What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

gUt

Coach
Dropping Dugan or Hayne for that matter would be huge mistakes.

I think the Morris boys are past it although Brett was pretty good tonight.

My team:

1. Tedesco
2. Tommy T
3. Hayne
4. The Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Fifita
9. Peats
10. Woods
11. Jake T.
12. Cordner
13. Merrin

14. Klemmer
15. Vaughan
16. James
17. Graham

isaiah

Bench

My team:

1. Tedesco
2. Tommy T
3. Hayne
4. The Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Fifita
9. Peats
10. Woods
11. Jake T.
12. Cordner
13. Merrin

14. Klemmer
15. Vaughan
16. James
17. Graham
You are leaving out man of the match and bird?

MilkShark

First Grade
Lolwut? Dugan had a blinder
Players ratings suggest otherwise:

3. JOSH DUGAN

''Top-notch in defence. Forced a Michael Morgan knock-on as Queensland looked dangerous after a Thurston set-up. Morgan was thwarted by Dugan once again at the close of the first half when he went over for a try but was held up with a good tackle.

Quiet in attack but played his role in the No. 3. 7.''

Haffa

My team:

1. Tedesco
2. Tommy T
3. Hayne
4. The Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Fifita
9. Peats
10. Woods
11. Jake T.
12. Cordner
13. Merrin

14. Klemmer
15. Vaughan
16. James
17. Graham
Can't drop Jackson after that performance.

betcats

Referee
That Wade Graham miss will go down as the turning point if we lose this series. What a f**king woeful 2nd half from nsw, just pathetic. We completely went away from everything that worked for us, I knew we were going to lose once Pearcey started running around like a headless chook with 15 to go. Oh and f**k off whatever they tried to do with fifita and just tell the guy to go forward.

betcats

Referee
Id just about mark Hayne as done after that selfish shit.

Maloney seems to have one big play each game then just gets bumped off tackles and gives away penalties the rest of the time.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Wade Graham's run out of the line looking for a hit that led to Queensland's second try was as bad as anything NSW did. True, Queensland should not have had the ball at that point due to Dugan being "virtually tackled without the ball" (in Rabs' magnificent understatement), but it was still an inexcusable dumb play from Graham. Unfortunately all Queensland ever need is a sniff.

So f**king frustrating because NSW did so well the rest of the game presenting an unbroken line and not panicking at Queensland's constant ball movement.

big hit!

Bench
Fifita read his own headlines, 16 runs 91 meters. That's just awful, take it forward before running 45

Frizelle has been really disappointing the entire series so far. The only forward who deserves to be dropped graham deserves another run despite being poor

Peats made some really poor dummy half decisions

Frizell is playing lame. Not ideal for him at all.

QLD contained Fifita for the most part. He and Woods were on mainly when Napa & McGuire were on. Napa didn't have the ankle injury he had in Game 1 either which really limited his and QLD's effort at Lang Park.

Neither of them were critical in NSW losing the match. Graham was though. Poor discipline both in the defence line and giving away penalties gifted QLD plenty of field position and a couple of tries. It was really a Greg Bird type of performance from him. We know he's an outstanding player but this is null when discipline is non-existent.

big hit!

Bench

My team:

1. Tedesco
2. Tommy T
3. Hayne
4. The Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Fifita
9. Peats
10. Woods
11. Jake T.
12. Cordner
13. Merrin

14. Klemmer
15. Vaughan
16. James
17. Graham

f**kin Jake T was practically the only NSW middle player (and perhaps Jackson's defence) who turned up to both games so far. Why would you shift him out of this important role? It'd be like the all the amateur calls for Gagai to move to centre. Don't f**k with your strengths. If he starts, he starts in the middle.

And the bench is too big. Need one smaller middle forward such as debelin or Jake himself.

Meth

Staff member
Dugan was good and NSW shouldn't panic. They need to make changes, but not too many.

1- Tedesco
2- Morris
3- Bird
4- Dugan
5- Ferguson
6- Maloney
7- Pearce
8- Woods
9- Peats
10- Fifita
11- Cordner
12- Jackson
13- Frizell

Res- Klemmer, Trbojevic, Moylan, Vaughan

Graham and Hayne out.

isaiah

Bench
Wade graham' s poor performance was always coming. Even in club footy he can be outstanding then next game is like the one v the Titans.

TheFrog

Coach
Dugan was good and NSW shouldn't panic. They need to make changes, but not too many.

1- Tedesco
2- Morris
3- Bird
4- Dugan
5- Ferguson
6- Maloney
7- Pearce
8- Woods
9- Peats
10- Fifita
11- Cordner
12- Jackson
13- Frizell

Res- Klemmer, Trbojevic, Moylan, Vaughan

Graham and Hayne out.
Hayne won't be dropped. Moylan might be picked on the bench for his ability to put on a play at the death. But it was last night he was needed, not game 3.

I would pick the same side again if they are all healthy.

big hit!

Bench
Players ratings suggest otherwise:

3. JOSH DUGAN

''Top-notch in defence. Forced a Michael Morgan knock-on as Queensland looked dangerous after a Thurston set-up. Morgan was thwarted by Dugan once again at the close of the first half when he went over for a try but was held up with a good tackle.

Quiet in attack but played his role in the No. 3. 7.''

who the f**k gives a shit about some journo's player ratings? It just panders to the culture we have in rugby league of always focusing on the player rather than tactics or strategy of teams.

"Quiet in attack but played his role in the No. 3."

the ball didn't even go to that side of the field. NSW had a left-side bias all night. they kicked to gagai all game and they overplayed the graham-hayne combo.

like johns said, you've got a bloke with one arm and another outside him playing centre for the first time in 10 years, and they avoided them all night!

big hit!

Bench
Someone tell me where was Cordner and Pearce's leadership in the match? it was touted before the series that this was their team, yet attacking plays never went to their side of the field in the second half.

we can't blame gallen and farah now

MilkShark

First Grade
who the f**k gives a shit about some journo's player ratings? It just panders to the culture we have in rugby league of always focusing on the player rather than tactics or strategy of teams.

"Quiet in attack but played his role in the No. 3."

the ball didn't even go to that side of the field. NSW had a left-side bias all night. they kicked to gagai all game and they overplayed the graham-hayne combo.

like johns said, you've got a bloke with one arm and another outside him playing centre for the first time in 10 years, and they avoided them all night!
I definitely don't give a rats about a journos ratings but if I had to pick between a journo and a boofhead in these forums, I'll pick the journo thanks.

MilkShark

First Grade
Someone tell me where was Cordner and Pearce's leadership in the match? it was touted before the series that this was their team, yet attacking plays never went to their side of the field in the second half.

we can't blame gallen and farah now
How dare you question Cordner, he leads by example.

Apparently.