What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

SBD82

Coach
Give young Brailey a year and he looks like he could handle it. I honestly don't mind Pearce at 9 either, he can tackle and pass. We don't need anything other than that for now.
If you are just looking for someone to pass and tackle, McInnes would be a better choice than Pearce. Better middle defense and Pearce is unproven passing off the ground. And while McInnes might fail at origin, Pearce has. Repeatedly.

Still, I wouldn't pick McInnes. Too soon. I think he will come into contention in later years.

I'd personally go for Wallace. I think he is a complete hooker. And seeing Rein stink up a team that I don't support is a nice little bonus.

All moot points though.

Get ready for

7. Pearce
9. Farah.

betcats

Referee
Haha surely not Farah. Yeah I gotta have a proper look at McInnes before I can recommend him, I have only watched you blokes in round 1 and after 20 I wasn't really watching.

Tommy Smith

Referee
If Daley picks Farah again I'll be even more mortified than when Dylan f**king Walker got a bench spot last year against ALL KNOWN LOGIC.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I don't think it's so far fetched.

Who do you think is in front of him at 13 besides Merrin?

these guys are already in the system and in consideration for selection at 13....

merrin
jake t
frizell
jackson
bird
cartwright (18th man)
james (18th man)

jake t, cartwright and james are also in the nsw emerging squad chosen by sterlo only a couple of months ago, jack de belin is not.

and that's not mentioning backrowers like cordner graham luke lewis etc.. that could play there just as easily. even klemmer plays 13 for the dogs

no doubt he's becoming a solid player, and in a couple of years will progress his claims, but right now well below in the pecking order

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't think it's so far fetched.

Who do you think is in front of him at 13 besides Merrin?

Frizzell
Jake trobjevic
Finnucane
Jackson

Then depending on which props you use out of woods, Fifita, Boyd, tamou, Paulo, James, klemmer, prior, McLean etc one of them could easily be 13.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I know there's been talk of Peachey being the bench utility, but I'd honestly have him starting in the centres, the guy is sensational.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I know there's been talk of Peachey being the bench utility, but I'd honestly have him starting in the centres, the guy is sensational.

he's not being marked up by matt gillette and will chambers every week though.... so his defence would come into question if nullfied.

his best value would be in space in the 25 and 60 minute marks.

SBD82

Coach
these guys are already in the system and in consideration for selection at 13....

merrin
jake t
frizell
jackson
bird
cartwright (18th man)
james (18th man)

jake t, cartwright and james are also in the nsw emerging squad chosen by sterlo only a couple of months ago, jack de belin is not.

and that's not mentioning backrowers like cordner graham luke lewis etc.. that could play there just as easily. even klemmer plays 13 for the dogs

no doubt he's becoming a solid player, and in a couple of years will progress his claims, but right now well below in the pecking order

merrin. Agree. Should be 13
jake t. Fair enough. I haven't seen enough to judge.
frizell. I would play right edge. He's much better on the edge than in the middle
jackson. Crap in the middle. If he plays it should be right edge only.
bird. I think you're talking Greg? I think his origin career is over. Not sure what happened, but seems out of favour. If you're talking Jack, he's not a middle player.
cartwright (18th man). Not a middle player.
james (18th man) not a 13.

The way lock is played is evolving. I'd argue that James graham plays 13 even though he wears the 10. The way Gal plays is another example. It's a prop that has decent decision making, can play as a link man to the halves or play a soft hands short ball, has some footwork, and can do the pig work.

Of the players you've listed only Merrin and I think jake T fit that criteria.

you didn't JUST say that, you also said and conveniently chose to ignore your own words:

you are now simply backtracking like dunkirk to cover up the endless shit that comes from your head and are now confirmed a pussy for avoiding a reasonable bet.

Ummm how is me calling someone that picks Pearce to have a mental condition mean that I think he's not a REAL selection option?

MENTAL CONDITION does not equal NOT REAL

Do you not understand basic English?

RazorRam0n

Juniors
merrin. Agree. Should be 13
jake t. Fair enough. I haven't seen enough to judge.
frizell. I would play right edge. He's much better on the edge than in the middle
jackson. Crap in the middle. If he plays it should be right edge only.
bird. I think you're talking Greg? I think his origin career is over. Not sure what happened, but seems out of favour. If you're talking Jack, he's not a middle player.
cartwright (18th man). Not a middle player.
james (18th man) not a 13.

The way lock is played is evolving. I'd argue that James graham plays 13 even though he wears the 10. The way Gal plays is another example. It's a prop that has decent decision making, can play as a link man to the halves or play a soft hands short ball, has some footwork, and can do the pig work.

Of the players you've listed only Merrin and I think jake T fit that criteria.

your responses only expose how pidgeon holed your thinking is. it comes down to horses for courses.

frizell defends in the middle as does jackson, their defensive qualities in the middle of the park are just as valuable as any impact they might have running out wider.

cartwright and jack bird are your old school locks who have ball playing and can utilise the 4th play.

james is no different to jake t as a 13 as in klemm when the strategy is simply 3 props, which is what it has been over the years with gall.

it's up to daley how he wants to play, if he wanted to directly substitute gall, there are 4 options ahead of jack de bellend alone.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Ummm how is me calling someone that picks Pearce to have a mental condition mean that I think he's not a REAL selection option?

MENTAL CONDITION does not equal NOT REAL

Do you not understand basic English?

talking tough pussy still trying to backtrack on his words.

you got called out, deal with it. haven't got any wervos. move on.

talking tough pussy still trying to backtrack on his words.

you got called out, deal with it. haven't got any wervos. move on.
Lol you're so pathetic that you have to resort to name calling over the internet just because you're incapable of having an intellectual discussion.

I said prove that I said Pearce isn't a real selection option and I'd leave and you FAILED.

YOU LOSE

SBD82

Coach
your responses only expose how pidgeon holed your thinking is. it comes down to horses for courses.

frizell defends in the middle as does jackson, their defensive qualities in the middle of the park are just as valuable as any impact they might have running out wider.

cartwright and jack bird are your old school locks who have ball playing and can utilise the 4th play.

james is no different to jake t as a 13 as in klemm when the strategy is simply 3 props, which is what it has been over the years with gall.

it's up to daley how he wants to play, if he wanted to directly substitute gall, there are 4 options ahead of jack de bellend alone.
I don't think it's pigeon holing to think that players who excel in the middle should be chosen over players who usually play on the edge and can move to the middle if needed.

Frizzell and Jackson can defend in the middle, but they are not nearly as effective there as Merrin or JDB. Frizzell's running game is limited there, and Jackson gets monstered.

You're right that bird and cartwright are old school locks. But I would say that style of player is no longer relevant. Both have played their NRL careers defending at 2 or 3 and 3 or 4 defender. The transition to the middle is hard in NRL, let alone trying to do it in origin.

If Daley decided to go with 3 props that's his choice. I would argue that gal played differently when he wore the 13 to when he wore the 10 for NSW. I don't think it's a good move to go with 3 props but it is an option.

As for James, he's not shown any long periods of outstanding form any more than JDB has.

Vic Mackey

Referee
As for James, he's not shown any long periods of outstanding form any more than JDB has.

What?

James is a considerably better and more consistent player then JDB. Last year he scored more tries then any other prop in history.

JDB made 1 good run against a team who played thier worst game in 2 years. Calling for him to play origin makes as much sense as it did picking Richard Villisanti for Australia after one good finals game.

SBD82

Coach
What?

James is a considerably better and more consistent player then JDB. Last year he scored more tries then any other prop in history.

JDB made 1 good run against a team who played thier worst game in 2 years. Calling for him to play origin makes as much sense as it did picking Richard Villisanti for Australia after one good finals game.
So you have James and Merrin ahead of him. I assume jake t as well.

Anyone else?