What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

perverse

Referee
it's the best team we've had in years. my thoughts on campese's form aside.. it's a bloody good team that is capable of winning origin. it's not the exact team i would have picked, but i'm hardly as miffed about it as i have been in the past 3 seasons.

Patsy

Juniors
gallen had a very bad series last year - dropped the ball and alot of bad discipline - i can't see anything changing.

i like o'donnells selection - he is a perfect fit.

creagh i feel is a bit like gallen - some mistakes in his game - i hope they don't happen in origin.

backline is best possible - same with front row

donkey|rope

Juniors
I wonder what Joel Monaghan has done to not get selected? It must have been the time he slapped Bob Fulton's wife in the face and called her a merkin.

hutch

First Grade
backline is best possible - same with front row

not the starting front row. bailey is not origin material, never has been and kite is out of form. our bench is very strong, especially the two form front rowers from the dragons.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Wing is a top selection. He was one of NSW best performers when they were dominant a few years ago.

And he's still a quality player. Easily the best option for a bench utility as he can cut QLD to shreds when they're tired as well as cover most other positions.

As for the team, although not exactly brilliant, the selectors have only made one major stuff up this year (no Laffranchi) which is a massive improvement on the 4 or 5 they normally make.

Parraren

Bench
Brent Kite = pillow

Did anyone see Ashely Harrison run over the top of this overrated excuse for a prop on the weekend? It was truely embarrasing and this guy is supposedly one of our top 2 props. Please.

Poore & Weyman > Kite & Bailey.

typicalfan

Coach
Luke Bailey is the best prop we have, he does all the one percenters and gives us MUCH needed experience where it matters.

Poore and Weyman are untried at origin level and we don't know whether they will cope with the step up, club form doesn't always equal NSW form.

typicalfan

Coach
not the starting front row. bailey is not origin material, never has been and kite is out of form. our bench is very strong, especially the two form front rowers from the dragons.
Bailey has been man of the match at origin level.

Parraren

Bench
Luke Bailey is the best prop we have, he does all the one percenters and gives us MUCH needed experience where it matters.

Poore and Weyman are untried at origin level and we don't know whether they will cope with the step up, club form doesn't always equal NSW form.

Mate Kite has never coped with the step up to Origin level. He is the biggest myth to ever pull on a blues jumper.

Tell me one game you can remember him having a blinder or even playing a solid game at Origin level? Seriously have a think.

At least Bailey has had some blinders at Orgin level, albeit quite a few years back.

I still rate Bailey, but Kite simply shouldn't be there. I dare say Manly fans might even admit that.

maple_69

Bench
Not too bad. I'd probably swap Creagh out for Laffranchi and Wing out for Lewis.
Lewis has been performing for several years (evidenced by his constant 18th man status) and can cover 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13. Wing had a great City Country and outside that has been solid. I think Farah has 80 in him and Gidley is very capable of moving into dummy half if not.
Anyway happy enough.

typicalfan

Coach
Mate Kite has never coped with the step up to Origin level. He is the biggest myth to ever pull on a blues jumper.

Tell me one game you can remember him having a blinder or even playing a solid game at Origin level? Seriously have a think.

At least Bailey has had some blinders at Orgin level, albeit quite a few years back.

I still rate Bailey, but Kite simply shouldn't be there. I dare say Manly fans might even admit that.
I didn't mention Kite did I?

To be fair Kite deserved selection last year but was overlooked and I am willing to give him a go. Prior to last year Kite was just a good NRL prop, not outstanding.

We don't really have to many other options either.

Parraren

Bench
I didn't mention Kite did I?

To be fair Kite deserved selection last year but was overlooked and I am willing to give him a go. Prior to last year Kite was just a good NRL prop, not outstanding.

We don't really have to many other options either.

My bad.

I hope Kite proves me wrong and has a blinder mind you.

He's definitely only there by default though.

Latest posts