What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Boganater

Juniors
Knightmare good on ya, if there was more NSWelshmen like you maybe you guys would have the passion that we do :cool:
Blues fans would have more passion if the selection process was more transparent. There is obviously politics involved in NSW team selections. They have their bum chum players who are walk up starters i.e Gidley(the no talent ball hog) Creagh (the back pedaller) and Lyon (never dominated SOO). These guys seem to have infinite chances even though they have failed consistently. Campese gets 1 crack, gets starved of quality ball but doesn't play badly yet he's dumped WTF?
Oh and while we're at it why don't we make Gidley Captain so no matter how sh*t he is he can't be dropped (probably Joey's Idea).
How can Luke Lewis who is without peer ATM be on the bench?
He should have the #13 jersey and Captaincy.
I'll tell you why Knightmare feels good about Origin, the Knights "chosen one" Gidley is a protected species. I would be far more passionate about origin at the moment if I knew the selection process wasn't a complete farce.

timka4

Bench
I'll tell you why Knightmare feels good about Origin, the Knights "chosen one" Gidley is a protected species. I would be far more passionate about origin at the moment if I knew the selection process wasn't a complete farce.

Also a knights fan, i would prefer him to be playing club and not origin, you dont like the NSW team because players from your team are in it, you support your state, because well its your state

Knightmare

Coach
Exactly. I don't want Gids as captain or fullback. He should be on the bench as a utility, and in a perfect world I would have Hindmarsh in that side as starting second row and the captain. If the NSW Origin team was better off without any Knights players in it, then so be it. This is Origin and not the NRL.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It's funny how some here just assume Knights fans want Gidley in the NSW side no matter what when the reality is we would rather see him left out.

It's obvious he has been selected for a reason over Hayne and it isn't because he is anyone "bum chum"

Grow up you bloody 12yos

Slackboy72

Coach
It's funny how some here just assume Knights fans want Gidley in the NSW side no matter what when the reality is we would rather see him left out.

It's obvious he has been selected for a reason over Hayne and it isn't because he is anyone "bum chum"

Grow up you bloody 12yos

Well, no, it isn't obvious. They sure as hell haven't selected him for his current form. They shouldn't have selected him based on his past mediocre origin performances and his captaincy is not something that stands out. So WHY???

Dazzat

First Grade
Well, no, it isn't obvious. They sure as hell haven't selected him for his current form. They shouldn't have selected him based on his past mediocre origin performances and his captaincy is not something that stands out. So WHY???

Because King Andrew said so.

grandorient

Bench
With Barrett and Finch named in the squad, and especially if Barrett gets a run, then I would forecast a Blues win in Sydney.

It would surely mean a centre pairing of Lyon and Cooper, with Morris and Hayne on the wings. The only let down may be Gidley. Then again he may well rise to the occassion and put us all in our places.

The half combination of Barrett and Noddy is as good as NSW can get and will do the job.

The forwards will more than hold their own and should come out on top, with Creagh and Choc keeping Inglis quite. Don't understand the inclusion of White though.

Idris on the bench is an unknown and it could go either way for us, although being a positive sort of person, I think he may well go OK.

When I heard about Barrett and Finch, I started to feel a little more confident, and believe the Blues will in fact get up.

GO

drake

First Grade
I want the drugs that the NSW selectors are on.

Why do they pick players out of position?
"I'm sorry that you're the leading nsw 5/8th, but we have a centre that doesn't want to play for his state, and definately doesn't want to play 5/8 that we need to use."

"Yeah, yeah, you're an awesome winger, but we're going to put an awesome fullback on the wing to make way for Kurt Gidley. Sure his team is playing like arse, and he's part of the problem, but, but, he's played fullback before. yeagh, when we lost."

"Why do we need another forward on the bench when we have 2 80 minute centres!? We should put a guy on the bench who's best attribute is making Phil Gould have orgasms. Did you see how far he ran to miss that tackle?"

FMD, they must get out the acid before selecting a team.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I want the drugs that the NSW selectors are on.

Why do they pick players out of position?
"I'm sorry that you're the leading nsw 5/8th, but we have a centre that doesn't want to play for his state, and definately doesn't want to play 5/8 that we need to use."

"Yeah, yeah, you're an awesome winger, but we're going to put an awesome fullback on the wing to make way for Kurt Gidley. Sure his team is playing like arse, and he's part of the problem, but, but, he's played fullback before. yeagh, when we lost."

"Why do we need another forward on the bench when we have 2 80 minute centres!? We should put a guy on the bench who's best attribute is making Phil Gould have orgasms. Did you see how far he ran to miss that tackle?"

FMD, they must get out the acid before selecting a team.

The highlighted bit is proof that you have not watched a Knights game all year. Gids is a big reason why we havnt been pumped by 50+ on many occassions. His only poor performances have come when he is trying to play like a half and even then it is only his kicking game that has let him down.

Hate him for being selected over Hayne. Hate him for making a couple of mistakes in game 1 last year. Hell, even hate him because he looked at you sideways after a game once. But dont make up sh*t just to justify your agenda

isaiah

Bench
:lol: Well like I said, it's amazing what being the reigning champions does for confidence. If I genuinely thought this line-up was crap I would be saying so, but I don't. Plus I have said "We're f**ked!" before when Finch, then Kimmorley, were given the 7 jersey and then proven wrong so I will wait until the final whistle next week to make my verdict. I think Idris is an emerging star and giving him a run this year will pay big dividends.

just a question about the chris close thing at the bottom of your posts?
would you have said the win or lose thing if we hadn't won so many lately?
i think not. i'd hate to be born and bred in NSW.

hellteam

First Grade
:shock: omg what about me i said the exact same thing basically! i should get some respect (this was barring latest finch and barrett post :sarcasm:), but come on haha

Haha sorry mate, you and Knightmare are the top supporters

Knightmare

Coach
just a question about the chris close thing at the bottom of your posts?
would you have said the win or lose thing if we hadn't won so many lately?
i think not. i'd hate to be born and bred in NSW.

I said the win or lose thing because it doesn't matter if Qld win the series 3-0 or get their arses handed to them- the fact still stands when it comes to the majority of their supporters. That's the beauty of the slogan!

And being born and bred in NSW is great- you aren't born with a massive chip on your shoulder, you go the places other than family get-togethers to meet women and the only time you give a s**t about the people on the other side of the Tweed is Origin time!

adamkungl

Immortal
I said the win or lose thing because it doesn't matter if Qld win the series 3-0 or get their arses handed to them- the fact still stands when it comes to the majority of their supporters. That's the beauty of the slogan!

And being born and bred in NSW is great- you aren't born with a massive chip on your shoulder, you go the places other than family get-togethers to meet women and the only time you give a s**t about the people on the other side of the Tweed is Origin time!

i lold...