What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW going forward

There definitely needs to be a change, I would start by f**king off Daley, Sterlo and Pearce. Tell Fitler and Johns to stay the f**k away from the team and tell Gould to f**k off as well. Let's not forget that he was one of the douchebags who was pushing for Mitch to be in the team.

big hit!

Bench
There definitely needs to be a change, I would start by f**king off Daley, Sterlo and Pearce. Tell Fitler and Johns to stay the f**k away from the team and tell Gould to f**k off as well. Let's not forget that he was one of the douchebags who was pushing for Mitch to be in the team.

so no more greats associated with the team?

here we go... more pearce bash....issues are greater than just pearce

Nightward

Juniors
so no more greats associated with the team?

here we go... more pearce bash....issues are greater than just pearce

There are others, but Pearce is basically emblematic of all of them.

He's consistently failed to deliver despite being given more chances than anyone else in Origin history to impress after both off-field and on-field stuff-ups. He's there solely because of his NRL team and form when provably neither carry over to Origin. He's also one of the first players selected because of media pressure (surely this is his year/look how well the Chooks are going in the NRL) and because Laurie Daley and the other selectors apparently have rocks in their heads or can't remember much past about six months ago.

And every time, he stuffs it up. But instead of blooding a new player and looking towards the future or bringing in an older, more experienced one to hold down the fort, they keep going back to him.

He epitomises the way NSW are bereft of ideas at the selection table and on the field.

Life's Good

Coach
I agree with some of that, but the thing is people will
I agree with some of that, but the thing is people will always make mistakes, it's about what you after those mistakes. I think in this context its worth remembering we made our own captain and another important player play reserve grade for breaking the team rules in a minor way, we did the same thing with Peachey last year so we do take it seriously under Gus and Hook, it's something I've been proud the club for doing in a lean year especially after hearing about what Roberts has been getting away with in Brisbane etc

No one really knows what happened with TMM, I think something did but yeah it's all guessing and the Carty situation flat out did not warrant a club sanction and IMO in no way, shape or form does it reflect on the team culture.

All that being said I'm not a fan of Goulds comments and think he should not of blasted them like that, he could've expressed that opinion in many other more helpful ways without being so dramatic.
Glad you didn't take it as a shot at Penrith because it was simply aimed at the hypocrisy that can come out of these things when they get twisted or spun.
As you mentioned in your last point the best way for Gould to assist is to offer his services on the quiet that way it doesn't feed a negative media and is less about headlines and more about trying to get some winning happening which NSW desparately needs.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Never play for NSW again

Jarryd Hayne,Blake Ferguson,Aaron Woods,Josh Dugan,Mitchell Pearce,Josh Jackson,Wade Graham

On thin ice

Boyd Cordner,Andrew Fifita,Nathan Peats

Deserves another crack

James Tedesco,Tyson Frizell,David Klemmer,Jack Bird,Jack Trboyevic,James Maloney

Willie Ray

Bench
Never play for NSW again

Jarryd Hayne,Blake Ferguson,Aaron Woods,Josh Dugan,Mitchell Pearce,Josh Jackson,Wade Graham

On thin ice

Deserves another crack

James Tedesco,Tyson Frizell,David Klemmer,Jack Bird,Jack Trboyevic,James Maloney
That's pretty much spot on I think,nsw can't keep rewarding failure,I heard A Woods the other day talking about next year,he actually believes he should be there again.players have to under stand it's not a god given right to wear the blue,it's a huge privilege,QLD regard wearing the maroon as their biggest honour.
If what you're doing isn't working,change it or you'll get the same result.

OldPanther

Coach
Never play for NSW again

On thin ice

Deserves another crack

I agree excluding Graham and Cordner. Graham is one of the best second rowers in the game when he settles down and plays disciplined and Cordner should have not played injured but is usually very good.

TheFrog

Coach
Ole Gus was absolutely dry humping the blues after game one...all the players are at the peak of their careers...the tide has turned...even the word dynasty was used.Now he wouldn't let any of his players near the blues camp,that's a gold medal winning gold medal winning backflip.
Good on ya Gus
Obviously the maggots came in after game 1.

Pedge1971

First Grade
We should just go the other way and pick merkins and pissheads. We wouldn't win but the bonding session would be legendary. Guessing arrests and fights within the team and they would at least bash Qld off the park. My selection:

1. Jed Bogan
2. Fergo
3. Leilua
4. Jimmy Jet Fuel
5. Myth Piss
6. Grub Reynolds
7. Todd Carney (c)
8. Matt Lodge
9. Wobbie White Ant Farah
10. Curtis Sironen
11. Paul Carter
12. Bryce Cartwright
13. Grog Bird

Coach: Mary McGregor
Assistant: Joey Johns
Media Manager: Buzz Rothfield

What could possibly go wrong?

big hit!

Bench
There are others, but Pearce is basically emblematic of all of them.

He's consistently failed to deliver despite being given more chances than anyone else in Origin history to impress after both off-field and on-field stuff-ups. He's there solely because of his NRL team and form when provably neither carry over to Origin. He's also one of the first players selected because of media pressure (surely this is his year/look how well the Chooks are going in the NRL) and because Laurie Daley and the other selectors apparently have rocks in their heads or can't remember much past about six months ago.

And every time, he stuffs it up. But instead of blooding a new player and looking towards the future or bringing in an older, more experienced one to hold down the fort, they keep going back to him.

He epitomises the way NSW are bereft of ideas at the selection table and on the field.

we know all that hence my post. no need to rehash. why the constant focus on pearce when the same thing is said over again bemuses me.

look at the backline - guys who've all been there before and lost multiple (ex tedesco) series.

same with the forwards. woods is getting a free pass here when as the supposed 'enforcer' of the pack, he should be maligned even more than pearce for his efforts.

at least pearce has a go. makes the wrong decision and executes poorly, but has a go. he did most of his work under QLD pressure in game 3. NSW forwards barely touched cronk in the same position. these multiple losers were happy just to collect their match fee.

OldPanther

Coach
we know all that hence my post. no need to rehash. why the constant focus on pearce when the same thing is said over again bemuses me.

look at the backline - guys who've all been there before and lost multiple (ex tedesco) series.

same with the forwards. woods is getting a free pass here when as the supposed 'enforcer' of the pack, he should be maligned even more than pearce for his efforts.

at least pearce has a go. makes the wrong decision and executes poorly, but has a go. he did most of his work under QLD pressure in game 3. NSW forwards barely touched cronk in the same position. these multiple losers were happy just to collect their match fee.

He pisses me off. I make a post saying he's not complete garbage and he gets worse to spite me.

Life's Good

Coach
We should just go the other way and pick merkins and pissheads. We wouldn't win but the bonding session would be legendary. Guessing arrests and fights within the team and they would at least bash Qld off the park. My selection:

1. Jed Bogan
2. Fergo
3. Leilua
4. Jimmy Jet Fuel
5. Myth Piss
6. Grub Reynolds
7. Todd Carney (c)
8. Matt Lodge
9. Wobbie White Ant Farah
10. Curtis Sironen
11. Paul Carter
12. Bryce Cartwright
13. Grog Bird

Coach: Mary McGregor
Assistant: Joey Johns
Media Manager: Buzz Rothfield

What could possibly go wrong?

Needs more Damian Keogh.

Willie Ray

Bench
Where's Laurie,he was on 360 the night after game 3 but since then there have been more sightings of Elvis than one L.Daley....c'mon Loz what you doing?

Knightmare

Coach
Laurie was one of NSW greatest ever players. He shouldn't let his legacy as a player be tainted by his underwhelming showings as a coach. He should take inspiration from Wally and wake up to the fact that the best thing he can do is step aside and hand the reigns over to somebody else.

Say what you like about his results with the Raiders, but even Sticky had less-able NSW teams looking more competitive every time he coached them. Biggest blow-out I remember him being in charge of was the 2011 $$$Decider$$$, when NSW were down 24-0 at half-time. Even so, they scored 24 points of their own in the second half to Qld's 10.

Could you imagine a Laurie Daley team playing out the second half with a deficit like that?

Willie Ray

Bench
No doubt Laurie was one of the blues all time great players and is widely regarded as one of the nicest fellas in the game....could being too nice be his downfall?
Some of the blues let him down hugely in game 3 and should never be chosen again but I fear if he is the coach he will go with the same team....could be he's too matey with them.