What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's Top 10

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
He is a grub, no doubt.
This wasn't a list of my favorite 10 players in the NRL otherwise he wouldn't have been on it.

I just think he has been outstanding this year (if he could tone down the penalties, he'd be even better)

One, unsung forward I am a fan of, is Junior Paulo.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He is a grub, no doubt.
This wasn't a list of my favorite 10 players in the NRL otherwise he wouldn't have been on it.

I just think he has been outstanding this year (if he could tone down the penalties, he'd be even better)

One, unsung forward I am a fan of, is Junior Paulo.
I don't think we've seen the best of Paulo and I'm expecting him to have a big game this weekend.

JJ

Immortal
Depends on what you call a grub - James isn't a grub imo... hard, treads a fine line etc

Betham was worse, plenty really

vvvrulz

Coach
I hated Betham and would have happily preferred him elsewhere. Luke's been behaving thankfully

JJ

Immortal
I hated Betham and would have happily preferred him elsewhere. Luke's been behaving thankfully
I guess grub vs stupidity - but a few more
Ridge
Wiki
Luke
Gubb
Hurrell
Villisanti

Hohaia was sometimes a grubby little f**k, plenty of others - imo no better nor worse than anyone else - I'd love to have Ryan James in our squad

vvvrulz

Coach
I guess grub vs stupidity - but a few more
Ridge
Wiki
Luke
Gubb
Hurrell
Villisanti

Hohaia was sometimes a grubby little f**k, plenty of others - imo no better nor worse than anyone else - I'd love to have Ryan James in our squad

Ridge I don't remember well, but probably yeah. Always seem to be injured, suspended or yelling.
Wiki wasn't grubby when playing for us, a bit past it though.
Luke's been fine this year.
Gubb, as you say, is just an idiot. I wouldn't call him a dirty/grubby player.
Hurrell ditto.

Definitely will give you Villa though, seemed to have a rotten attitude.
Wasn't a fan of his even though he did good prop work.

He deserves a punch in the head

No Meth that would be you that deserves a good thump to the head. James has been so unappreciated the past few seasons he deserves more respect the way he plays. Did James sleep with your missus or turn down your advances? Are you sure you not getting confused with Greg Bird? Now that's a player who deserves a punch or two to the head, maybe throw a kick and elbow drop in the mix too.

Meth

Staff member
No Meth that would be you that deserves a good thump to the head. James has been so unappreciated the past few seasons he deserves more respect the way he plays. Did James sleep with your missus or turn down your advances?

whoa.

I think the real question is, are you Ryan James' missus? Or do you want to be?

whoa.

I think the real question is, are you Ryan James' missus? Or do you want to be?

Hahaha nah bro I'm all for variety but I don't swing that way. There sure are other real grubs out there in the NRL. Though it was just weird you choose him as one. I know he's a lil niggly but he's a fierce competitor but he's not dirty like some other examples we all know.

vvvrulz

Coach
Hahaha nah bro I'm all for variety but I don't swing that way. There sure are other real grubs out there in the NRL. Though it was just weird you choose him as one. I know he's a lil niggly but he's a fierce competitor but he's not dirty like some other examples we all know.

There's worse grubs no doubt and he's a terrific player, but I've seen quite a few dirty games from James including against us.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Every teams got a grub, even our team. The team huddle before the game is always "****** smash these ******" and then players are readily aggressive after that. I actually like grubs in my team, Ive played with two really good ones, both were hitmen. Both men were well built and psychologically primal on the field, its like they were animals. They never trash talked, just 'smash walk' if you get me.

ozbash

Referee
James has actually turned his game around of late and I think being made Titans captain helped.

Before that (particularly U20's) he was a wannabe mongrel... he enjoyed putting the shit in and watch the replay on the big screen..

Him and Ben Henry had some good battles..

Latest posts