What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

Vic Mackey

Referee
1.James Tedesco
2.Tom Trbojevic
3.Jarryd Hayne
4.Joey Leilua
5.Latrell Mitchell
6.Matt Moylan
7.James Maloney
8.Aaron Woods
9.Peter Wallace
10.Andrew Fifita
11.Tyson Frizell
12.Boyd Cordner
13.David Klemmer

14.Tyrone Peachey
15.Jake Trbojevic
16.Josh Jackson
17.Sione Mata'utia

18.Mitchell Moses
19.Daniel Saifiti
20.Trent Merrin

We can kill QLD with the our line speed when that bench comes on. Klem and Friz go into the front row rotation after the opening 25-30 mins

Not bad, few changes I'd make would be Croker to center and Mansour/Hayne on the wings.

Merrin to 13 and a bench of Austin, Graham, Klemmer and another prop. Either Latu, Ryan James or Nathan Brown.

Last edited:

Edwahu

Bench
Suprised Junior Paulo never gets mentioned in these teams. I don't see many better front rowers eligible for the Blues at the moment. Same for Boyd, although they wouldnt pick both.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
1. James Tedesco
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Dugan
5. Josh Mansour
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. James Maloney
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11.Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Josh Jackson

14. Bryce Cartwright
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Wade Graham
17. Trent Merrin

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Paulo is a good lad. Makes huge metres and busts tackles and has an offload in him. Has good movement for a bloke of his size

Couldnt do any worse than some of tamous recent soo "efforts"

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Lol what's his time at Parra got to do with it? He looked good around plod and now even better in a top 4 team.

He's origin quality and deserves to be in the mix. Same goes for Boyd.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Boyd is a bit one dimensional compared with paulo (although he has a nice short passing game for a huge bloke) and i think they are too similar for nsw to select both of them

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think klemmer was ordinary at origin this year. He shouldn't be a certainty and Tamou needs to be pissed off. Guys like Paulo, Ryan James, Latu and Nathan Brown should all be considered IMO. I'd want another year or two of first grade from Boyd before looking at him.

legend

Coach
1. James Tedesco
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Dugan
5. Josh Mansour
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. James Maloney
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11.Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Josh Jackson

14. Bryce Cartwright
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Wade Graham
17. Trent Merrin

Not a Raiders fan I take it? How you could have either Jennings or Dugan ahead of Leilua and Croker shows your ignorance on the subject. I doubt Tamou will make it next year. Been a plodder for NSW for some time now.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
If I were to pick the team today,

1. Teddy
2. Fergo
3. Joey
4. Croker
5. Mansour
6. Moylan
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Boyd
11. Frizell
12. Graham
13. Merrin

14. Austin
15. Klemmer
16. Cartwright
17. Paulo

The backline is very classy, arguably more so than QLD. Teddy is light years ahead of any other NSW fullback. Fergo and Mansour are the perfect second rower mold wingers that can return a kick and get the team going on a front foot. Joey and Croker are the form centres of the comp that can create out of nothing if giving the space.
For the halves, Maloney has the experience and can play the senior organizing role and there is little doubt of Moylans potential at 5/8th. Austin can be injected at a later stage against tiring defences as well as cover injuries over the back 1-7. Cartwright is also cover for some of these positions at a stretch.
Hooker is NSW downfall. Peats is a serviceable hooker, not great, but probably the best available. But, he doesnt need to be the point of the play like most expect from a hooker these days. Just give quick, clean ball and let the forwards and halves do their thing.
Graham is like a poor mans Papalii, but he has the origin aggression. Frizell has already proven himself.
Props? Woods, Boyd, Klemmer, Paulo. Thats devastating whatever combo you put it in.

Actually, you prob need to drop one of the props and bring in a more mobile forward, but I only just noticed that and cbf looking over it again.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Lmao good one mate.

Bj is better than every nsw eligible centre besides maybe croker. This is objective fact.

You can hang your hat on one game where we smoked manly and were never in danger of losing. I could just as easily say his defense has been excellent in big games but here is the rub my butthurt little friend with an anti raiders player agenda.

We need to stop worrying about Queensland and worry about scoring some f**king points and sticking the ball back into their court. If BJ has a few lapses in defense he makes up for it by being by a mile the best attacking edge player in the comp. Yeah he is loose, yeah he has a lazy read in him but its time to fight fire with fire and play players who are more than just a garbage bag stuffed with straw to trip over greg inglis....maybe.

Who gives a f**k about greg inglis. Maybe having to defend a centre that can outpower him might be more effective than the garbage bag full of straw strategy

Tommy Smith

Referee
Woods sucks.

Why is he always considered an automatic selection?

He's a marshmellow that gets smashed all the time and has had 1 or 2 good Origin games at most.

Ftr Tamou is worse. No wonder the Blues can't win when their automatic prop selections plod it up every game. Give me the likes of Paulo, James and Jake T any day over them.

Latest posts