NSW outs and QLD ins

Discussion in 'State of Origin and other State Leagues' started by Lambretta, May 25, 2018.

1. Lambretta

Lambretta First Grade

State of Origin is just around the corner

Traditionally this is the time of year where anyone half decent and eligible to wear Blue gets injured and anyone eligible to wear Maroon magically grows an extra leg to come back from the dead and destroy NSW

Jimmy the Jet started proceedings last night with a clasically timed Achilles tendon issue.

So who else will be unavailable for selection for NSW and who is marching back into the Queensland squad?

Predictions below

2. isaiah

isaiah Bench

They will play rugby league against each other on June 6 in Melbourne. That is all I am sure about

OldPanther likes this.
  3. Eion

Eion First Grade

Fifita is eligible and won’t be picked. Classic NSW and exactly the opposite of what QLD would do.

4. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

Who cares what QLD would do. Trying to be like them got us in the mess of losing every series ever. Fifi is also injured and not playing this week.

5. Eion

Eion First Grade

That’s the point mate. NSW has been trying to do what they pretend they do...not what they actually do.

6. Hutty1986

Hutty1986 Referee

Lol, would the uber "passionate" maroons really pick a bloke who has openly said he would only play 2 games? Hmmm...

7. betcats

betcats Coach

If you aren't available for the entire series you aren't available at all IMO. I doubt there are any QLD forwards who pick playing for another country over QLD anyway.

8. Eion

Eion First Grade

This passion thing is an absolute myth. Their only passion is to win. The uber passionate maroons actually selected Izzy Folau after he defected to the AFL. So, yes, they did and they would if they thought it would help them win a game and series.

They just chucked out 2 wonderful servants out Biyd and Scott when both (esp Scott) still going OK.

9. betcats

betcats Coach

Fitler has already said he thinks there has been a selfish culture in the NSW team(probably a result of Gallens captaincy) do you really think he is going pick a guy who has made himself unavailable for game 2 and last season refused to come off the bench when asked by his coach prior to game 3? Wake up, he was never getting picked. Fitlers wants guys who will put the jersey before everything, Fifita does not fit that bill.

OldPanther likes this.
  10. ed-grimley

ed-grimley Juniors

Fifita played 80 min the other week - that makes him an attractive proposition in my book.
    Matt Scott - an example for comparison - looked totally rooted after 15 min the other night.

11. betcats

betcats Coach

On talent and ability alone he easily gets picked, but he wont be and its the right call imo.

12. t-ba

t-ba Coach

He's made himself available for Tonga and that's a decision that should be lauded, but that should rightly preclude him from Origin.

OldPanther, betcats and Clifferd like this.
  13. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

Fifita could have been man of the match in every game for Cronulla this year and I still wouldn’t pick him

If he was picked, it just devalues the NSW jersey.

I respect him for choosing Tonga, but that’s where he stays

OldPanther and t-ba like this.
  14. Eion

Eion First Grade

Don’t need to wake up, I’m not at all surprised he wasn’t picked. I would have picked him, and I’ve told you why. His allegiance to Tonga is anything but selfish, as it’s cost him 10s of thousands so I don’t know why you’re saying that. The ‘refusing to come off the bench’ comment is complete crap and denied directly by Loz himself.

I think NSW is clearly the best side anyway, especially in the forwards, so we should win regardless.

15. big hit!

big hit! Juniors

NSW always are always better in the forwards - on paper - and keep losing series after series

Hutty1986 likes this.
  16. Eion

Eion First Grade

That’s because they have been far inferior everywhere else, including hooker

17. ed-grimley

ed-grimley Juniors

Why is there a clash of fixtures FFS?

18. Eion

Eion First Grade

Because rugby league hierarchy is a shambles.

Lebbo73 likes this.
  19. ed-grimley

ed-grimley Juniors

Of course.

Eion likes this.
  20. Lebbo73

Lebbo73 Juniors

NSW will win this year for sure! Bookmark it.

Fizzee Rascal likes this.