What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW forwards dominance

Lebbo73

Bench
deadset how good are these kids going to be for years to come?

woodsy 24
tamou 26
klemmer 21
fafita 25
merrin 25

klemmer's potential is unlimited, his coming of age is what is making the others go to the next level.

qld on the other hand, maguire is an origin midget the next danny nutley just not good enough, lillyman was a pillow. honestly what have they got?

What did you think of Lillyman's performance in Origin 3 hey CJ? ;-)

lowrie_4_origin

Juniors
Interesting to see Toddy Lowrie is back at the knights were it all started. I expect him to release his potential now that his back home. Most likely off the bench, at hes best hes exactly what NSW have lacked in the forwards. His a utility who will actually bring value to the team even if no one is hurt. If everything is going to plan he can come on and make 40 tackles. His a work horse with a big motor and can slot in to second row, lock, front row and 5/8.

Interesting to see Toddy Lowrie is back at the knights were it all started. I expect him to release his potential now that his back home. Most likely off the bench, at hes best hes exactly what NSW have lacked in the forwards. His a utility who will actually bring value to the team even if no one is hurt. If everything is going to plan he can come on and make 40 tackles. His a work horse with a big motor and can slot in to second row, lock, front row and 5/8.

:lol::lol::lol:

davi

Juniors
No question NSW has the depth over Queensland in the forwards with the exception of the hooker position. Wade Graham is one of the most talented secound row players in the game, but it's becoming increasing likely he won't even make the starting run on side.

As for the depth in the halves for NSW well that's another matter..........

"Cronulla backrower Wade Graham has been keeping a close watch on his Sydney Roosters counterpart and NSW backrow rival Boyd Cordner. He’s pretty certain Cordner has been keeping an eye on him as well.

“Boyd is playing well — he’s a really close mate of mine,” Graham said.

“I keep an eye on him and I am sure he keeps an eye on me. The better each of us play, the harder we push each other to play better.

“I think that’s only a good thing.”

Cordner is expected to be named NSW captain when coach Laurie Daley unveils his side for the opening game of the State of Origin series in a few weeks.

That alone should lock him up a spot in a congested Blues backrow, where Daley has a wealth of options. Graham and Cordner aside, Josh Jackson, Trent Merrin and Tyson Frizell are expected to be in the mix.

At least one will be forced to the bench and Graham shapes as the man most likely despite an outstanding start to the season, which culminated in a dominant defensive display against Penrith last weekend.

“Obviously they probably have a few ideas of combinations and how they can work it but it is still a fair way off,” Graham said.

“I feel like we (push) each other and I hope as long as we both stay healthy, there’s no reason why we can’t keep pushing each other to play better.

“If that’s the case and I was to miss out but I pushed Boydy to play the best footy of his career, I’m happy for him to be playing. It means he will be playing good footy and that’s good for NSW.”

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan has advocated Graham playing in the middle rather than an edge if Cordner holds sway.

“The only reason I play on the left here at Cronulla is because when I was a half, I played on the left because of my left foot,” Graham said.

“So it was just a transition to that. I sort of made that area my own. I’m confident with whatever job I get to go out and do that on the footy field, whether it is on the left edge, right edge, in the middle or off the bench.

“Whatever the coach needs to me to do I will put my hand up and have a crack at it.

“I don’t feel like I am pigeonholed. That’s my job at Cronulla to play on the left and hold that left edge.

“If I have to play somewhere else, I will play elsewhere.”

Graham made his Origin debut in the final game of last year’s series, NSW’s best display in yet another losing effort. He should and would have played earlier but for a suspension for a hit on North Queensland and Maroons superstar Johnathan Thurston which cost him a place in Origin II.

Intriguingly, the Sharks meet the Cowboys prior to the Blues squad being selected for Origin I. Thurston will again be on Graham’s radar, just as Panthers pair Te Maire Martin and Nathan Cleary were last weekend.

Provided he gets through that game without any repercussions, Daley will have a choice to make. Graham will be comfortable no matter what the outcome.

“We don’t really talk about footy,” Graham said of Cordner."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...n/news-story/a163ef76c0ed69e1455aac114dbbbd10

isaiah

Bench
What a shame they cannot play all 8 backrowers on the field at the same time. 13 qlders v 18 southerners sounds like an even battle. Bit like when Eleven poms used to play 18 Victorians in cricket in the 1860's.

King hit

Coach
It's great posting with Queenslanders because you know you will get terrific banjo players and hillbillies.

Plus You get Origin winners thrown in for free. What's not to love about it.

I love posting with NSWmen because they raise the bar for Origin losses. No-one knows how to lose Origin like the Blues.

Queensland build statues outside of Suncorp to their heroes. The Blues should install statues of their recent Origin heroes, in the toilets of ANZ. Shit belongs where shit ends up.

Given Woods and Fifita falling asleep in defense inside their own 10 meter line, perhaps this thread should be renamed:

NSW forwards somnolence.

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
yep of course, we had matto and pritchard there as well

NSW Under-20s: Clinton Gutherson (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Jake Mamo (Newcastle Knights), Euan Aitken (St George-Illawarra Dragons), Sione Mata'utia (Newcastle Knights), Tyrone Phillips (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Drew Hutchison (St George-Illawarra Dragons), Mitchell Moses (Wests Tigers), Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Kaysa Pritchard (Parramatta Eels), Matt Lodge (Melbourne Storm), Adam Elliott (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Jakiel Mariner (Sydney Roosters), Jack Bird (St George-Illawarra Dragons), Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels), Rhys Kennedy (Melbourne Storm), Pauli Pauli (Parramatta Eels), Dean Britt (Melbourne Storm).

Coach: Dean Pay.

Queensland Under 20s:

1. Valentine HOLMES (Cronulla Sharks)
2. Nene MACDONALD (Sydney Roosters)
3. Brenko LEE (Canberra Raiders)
4. Brendan ELLIOT (Sydney Roosters)
5. John FOLAU (Parramatta Eels)
6. Anthony MILFORD (Canberra Raiders)
7. Jaelen FEENEY (Newcastle Knights)
8. Lloyd PERRETT (Canterbury Bulldogs)
9. Kierran MOSELEY (Penrith Panthers)
10. Christian WELCH (Melbourne Storm)
11. Corey OATES (Brisbane Broncos)
12. Patrick MAGO (Canberra Raiders)
13. Luke BATEMAN (Canberra Raiders)
14. Cameron MUNSTER (Melbourne Storm)
15. Francis MOLO (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Brett GREINKE (Brisbane Broncos)
17. Joe OFAHENGAUE (Brisbane Broncos)
18. Jayden NIKORIMA (Brisbane Broncos)

Coach: Kevin Walters
Four qlders from this now have made good origin debuts. Only 2 for nsw.

isaiah

Bench
Macquarie sports radio has a sports desk guy called billy who believes that over the last twelve series that nsw had equal or better forwards but were always beaten by the qld backs. Goose

Latest posts