What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's King relishes chance to play Wolves

Angela Habashy AAP Tue, Jan 17, 2012 - 10:26 AM

Former Australian Test centre Matt King will be feeling a sense of deja vu when South Sydney front up to his former club Warrington in a pre-season rugby league warm-up later this month.
King, who signed with the Rabbitohs in June for the 2012 and 2013 seasons, has just ended four years at the English Super League side and is relishing the opportunity to come up against his former club so soon.
"It's Christmas time all over again," King said ahead of a joint training session for the one-off January 28 match.
"To have two sets of great mates together training today, it's a very unique situation for myself but I'm loving every minute if it."
King, who played 91 first-grade games for the Melbourne Storm, scoring more than 100 tries in his nine-year career to date, says the Wolves will provide a stern test for the Rabbitohs only six weeks before the NRL seasons kicks off.
"Warrington will be a great test for us," he said.
"They're a great team with great experience amongst their players.
"Last year we failed to make the grand final by one match but I'm not afraid to say I thought we were the best team in the Super League last year by a country mile.
"So Warrington will give us a great test and it will be a really good yardstick for how we're travelling at the moment."

http://www.nrl.com/nrls-king-relishes-chance-to-play-wolves/tabid/10874/newsid/65664/default.aspx