What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW going forward

Jason Maher

Immortal
Mitchell Pearce the match winner again. Maybe it was being at the Roosters that held him back all these years.

TheFrog

Coach
Looks like Cleary will be the 7. Obviously needs to keep playing well.
The Pearce camp have been quietly promoting him (Jason Maher's post above is a pisstake obviously). Especially Fox and especially Matty Johns. Not surprising of course but don't be so sure he won't retain his spot. After all, look who the coach is. It;s down to Pearce and Cleary now.

The Friz

Juniors
It's good to see a lot of Blues contenders in good early season form after 2 rounds.
Tedesco, Trbojevic bros, Vaughan, Friz, De Belin, McClean, RCG, Cleary, Pangai, Shannon Boyd, Korisau, Blake, Addo, just to name a few.

OldPanther

Coach
The Pearce camp have been quietly promoting him (Jason Maher's post above is a pisstake obviously). Especially Fox and especially Matty Johns. Not surprising of course but don't be so sure he won't retain his spot. After all, look who the coach is. It;s down to Pearce and Cleary now.

Oh no. They can't be serious. His time is over. Leave him as the quality clubman he is.

TheFrog

Coach
Yeah that's why Moses finished 4th on the ladder last year and Clearly finished 7th,Moses was way better
Both were eliminated in the same week, so hardly a strong argument. At the moment Luke Brooks is looking far more likely than Moses. But of course poor starts to the season are customary for Moses.

TheFrog

Coach
They will want an experienced guy in there with Cleary so it's either Pearce or Maloney.
Yes it may well be 6 Pearce 7 Cleary. Even though they are kinda similar style of players.

Maloney wouldn't be the first NSW incumbent to lose his place as punishment for joining the Panthers.

Meanwhile I note Qld are expected to retain GI, who has done bugger all so far this year. NSW have always been like a woman who has to choose between 10 gowns to wear to the ball, while Qld have just one, but its a good one, even if its not so good for menial stuff like cleaning the house.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
People are overlooking the best 5/8 NSW have - Luke Keary.

He led the league last year in line break assists, was 2nd in try assists, and he started this year right where he left off - on fire.

He's tenacious and an excellent defender (unlike Moses) and is a devastating attacking player.

He'd be my choice to partner Cleary although I suspect it'll be Pearce and Cleary.

Spot On

Coach
There is no doubt Keary is an absolute gun and was a standout for the Rosters last season, responsible for getting them home on many occasions last season.

However, the Friz is right, no way Fitler takes two rookie halves into origin.

OldPanther

Coach
People are overlooking the best 5/8 NSW have - Luke Keary.

He led the league last year in line break assists, was 2nd in try assists, and he started this year right where he left off - on fire.

He's tenacious and an excellent defender (unlike Moses) and is a devastating attacking player.

He'd be my choice to partner Cleary although I suspect it'll be Pearce and Cleary.

He doesn't want to play for NSW. There was a big drama about him wanting to be a QLDr. Even Mal came out in support of him.