What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

TheFrog

Coach
If Woods had got a haircut a year earlier he'd have been captain and would be assured of selection. Instead its Cordner.

Woods had like 2 really good games and then went to shit. Shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Cordner had 1 pretty decent game but the rest just average. If everyone was fully fit, he's shouldn't be near the team either. Such a shame that that plodders like him and Jackson have kept out gun backrowers over the years.

mxlegend99

Referee
Klemmer is a must pick. Guy's a beast. Since Fittler wants a changing of guard my side would be:

1. James Tedesco / Tommy Turbo
2. Nick Cotric
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. James Roberts
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. James Maloney (c)
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Damien Cook
10. David Klemmer
11. Tyson Frizzell
12. Angus Crichton
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
16. Tariq Sims
17. Jack De Belin

Defence would be average. But there's some serious points potential in that backline playing behind that pack. Plus that seems to be the pool being picked from anyway.

JDB, Sims or Turbo can play some front row.

mxlegend99

Referee
Club bias from both.

Gus has Tamou and Mez. No Klemmer.
Gal has Graham and Dugan. Who have been in poor form the few matches theyve played this year.

Swap Klemmer for Tamou and I think Gus named a decent side. Highlight being no Boyd Cordner.

big hit!

Bench

I wish the hipsters working in graphics would be a bit more accurate with this shit. Gus, Gal, Lockyer & Lam all broke down positions to left side - right side (even halves) during conversation, yet there seems to be this continued insistence that players just roam or flip willy nilly. It gives you an appreciation for combinations that will be used in the game too.

With the above Cleary and Frizzell need to be on the other side as they will be on the right with Roberts and Cotric, and Maloney and Sims on the left.

Gal's is even worse - Dugan, Cleary & Frizell need to be swapped over with Mitchell, Maloney, & Cordner.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
Tamou and Merrin?

What has Gus been smoking?

when Gus talks about this shit, I listen. he has the runs on the board as an origin coach. he's also doing a good job with the panthers salary cap and building his squad for competitiveness now and down the track. and why should the dragons forwards be the only ones getting plaudits? panthers are up there mixing it with them at the mo.

no doubt there's a bit of club bias in there too

Clifferd

Coach
Geez lucky Gould isn’t coach. Tamou ahead of Klemmer

Qld fear Klemmer. They don’t fear Tamou

^^^ you see the insanity that goes on at NSW headquarters. This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday.

That's Gould and Sterling now that wouldn't have Klemmer in the side, he should be the first forward picked.

Then again these are the two geniuss who pushed for the constant selection of Mitchell Pearce for all those years.

big hit!

Bench
^^^ you see the insanity that goes on at NSW headquarters. This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday.

That's Gould and Sterling now that wouldn't have Klemmer in the side, he should be the first forward picked.

Then again these are the two geniuss who pushed for the constant selection of Mitchell Pearce for all those years.

he's just trying to fire the merkin up