What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

BOMAR

Juniors
some very good forwards from that age group over the years have been samson sene, Pj asiata, tum silapa, aj ahua, the first three were all in the hm team.

BOMAR

Juniors
Another forward from that hm team was kilifi tia kilifi. I still cant understand how that team who was only beaten in extra time in the grand final was chopped and changed so dramatically in sg ball. Only about 10 from the original 25 were picked for sgball. Have to say that was back in the peter mullholland days. Now they keep buying players that are no better if not worse than what we already had. Another good forward who was having a good year this year was Ivan Taavale.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I know panthers have a connection with Waikato region in New Zealand.
And have some sort of scout there.

Berryman who played some NYC is from there.
But apparently panthers had a development team in NZ and a few kiwi boys were trying to impress for SG Ball and NYC.

A kid from Papatoetoe club in South Auckland trialled.
Bruce Ligaliga - he has massive potential - he has mateo / lautiti like skills - offloads can kick goals , but most importantly he can run hard when he wants to aswell.

He played Senior footy this year but would still have two years in NYC.
Definately a name to keep eye out for.

He carved for Papatoetoe & made auckland 18s.

stretcher

Juniors
some very good forwards from that age group over the years have been samson sene, Pj asiata, tum silapa, aj ahua, the first three were all in the hm team.
Tum moved out of the area aj ahua gave the game away and come back this year to small pj asiata gone to parra two or three years ago and samson wont stop eating as big as a house and poor laterally as for
Ivan Tavaale hardly turned up for SGBall training two years ago ....

MountainMan

Juniors
So i just had a look at the 2011 20s squad....
I noticed the name Chris Durant in the squad
who what where when and HOW
Very good to see the name william beale,but geez we give this kid alot of chances

BOMAR

Juniors
So i just had a look at the 2011 20s squad....
I noticed the name Chris Durant in the squad
who what where when and HOW
Very good to see the name william beale,but geez we give this kid alot of chances
Chris durant was another one of the original harold matthews forwards not selected for sg ball.

BOMAR

Juniors
Tum moved out of the area aj ahua gave the game away and come back this year to small pj asiata gone to parra two or three years ago and samson wont stop eating as big as a house and poor laterally as for
Ivan Tavaale hardly turned up for SGBall training two years ago ....

Tum moved out of the area as he wasnt wanted by penrith, pj left penrith as he felt he wasnt wanted by penrith, samson is apparantely at bulldogs. This age group was really let down by penrith a few years ago and it has now come back to bite them.

BOMAR

Juniors
Sorry but the answer to that question, could only be from someone with a crystal ball. Every one keeps saying that 1 or 2 maybe from each age group will ever make grade, we may as well tell all the kids that are not on the big contracts and having everything put into them to make it, to go play something else. These kids give up alot of their childhood to try to reach a dream, with most walking away with nothing.

MountainMan

Juniors
There is barely any 20 year olds in the squad,what happend to Tori Willi,Kyle Fraser,Samson Sene,Ali Beale? there not included in the list.... Peter Mullholand oh those were the days

greenfins

Juniors
There is barely any 20 year olds in the squad,what happend to Tori Willi,Kyle Fraser,Samson Sene,Ali Beale? there not included in the list.... Peter Mullholand oh those were the days

I was told that Kyle Fraser had his contract torn up 3 weeks ago, very different U20's management this year. The squad started early for pre-season, much more intense training than last year. Penrith have put a few more dollars into providing the boys with the best gear, monitors, supplements etc etc.

They have stepped a few notches, the club is providing more, and demanding better results in return. Only a very young squad, will not have experience like some of the other clubs, but will set them up for the future.

MountainMan

Juniors
I was told that Kyle Fraser had his contract torn up 3 weeks ago, very different U20's management this year. The squad started early for pre-season, much more intense training than last year. Penrith have put a few more dollars into providing the boys with the best gear, monitors, supplements etc etc.

They have stepped a few notches, the club is providing more, and demanding better results in return. Only a very young squad, will not have experience like some of the other clubs, but will set them up for the future.
Really? was it for behavior issues?

franklin2323

Immortal
One of the 20's boys told me they were informed by the coach that he had the wrong attitude ??

I think there must have been some sort indiscretion to warrant this so early in the pre-season.

At times last year they looked like they didn't care. When they were hammered by the Warriors over there. They were laughing and mucking around just after they got 70 put on them.

Good to see Melville put a stop to that

MountainMan

Juniors
At times last year they looked like they didn't care. When they were hammered by the Warriors over there. They were laughing and mucking around just after they got 70 put on them.

Mucking around?..mate the whole penrith 20s set up is a joke,no wonder they were acting like that.
Some one please help me understand this,John Faiumu picked in the squad..I havnt seen the kid play,so i wont comment on his ability,but i understand he cant train certain days during the week and cant play on saturdays,for religious reasons,which is fine,but wouldnt it be better to put a player that can play and train all days? not a part time player?
Also noticed he hasn't played any junior reps or schoolboy reps but is a local junior..how does he warrant a spot?

greenfins

Juniors
Mucking around?..mate the whole penrith 20s set up is a joke,no wonder they were acting like that.
Some one please help me understand this,John Faiumu picked in the squad..I havnt seen the kid play,so i wont comment on his ability,but i understand he cant train certain days during the week and cant play on saturdays,for religious reasons,which is fine,but wouldnt it be better to put a player that can play and train all days? not a part time player?
Also noticed he hasn't played any junior reps or schoolboy reps but is a local junior..how does he warrant a spot?

I am surprised to hear this, will ask if true. Give him a break if you don't know anything about him, all I can say is he must be good, because they are not allowing very much in the way of excuses this year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Certain parts of the setup is a joke but the backslapping & who whoing after a flogging annoyed me. As for Faiumu. NYC only trains a few times a week maybe the days for training were fine for him. On the field he goes alright. He may not of been good enough for junior reps. Maybe he was a late bloomer or given we lose a huge number of juniors yearly maybe the players infront of him moved on leaving a spot open

murraymob

Coach

i agree the attitude had to change .Melville will weed them out .Great to see