What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 16s and 18s 2014

junior fan

Juniors
Early days I know but with round 4 this week thoughts and early predictions on those in the running for NSW 16s and 18s. Needless to say I haven't seen a number of teams. Thoughts and other teams welcome.

NSW 16s
1. Nic Cotric (Raiders)
3. Justice Utatao (wests)
4. Nicolas o meley (knights)
6. Hosea Leuea (Wests)
7. Lachlan Lam (Roosters)
10. Navaetangi Soni (Penrith)
11. Cameron Murray (Souths)
12. Jake Gillett-Gow (Penrith)
17. Will Kerr (dogs)

NSW 18s

1. Latrell Mitchell (roosters)
2. Bevan French (Parra)
3. Jayden Okunbor (dogs)
4. Robert Jennings (Penrith)
5. Jesse Ramien (Manly)
6. Bayley Sironen (Balmain)
8. Oliver Clark (Penrith)
12. Tyrell Fuimoano (Parra)
13. Nat Butcher (souths)

Last edited:

Tucantango

Juniors
Early days I know but with round 4 this week thoughts and early predictions on those in the running for NSW 16s and 18s. Needless to say I haven't seen a number of teams. Thoughts and other teams welcome.

NSW 16s
1. Nic Cotric (Raiders)
4. Nicolas o meley (knights)
6. Hosea Leuea (Wests)
7. Lachlan Lam (Roosters)
10. Navaetangi Soni (Penrith)
11. Cameron Murray (Souths)
12. Jake Gillett-Gow (Penrith)
17. Will Kerr (dogs)

NSW 18s

1. Latrell Mitchell (roosters)
2. Bevan French (Parra)
3. Jayden Okunbor (dogs)
4. Robert Jennings (Penrith)
5. Jesse Ramien (Manly)
6. Bayley Sironen (Balmain)
8. Oliver Clark (Penrith)
12. Tyrell Fuimoano (Parra)
13. Nat Butcher (souths)

JF,

You took the words right out my mouth. I was thinking the same thing this weekend, hopped on the LU only to find you one step ahead again ... lol!

Tucantango

Juniors
I like the look of JF's team in the 18's, however I would be slotting Sione Mata'utia into the centre spot and moving Okunbor to the back row! I would also be inclined to give Izaac Thompson and Matt Dufty of the Dragons spots in this team. Both are now playing in the NYC and had great trial seasons. Today Dufty scored four tries and Thompson two. Thompson was there two years ago (in the 16's) and has only enhanced his profile! Same with Dufty, he is a freak!

Jackson Hastings would surely have the HB role however I would not be surprised if he, Jennings or Mata'utia find themselves in a 20's jersey. All are still eleigie for SGB but playing NYC and doing well! Jennings played NSW Cup yesterday!

Last edited:

half_back

Juniors
Great minds. Was thinking about this also. Agree Tuc Hastings is a given. There are as always a few boys running around in NYC still eligible for Ball, not that I think it guarantees selection.
Tom Trobejvic is another who performed well in Manlys win on the weekend.

In matts Soni is injured although his front row partner Samson Kerr is a ready made replacement. Adam Campbell from Parra would do well at 9.

In the 18s no doubt Dufty and Thompson will be in mix as Tuc mentioned Okunbor can easily slot into the back row and not convinced Ramien, while a great player is better than the 2 dragon boys, mata'utia Jennings, Trbojevic etc. French I like and his try scoring exploits are evident although maybe better as a utility to cover halves and fullback. Mitchell is a freak and needs to be there.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Matautia will partner Jennings in the 18's centres. Hastings the halfback. Pangai and Fuimaono the second rowers.

Tucantango

Juniors
Matautia will partner Jennings in the 18's centres. Hastings the halfback. Pangai and Fuimaono the second rowers.

PANGAI!!!

I knew I had forgotten someone! Either way NSW will have a formidable team (on paper) which ever way it goes!

I say on paper because QLD had a formidable team (on paper) last year and were taken to the cleaners (and then some)!!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Oliver Clark will have one front row spot. The other 3 spots are up for grabs. Clark's team mates at Penrith, Epere, Hala and Tuigamala all have the potential to take 1 or more of the spots.

MOH

Juniors
I've watched the Knights Matt's side all season and they have a few great chances of making the 16's side, 1. Matt Cooper, 3. Heath Gibbs, 7. Brendan O'Hagan, 13. Kurtis Dark, 9. Tom Starling and 10. Brodie Jones.

junior fan

Juniors
I've watched the Knights Matt's side all season and they have a few great chances of making the 16's side, 1. Matt Cooper, 3. Heath Gibbs, 7. Brendan O'Hagan, 13. Kurtis Dark, 9. Tom Starling and 10. Brodie Jones.

There would have to be a number of good chances considering they are leading the comp. I haven't seen them although 6 chosen in the possible probable game would probably be fair. Mind you if they win the comp all possible players will bypass that for Australian championship game.

Tucantango

Juniors
There would have to be a number of good chances considering they are leading the comp. I haven't seen them although 6 chosen in the possible probable game would probably be fair. Mind you if they win the comp all possible players will bypass that for Australian championship game.

If past years are any indication you would have to think that the Knights, if they take it out, would at least get a minimum of 4 in the team.

Baby blues

Juniors
1. Nic cotric (raiders)
2. Matt cooper (knights)
4. Amaziah slavin (bulldogs)/ heath gibbs (knights)
5. John hopoate (manly)
6. Lachlan lam (roosters)
7. Will kerr (bulldogs)
8. Henry-siriah fuimaono (souths)
9. Treymaine brown (st george)
10. Brodie jones (knights)
11. Cameron murray (souths)
12. Jake gillet-gow (panthers)
13. Lachlan attwood (balmain)
14. Samson kerr (panthers)
15. Matthew lyons (raiders)
16. Brendan o'hagan (knights)/ tom starling (knights)
17. david naufahu (st george)/ john kafusi (panthers)
This is what i think the team will look like give or take due to injuries.
Ps. I have watched every team in the matties competition

Last edited:

KAB

Juniors
1. Nic cotric (raiders)
2. Matt cooper (knights)
4. Amaziah slavin (bulldogs)/ heath gibbs (knights)
5. John hopoate (manly)
6. Lachlan lam (roosters)
7. Will kerr (bulldogs)
8. Henry-siriah fuimaono (souths)
9. Treymaine brown (st george)
10. Brodie jones (knights)
11. Cameron murray (souths)
12. Jake gillet-gow (panthers)
13. Lachlan attwood (balmain)
14. Samson kerr (panthers)
15. Matthew lyons (raiders)
16. Brendan o'hagan (knights)/ tom starling (knights)
17. david naufahu (st george)/ john kafusi (panthers)
This is what i think the team will look like give or take due to injuries.
Ps. I have watched every team in the matties competition
Ps no you don't, you have just picked guys that you know. O'hagan and Starling are probably going better than will Kerr and brown. Please if you looked at the table their are the Bears and steelers, WSAS, swas, centurions in the comp too, good try but I think the make up of the team will be very different to yours. Yes this your opinion.

Baby blues

Juniors
Ps no you don't, you have just picked guys that you know. O'hagan and Starling are probably going better than will Kerr and brown. Please if you looked at the table their are the Bears and steelers, WSAS, swas, centurions in the comp too, good try but I think the make up of the team will be very different to yours. Yes this your opinion.

Agree with your feedback you could probably interchange brown and starling but i think kerr will get over the top of O'Hagan due to his previous schoolboy history and the fact that he attended the emerging blues camp at the start of the year and also could you please give me the names of a few players who you think could crack the side from some of the lower placed sides??

junior fan

Juniors
Traditionally teams that finish in the bottom few struggle to get anyone in. They may jag a player in the possible probable game although their is obviously a reason they are near the bottom of the table that is it just isn't a strong year. The 16s halves battle will be a good one at P v P game think it will be Kerr v o Hagan v Flanagan and Lam v Leuea. Fullback is a given with Cotric from the raiders a shoe in. Looking at finishing positions the tigers would be a shout to get at least another in having finished 2nd with results against the dogs and roosters. It could be there fullback on a wing. Centres and wings are quite open Hoppa a good chance Utatao in the mix although late season form not as good as early season. Slavin Cooper Omeley amongst others. Back row should see Murray a definite and Attwood a good chance in a good tigers team. Gow another who was strong early although faded later in season. Front row will be interesting. Penrith were outstanding early before injury struck their front row. Cartwright, Soni, Kerr made a big fearsome rotation. Cartwright still out with Soni back this week and Kerr still there both will be in consideration. That could eliminate Kaufusi from mix although he has versatility for the bench Fuimoano is I there as I imagine is are Jones, Ramien and even Francis although dogs uninspiring season could count against he and Giordain. The hooking spot will be a tough one. Some great rakes around. Brown, Starling, brailey, Campbell and Maroun. Bench will see a utility who can play halves plus somewhere else then the big boppers to play QLD with one able to fill the back row if needed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't know about under 16s but Parra's minor premiership SG Ball side has a few good players. Tyrell Fuimaono is a certainty to make any under 18s rep team. Bevan French and Tui Oloapu are possibles, though French might still be a bit small. Plus he's always injured.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I don't think you will get any argument from anyone that Fuimaono will partner Tevita Pangai in the back row.