What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

SBD82

Coach
Merrin has been pretty close to the best tight forward available for NSW all year, and Daley ignored him. What makes you think he'll pick him next year?
Because it would be just like Daley to pick him and play him for 15 minutes total off the bench, when that is clearly not the best way to play Merrin.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I know he won't get picked and I'll be accused of biasim (which may be well founded) however Chris Lawrence has been close to the best edge back rower available for NSW selection this year.

SBD82

Coach
I know he won't get picked and I'll be accused of biasim (which may be well founded) however Chris Lawrence has been close to the best edge back rower available for NSW selection this year.
There are still a few players that I would pick ahead of him, but Lawrence has transitioned to edge forward much better than I thought he would, and he's made a strong case for himself.

If NSW have a string of injuries he may Bradbury his way into the side.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Lawrence has been good for the Tigers but there are at the very least 10 back rowers ahead of him for SOO selection.

Maybe not next year but

6. Moses
7. Cleary

Should be the halves combination for years to come

In all honestly I think it will be hard for anyone to unseat Moylan. He was pretty good in his ONLY game in the halves at ORIGIN not having played there since his JUNIOR days and he seems like a coach favourite.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lawrence has been good for the Tigers but there are at the very least 10 back rowers ahead of him for SOO selection.

I dont expect him to get picked and there are probably guys who have been doing a good job in the forwards for longer. I'm interested to know who the 10 back rowers ahead of him would be though?

People seem to think the guy is ancient when he isn't even two years older then Wade Graham.

I dont expect him to get picked and there are probably guys who have been doing a good job in the forwards for longer. I'm interested to know who the 10 back rowers ahead of him would be though?

People seem to think the guy is ancient when he isn't even two years older then Wade Graham.

Dunno about 10 but I dare say the following are ahead of him in the selection pecking order presently for NSW -

Boyd Cordner
Tyson Frizzell
Wade Graham
Josh Jackson
Bryce Cartwright.

Joel-22

Juniors
Sione Mata'utia will go very close to being picked at second row next year.

1.James Tedesco
2.Tom Trbojevic
3.Jarryd Hayne
4.Joey Leilua
5.Blake Ferguson
6.James Maloney
7.Adam Reynolds
8.Aaron Woods
9.Peter Wallace
10.Andrew Fifita
11.Boyd Cordner
12.Tyson Frizell
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.Ryan James
15.David Klemmer
16.Josh Jackson
17.Sione Mata’utia

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
BJ still has the "bad defender" tag next to his name even if he he defends well for a few games in a row. This is an immediate no by daley as apparently origin isn't about scoring points it is about trying to stop qld from doing it. Dont worry about the bloke leaving destruction in his path on the way to the tryline or producing 5 or 6 offloads

myrrh ken

First Grade
In all honestly I think it will be hard for anyone to unseat Moylan. He was pretty good in his ONLY game in the halves at ORIGIN not having played there since his JUNIOR days and he seems like a coach favourite.

Moylan is a conundrum. He played okay, def better than Pearce and Reynolds, but he doesn't play 5/8 at club level. Also he was only reselected at the last minute to replace Reynolds, mainly because there was a feeling he was hard done by in being unseated at fullback.

Is he a good long term option? Or do we look to blood yet another new half?

Such is the bloody life of a blues supporter.

mxlegend99

Referee
For me:

1. Tedesco
2. Morris / Trbojevic
3. Hayne
4. Bird
5. Mansour
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Fifita
11. Graham
12. Cordner
13. Frizzell

14. Klemmer
15. Trbojevic
16. Cartwright
17. Austin

Jason Maher

Immortal
For me:

1. Tedesco
2. Morris / Trbojevic
3. Hayne
4. Bird
5. Mansour
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Fifita
11. Graham
12. Cordner
13. Frizzell

14. Klemmer
15. Trbojevic
16. Cartwright
17. Austin

Good side. Though of course I'd say that, since it's only a couple of players different from my side (Klemmer and Fifita swapped, Vaughan instead of Trbo 2).

mxlegend99

Referee
Good side. Though of course I'd say that, since it's only a couple of players different from my side (Klemmer and Fifita swapped, Vaughan instead of Trbo 2).
I haven't really seen many of the Raiders games to see how Vaughan is doing. Somehow seen plenty of Manly games though and I like what both Trbojevic brothers offer.

But I could happily trade him for Vaughan based on the few games I have seen. He ripped into the Panthers pack but I don't really use our team as an indication of other teams players ability. . We tend to make a lot of solid players look world class. Kurt Gidley was probably the best example.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'd be perfectly happy with Trbo 2. Or anyone other than Josh Jackson or Greg Bird. Trent Merrin would have to get a look in if he maintains this year's form too.

betcats

Referee
Josh Jackson was very good this year outside of Frizzell its hard to pick a forward who was better over the series for NSW, he earned his spot more than guys like Tamou and Fifita(who always gets a pass).

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Dunno about 10 but I dare say the following are ahead of him in the selection pecking order presently for NSW -

Boyd Cordner
Tyson Frizzell
Wade Graham
Josh Jackson
Bryce Cartwright.
Ryan James
Jake Turbobitch
Luke Lewis
Ryan Hoffman
Tepai Moeroa

I'd have there before Lawrence too to be honest

Again, I think he's been good but also believe he's well down the pecking order

Josh Jackson was very good this year outside of Frizzell its hard to pick a forward who was better over the series for NSW, he earned his spot more than guys like Tamou and Fifita(who always gets a pass).

Jackson has really good defence but his attack sucks. I watched game 3 again and he stifled the attack on the right side so many times by taking the defence on and getting nowhere.

I wouldn't pick him next year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ryan James
Jake Turbobitch
Luke Lewis
Ryan Hoffman
Tepai Moeroa

I'd have there before Lawrence too to be honest

Again, I think he's been good but also believe he's well down the pecking order

Well James and trbjoveic are both middle third players as is Moeroa. I think he'd be better then Hoffman and Lewis (who Gallen said on MMM has retired from origin) but fair enough, your opinion.

Cordner, frizzell, graham and Cartwright I can certainly cop.

Anyways probably a mute point cause he'll never get picked.