What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

betcats

Referee
I'm sure Freddy will have a way a utilising the jet to his full potential. Hopefully Bennett takes some notes ffs

Bennetts style really does limit Jimmys impact doesn't it? That try against the roosters a couple weeks ago was a big reminder of what he can do, at the titans he was doing jaw dropping things like that a lot more often.

Eion

First Grade
I dunno about the rest of the guys you mentioned but Fergo and Duges will never wear sky blue again. They have f**ked up in more than one origin camp, Laurie was the one who brought them back and stuck by them after their first origin banishment and they f**k around on him last year.

After last years epic failure a big change was absolutely needed. That was one of NSW worst series losses ever. When you look at how the series went, we dominated half of it and then switched off and got towelled up.
I get why you’d say that, but none of us know how that was really viewed in camp. Obviously not badly enough to prevent Aussie selection and there was redemption at the World Cup where Dugan was one of Australia’s best, and to be honest, I’d be a bit more comfortable with him in the side over Latrell. But he’s been injured as well, so it’s not a howler. Same with Graham. I think he offers more than Cordner in particular, but again I can see why.

The only absolute standout pick that should be there and isn’t is Fifita. I get why he wasn’t picked, but would have loved him to have been to flesh out the blatant hypocrisy of Queensland and as a statement from Freddie that he will do what the hell he wants and stuff everyone else. Plus he’s the best prop in the game and I want to win.

But don’t get me wrong, by and large I like the side. Love the halves, hooker, jimmy and a number of the forwards....even peach on the bench. It is absolutely the time to friggen win one.

betcats

Referee
I get why you’d say that, but none of us know how that was really viewed in camp. Obviously not badly enough to prevent Aussie selection and there was redemption at the World Cup where Dugan was one of Australia’s best, and to be honest, I’d be a bit more comfortable with him in the side over Latrell. But he’s been injured as well, so it’s not a howler. Same with Graham. I think he offers more than Cordner in particular, but again I can see why.

The only absolute standout pick that should be there and isn’t is Fifita. I get why he wasn’t picked, but would have loved him to have been to flesh out the blatant hypocrisy of Queensland and as a statement from Freddie that he will do what the hell he wants and stuff everyone else. Plus he’s the best prop in the game and I want to win.

But don’t get me wrong, by and large I like the side. Love the halves, hooker, jimmy and a number of the forwards....even peach on the bench. It is absolutely the time to friggen win one.

Laurie publically stated he felt let down and disappointed by Fergo and Duges. Believe me their cards are marked.

You are kidding yourself re fifita, he choose to make himself unavailable for the series that's on him. If you cant commit to the team you don't deserve to get picked. Besides the bloke went missing for two straight games last year, literally bested by Jarrod Wallace.

King hit

Coach

Also helps that basically all the Maroon players that have been the reason why they've dominated will be retired after this year. Slater is giving Origin away after this series. Will be very interesting to see how Queensland go without Thurston, Smith, Cronk etc. Remember the Australian cricket team.

OldPanther

Coach

Maybe this is Freddie doing whatever he wants though. He has said he wants a team first mentality and he clearly thinks that's the best way to beat QLD. Fifi is a damn good prop but he isn't NSW first at rep time.

Eion

First Grade
Laurie publically stated he felt let down and disappointed by Fergo and Duges. Believe me their cards are marked.

You are kidding yourself re fifita, he choose to make himself unavailable for the series that's on him.
Fine, but Freddie’s coach now and should do what he wants, the same way Mal did.

Eion

First Grade
Maybe this is Freddie doing whatever he wants though. He has said he wants a team first mentality and he clearly thinks that's the best way to beat QLD. Fifi is a damn good prop but he isn't NSW first at rep time.
You may be right, but I disagree about the rep comment. Fifita had the best game by a prop in 10 years in game 1 last year. He was quiet in games 2 and 3 I grant you but he has shown what he can do if used properly. Add to that his best on field grand final in 2016 and performances for Tonga, and he’s clearly a big game player.

Eion

First Grade
He has done that and you keep complaining because he didn't pick fifita. He didn't want fifita and his childish attitude in the camp.
I don’t know why he didn’t pick him, but e should have.

And there’s no bigger child than Freddie. Deadset weirdo

betcats

Referee
I don’t know why he didn’t pick him, but e should have.

And there’s no bigger child than Freddie. Deadset weirdo

Pfft please just look at the way Fifita handled the whole tonga/nsw thing. Only a child would think they can play for tonga AND new south wales when the games overlap. It was always one or the other, thinking you can have it all its just childish and then begging to get picked for nsw in the media after already choosing tonga. He is childish and self cntred IMO, wants it all to be about him.

Eion

First Grade
Pfft please just look at the way Fifita handled the whole tonga/nsw thing. Only a child would think they can play for tonga AND new south wales when the games overlap. It was always one or the other, thinking you can have it all its just childish and then begging to get picked for nsw in the media after already choosing tonga. He is childish and self cntred IMO, wants it all to be about him.
He did choose and for admirable reasons. He chose Tonga, and he hasn’t begged anyone. He’s just said he’s available if they want to pick him and would donate the match payment to charity.

I get he kicked your sandcastle over or whatever a few years ago, but don’t go making stuff up.

kbw

Bench
While I respect Fifita for choosing Tonga. The whole thing last year about having a tanty because he was going to be on the bench was true and you don't want players like that in a team that requires harmony

OldPanther

Coach
You may be right, but I disagree about the rep comment. Fifita had the best game by a prop in 10 years in game 1 last year. He was quiet in games 2 and 3 I grant you but he has shown what he can do if used properly. Add to that his best on field grand final in 2016 and performances for Tonga, and he’s clearly a big game player.

I will clarify because reading my comment back sounds wrong and gave you the wrong impression.

I meant Fifita isn't about NSW first. Choosing Tonga means he has other commitments that mean more to him. Good on him for making the choice but you can't have your cake and eat it too. Freddy wants 110% commitment. He also said he wouldn't pick guys with contract issues going on for the same reason.

SharkShocked

Bench
For the record.

Fifita laughingly joked in a post game press conference about Origin "only if they want me for game 1 and 3" and then as per usual it got wound up in the media as if he wanted that to happen on his terms.

The bloke would have known 100% he was not available to be selected after publicly choosing Tonga.

The rest is as per usual Origin hype bs.

betcats

Referee
He did choose and for admirable reasons. He chose Tonga, and he hasn’t begged anyone. He’s just said he’s available if they want to pick him and would donate the match payment to charity.

I get he kicked your sandcastle over or whatever a few years ago, but don’t go making stuff up.

Im happy for him to choose tonga if that's what he wants, good on him for making that choice. But that's the choice he made, tonga over NSW. Blaming the coach for not picking him is just ridiculous. I didn't make anything up that's exactly how it seemed to me.

Eion

First Grade
I will clarify because reading my comment back sounds wrong and gave you the wrong impression.

I meant Fifita isn't about NSW first. Choosing Tonga means he has other commitments that mean more to him. Good on him for making the choice but you can't have your cake and eat it too. Freddy wants 110% commitment. He also said he wouldn't pick guys with contract issues going on for the same reason.
Like everyone else, including no doubt Fifita, I thought when he chose Tonga, that was it.

It’s only when you look into it and see the UKSL example of Alfie and the AFL example of Izzy you realise what’s possible. I personally think that selecting Fifita for game 1 at least gives us the best chance of winning this series. Others think differently.

But the lines we have heard from some about Fifita in this instance of being selfish, of this being something qld would never do, of fifita not being in the 6 best props for NSW etc is complete crap.

Valheru

Coach
For the record.

Fifita laughingly joked in a post game press conference about Origin "only if they want me for game 1 and 3" and then as per usual it got wound up in the media as if he wanted that to happen on his terms.

The bloke would have known 100% he was not available to be selected after publicly choosing Tonga.

The rest is as per usual Origin hype bs.

Andrew Fifita is always a victim

None of his PR issues are ever his fault.

Clifferd

Coach
tshirts on a cold farkin night! sure, get the players to experience the plight of the homeless, but remember you're prepping for a football match first and foremost

Jeez poor jacked up footy players living the dream wearing t shirts

I feel sorry for them