What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

Spot On

Coach
I think you are missing the big picture here.....

Dane Gagai is not a centre.

Ryan James is no prop.

Freddy picked a front rower to replace a frontrower.

Kevvie does not pick Gagai in the centres.

Both may play those positions at club level but there are very good reasons they have not been selected there at rep level. And please dont tell me Gagai is not considered at rep level due to the players in front of him. Justin O'Neill in previous years. Please.

Why do you think Freddy has gone with Prior even though James was part of the game 1 squad?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I think you are missing the big picture here.....

Dane Gagai is not a centre.

Ryan James is no prop.

Freddy picked a front rower to replace a frontrower.

Kevvie does not pick Gagai in the centres.

Both may play those positions at club level but there are very good reasons they have not been selected there at rep level. And please dont tell me Gagai is not considered at rep level due to the players in front of him. Justin O'Neill in previous years. Please.

Why do you think Freddy has gone with Prior even though James was part of the game 1 squad?
Ryan James is a front rower.

Your statement was wrong, no matter how much you kick and squeal mate

typicalfan

Coach
Freddy went with Prior as a direct replacement for RCG which hints that he wants to play a certain style. I think he gave Ryan James a go out of respect for him missing out in game 1 and to put less pressure on Prior from the outset. James might have been a more likely pick if a bench player went down like Crichton or Trbojevic

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Correct. A prop.

More direct and much stronger ie plays like a prop.

Freddy's words this morning.
You can try to re-word it as much as you want to avoid admitting that you were wrong mate.

You said Ryan James wasn't a prop, he is, you were wrong.

Be man enough to admit when you make a mistake

Spot On

Coach
Ryan James is no prop Toad. There is no other way to cut the sandwich.

I'm not the one that needs convincing.

What is it that you claim has been re-worded? I've said the same thing over and over.

You seem bothered by this. Why?

Fitler has had 2 opportunities to put James into the 17. He hasn't. He's not inclined to use him as a prop. That can not be argued. It is fact. He is well down the pecking order when you consider the frontrowers not being considered due to their piss poor attitudes and past performances for their state.

Does it bother you that Gagai is not a centre? Or do you believe he is?

Nathan Brown is trying to manufacture a 5/8 out of Connor Watson... but Watson isn't a no 6. Does that bother you as well?

There are multiple examples of this in the NRL. Does that eat at you as well?

John Sutton isnt a 5/8 arse crack but was played there by McGuire. Did you realise that at the time? Did it bother you like James not being a prop bothers you?

Even James' club coach prefers him in the backrow ffs.

Last edited:

Rabbitoad

Juniors

I'm not the one that needs convincing.

What is it that you claim has been re-worded? I've said the same thing over and over.

You seem bothered by this. Why?

Fitler has had 2 opportunities to put James into the 17. He hasn't. He's not inclined to use him as a prop. That can not be argued. It is fact. He is well down the pecking order when you consider the frontrowers not being considered due to their piss poor attitudes and past performances for their state.

Does it bother you that Gagai is not a centre? Or do you believe he is?

Nathan Brown is trying to manufacture a 5/8 out of Connor Watson... but Watson isn't a no 6. Does that bother you as well?

There are multiple examples of this in the NRL. Does that eat at you as well?

John Sutton isnt a 5/8 arse crack but was played there by McGuire. Did you realise that at the time? Did it bother you like James not being a prop bothers you?

Even James' club coach prefers him in the backrow ffs.
Okay, so you're too insecure to admit you were wrong about something.

Proud moment for you as a man :joy:

TheFrog

Coach
That is where he plays for his club for his last 50 or so games. He may not be a great prop in the opinion of some, but that is where he plays. If Fittler doesn't rate him as a prop bringing him into the squad when a prop is injured seems an odd thing to do. You've gotta think he's next cab off the rank.