What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW take first ever Women's Origin over QLD

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
And they come back and can’t get rid of the baby weight, then what?
Same thing that happened with Dave Taylor. Simple.
That’s your opinion. I’m not interested in watching a game between 2 teams that would get beaten by park footballers.
If you'd watched you would have seen an excellent game between to closely matched teams with skill and passion. The tackling was fierce, the running was hard and the ball movement was good. To compare them to a park football team is misleading. Your loss.

MilkShark

First Grade
same thing that happens with women that play in any other sport

why does this bother you so much ?
I’m not bothered by it. I just find it interesting.

Surely something is written into their contracts about it.

The weight thing is interesting too. The club signs a half back on half back dollars, she falls preganant and then can’t lose the baby weight. Does the club as her to play in the forwards instead???

All this probably only applies when / if women’s league actually makes enough money to offer contracts worth anything.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I’m not bothered by it. I just find it interesting.

Surely something is written into their contracts about it.

The weight thing is interesting too. The club signs a half back on half back dollars, she falls preganant and then can’t lose the baby weight. Does the club as her to play in the forwards instead???

All this probably only applies when / if women’s league actually makes enough money to offer contracts worth anything.

when has an overweight halfback ever played in the forwards ?

MilkShark

First Grade
Same thing that happened with Dave Taylor. Simple.

If you'd watched you would have seen an excellent game between to closely matched teams with skill and passion. The tackling was fierce, the running was hard and the ball movement was good. To compare them to a park football team is misleading. Your loss.
True regarding Taylor.

I’ve watched the Australian women’s play The ferns more than once. There is skill in the game but not enough to make want to turn it on or go watch a game live.
It’s just not for me.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Dave Taylor was pregnant?

Wonder who the father was......
Touche.
True regarding Taylor.

I’ve watched the Australian women’s play The ferns more than once. There is skill in the game but not enough to make want to turn it on or go watch a game live.
It’s just not for me.
It's improving in leaps and bounds. You'll catch on.

siv

First Grade
Think this should remain a one game series

There is a much stronger opportunity in this group for a Victorian and Central-West Allies team

Interesting watch the crowd

Loads of young girls and mums in attendance

T-Boon

Coach
There is skill in the game but not enough to make want to turn it on or go watch a game live.
It’s just not for me.

Thats cool. I find watching some womens sport a bit off putting because of the violence. For example I would never watch womens boxing or MMA.
I just like the under coached aspect to the womens rugby league. They don't have time to practice the stupid shit the men do like wrestling and 40 hours a week at the gym etc. So they just play rugby league how it was meant to be played.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've never understood people who feel the need to tell everyone why they think something like this is inferior and why they wouldn't attend.

Fine if you don't wanna go, but the way you carry on about it says a lot.

Coparugby

Juniors
It was a great game. With skill levels still on an upward trajectory could this be an opportunity to bring in a Victorian team before the skill gap becomes too great?

I’m sure there’d be female union and league players in Victoria who’d love the chance to step up to Origin.

adamkungl

Immortal
It was a great game. With skill levels still on an upward trajectory could this be an opportunity to bring in a Victorian team before the skill gap becomes too great?

I’m sure there’d be female union and league players in Victoria who’d love the chance to step up to Origin.

There's a lot of opportunities for the women's game to take different paths to the men's, they aren't limited by the restraints of history. Playing at North Sydney Oval again is a small example... An expanded State of Origin would certainly be very cool.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Excellent point. Throw in WA as well.

kbw

Bench
I really enjoyed the game. On the "first ever SOO", the difference as far as I understand it is that its state of origin where as is the past you represented where you played.

Stand alone I think is def the way to go, gives it focus it deserves.

With Maddie Studdon I heard a number of people say she was sacked, but I read an interview where she left on good terms and it just as much her decision

Coparugby

Juniors
Hi Guys, glad you all enjoyed it for the most part. The girls certainly enjoyed having the 7000 odd crowd watching and cheering for them. Winning two SOO in three days certainly made my weekend.
My better half cried at home when listening to the players speak after full time about how important it was to them. It really touched her and she was very happy to watch the game on TV.

More of it I say.