Cant split em given his inclusion.

Scotty Prince at halfback is a reasonable player but not as good as Shaun Johnson. Advantage Buzz.

At 5/8 John Sutton owns with a 72.00 and Bra boy Tattoos. He has been epic this season in fantasy as well as on the field. Clear advantage to the Gators here over the likes of McCrone or Wade Graham. Expect Wade's work to diminish should Luke Lewis or PG13 make a return this week.

Justin Hodges, Kane Linnett, Brent Tate..Ben Pommeroy. Kevin Naiqama.
Hodges aside this is a mediocre line up but probably a push match up wise thanks to Alex Glenns Injury.

Ben Pomeroy. Geez.

Fullback. Ewwww
The Gators have the broken Barba, The Broken Coote and the recently Unbroken Matt Bowen. The Buzz have flash Gordon and have the advantage here in this match up. Unlucky break for the Gators as Barba was hitting his straps.

Captaincy Play here is intriguing. The Buzz have the Surgess, Fensom and Gillett all as captaincy options.
The Gators will use Corey Parker.

My Tip. The Buzz by 60+ points. Barba's injury swings it. The Buzz just a little stronger across the park.

Prelim 2
3. Orange Peanut 12-6
vs
1. Maniac Marauders 13-5

Orange Peanut won through to week 3 over the Stanford Gators thanks to large numbers of Gators being ineligible thanks to the bye.
The Marauders lost their week one semi to OnaBloodbuzz but stormed back in week 2 against the Stunts.

Minor Premiers vs 3rd here for the shot in the big game.
The Marauders are led by Tigers rake Robbie Farah who is a supercoach keeper in lame regular leagues and gold in draft leagues. He's one of the elite players in the game.

Ben Hannant and Josh Maguire are also strong players of over 50 average which is solid in draft leagues. Mick Ennis is not usually a great supercoach play but is capable in a pinch.

Robbie Rochow, Ben Creagh, Elija Taylor and Dallas Johnson present a workmanlike if not spectacular back row. this would be a good backrow in real NRL. hard workers. Ricky Stuart would sign the lot for 76 million.

Adam Reynolds at halfback is capable of monster scores given that he has never ever ever missed a goal, plays for the comp leading Rabbitohs and is generally a boss. Av of 70.29 is huge. He's an epic difference in this match up.

Maurice Blair is a sneaky player at the storm who is a 5/8 in SC but a Centre/Winger on the field. gets great service from the big 3 and could be a great play this week against Canberra who are due a rubbish effort.

The Marauders are loaded with try scoring potential in the backline.
Jennings, Mcmanus, Merritt and Chambers are all strong supercoach players. Jennings is an elite CTW play given his base stats are strong without try's. Only Merritt averages under 50. David Nofaoluma is a great waiver pick up from the Tigers.
Merritt should slot into Fullback with the injured Greg Inglis still..injured.

Orange Peanut is led from the front by the ruthless rooster Jarred Waerea-Haargreaves,Timmy Mannah and Mitch Rein. All are solid players but there are no Robbie Farahs here so the advantage in the front row surely goes to the Marauders. Jarred has potential to go big or violently assault someone. who knows!

Back Row is led by Anthony Watmough, Josh Papali and Sam Thaiday. Bronson Harrison and Luke Douglas are benched here. The Peanut backrow oozes Supercoach class and has a clear advantage over the Marauders. Papali and Watmough could have big days this week as they sense blood in the water from their opposition.

In the halves, the super enigma Todd Carney and the Double Enigma Benji Marshall.
Neither player is as reliable as Reynolds at the halfback spot and so advantage Marauders here. Carney can go Supersaiyan or be a total bust. week to week its a f**king mystery with Todd.
Marshall has been poor most of the year and has usually been replaced by WIll Zilman in this line up. Zilman infact has been the most reliable half player for the OP, even though he's a fullback.

In the backline, Krisnan Inu is enigmatic and generally a strange bloke, Bryson Goodwin solid if not spectacular. Konrad Hurell and Jamie Lyon are class players in the Peanut line up. Lyon could be in line for the captaincy this week against the dismal Eels. but i don't trust any of em except Jamie Lannister Lyon.

Fullback is Billy Slater who when on is a supercoach legend. Actually he's pretty much just a legend in general.

This match up looks to go down to the wire with captaincy a likely key.

Lyon against Parramatta looks to be the likely captain for the Peanut whilst a toss up between Farah @ the Gold Coast or Reynolds in Far North Queensland a tougher decision.

My Tip - Marauders by 12 points

Fast Facts

Most Wins - Marauders/Gators 13-5 each
Points Scored - Orange Peanut 12642
Best +/- - Orange Peanut +1707
Best Defence - Stanford Gators. 9970 Conceded

1st round picks

Bulls - Cam Smith
San Souci Saints - Jonathan Thurston
The Stunts - Paul Gallen
MarTigers - Jarryd Hayne
Stanford Gartors - Corey Parker
Maniac Marauders - Greg Inglis
Orange Peanut - Billy Slater
OnABloodBuzz - Shaun Fensom
Sika's Savages - Cooper Cronk
Now and Zen - Jarrod Croker

such a dud site hey.

word is Supercoach are going to introduce multiple logons/teams under the same email like we all use on ESPN, Fleaflicker etc

this would be really good.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah I've been playing on NRLCEO for a while now but no longer, particularly since taking up SC

The site was bad 3 years ago and little has changed since then