What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2nd 11 v SA 2nd 11

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Match started about half hour ago and SA are 2/18.

I noticed that 17 year old quick from Penrith Pat Cummins is making his debut. I have seen him bowl at Penrith a few times and he is lightning quick.

He has knocked Cam Borgas' off stump out of the ground already. Not a bad first wicket.

aussies1st

Staff member
Nice so Cummings could be the next Brett Lee/Shaun Tait in terms of express bowling?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
He is pretty young still so hard to say. He will be a lot taller than those 2 but.

Here is an article about young Pat from earlier this year.

00028930-image.jpg

Basil Sellers, Patrick Cummins and Steve Waugh

Name: Patrick Cummins
Youth Squads: NSW U17,NSW U/19, Australian U/18 Talent squad
Club: Penrith CC

Playing Profile: Patrick is big strong fast bowler who posses the great weapon of speed. At 17 is rated very highly by Cricket NSW and Cricket Australia. He was a member of the NSW U/17 squad that competed in the Australian U17 Championship in Adelaide in January 2010.

He was also a member of the Australian U/18 talent squad that attended a weeklong camp in January 2010 at the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane. Pat is aiming to make an impact in Sydney first grade cricket this year along with making the NSW U/19s squad.
http://www.cricketnsw.com/default.aspx?s=patrick-cumminshttp://cricketnsw.com/basil-sellers-current-scholars-display//21585

Gidley Up

Juniors
A mate from Sydney was telling me just last week he had faced him whilst a bit hungover. Said he was lightning.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
A mate from Sydney was telling me just last week he had faced him whilst a bit hungover. Said he was lightning.

Well i haven't seen him this season as yet. Saw him a couple of times last year at 16 years of age and he was one of the quickest 16 year old's i have seen.

He is tall with strong shoulders which helps.

Can bat a little bit too.

IanG

Coach
Speaking of Cooper even though he's playing 2nd XI cricket he'll probably still be in the World Cup Squad

Red Bear

Referee
do you know what rep team that would've been tho? He's the same age as me, trying to work out if I played against him

Latest posts