What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

BOMAR

Juniors
Certain parts of the setup is a joke but the backslapping & who whoing after a flogging annoyed me. As for Faiumu. NYC only trains a few times a week maybe the days for training were fine for him. On the field he goes alright. He may not of been good enough for junior reps. Maybe he was a late bloomer or given we lose a huge number of juniors yearly maybe the players infront of him moved on leaving a spot open
He was good enough for junior reps. After recieving the penrith under 17's penrith player of the year, he was selected for last years sg ball. He couldnt play because his religion doesnt allow him to play on saturdays. So they put him in 20's instead. There was a game last year on a saturday evening in melbourne when they wouldnt know until kickoff if he could play or not, it would depend on whether the sun had gone down or not by kickoff. For this reason they had to send and 18th man down just in case.

franklin2323

Immortal
While being a pain. Someone deeply religous should stay out of trouble. With abit of luck he can find away to worship & still play I think Inu, Folau & a few others had the same needs & the church elder blessed them or something to allow them to play. Either way these type of characters around the club is needed.

stretcher

Juniors
Certain parts of the setup is a joke but the backslapping & who whoing after a flogging annoyed me. As for Faiumu. NYC only trains a few times a week maybe the days for training were fine for him. On the field he goes alright. He may not of been good enough for junior reps. Maybe he was a late bloomer or given we lose a huge number of juniors yearly maybe the players infront of him moved on leaving a spot open
For starters the 20s are training five days a week currently and that includes saturdays and johns religion does allow special requests like Inu,and falau but johns father wont allow it so i dont think they should bother with him because no other club will benefit either he will be lost to his fathers beliefs which to me is fine....but someone else is missing out..

MountainMan

Juniors
I dont know why use are all sayn Inu and Folau were the same,when clearly they were not.....
Inu and Folau are Mormon,John is 7day Adventist.
Which are two completely different religions and btw Mormons can play rugby league,mormons dont have any restrictions on any days.
The kid must have talent for them to put him in the squad with that situation,BUT my point was,its toyota cup level,1 level below 1st grade,semi professional,if he hasnt made the choice now,at this stage in his career,then why not have a kid with the same potential who has no restrictions,giving it his all,training all week,playing all games?
Good point? or Not?