What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

Spot On

Coach
That is where he plays for his club for his last 50 or so games. He may not be a great prop in the opinion of some, but that is where he plays. If Fittler doesn't rate him as a prop bringing him into the squad when a prop is injured seems an odd thing to do. You've gotta think he's next cab off the rank.

Well that is just not true. His club coach played him in the back row the first 4 or so rounds and planned to leave him there this year till Latu got injured. More prop depth there and he'd still be in the backrow. Brennan has already snarred Shannon Boyd for next year and is still looking for another.

Yes Fitler rates him highly. Never questioned that. He just doesn't rate him highly enough to give him a start in game 1 or 2. Another injury or suspension and he should get a run you would think.

Again, he's not a top prop in my opinion. Funny it has upset a few.

Last edited:

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Geezuz, you for real mate?

You have totally ignored my points above.

But proud moment for a man??

Lol. Dead shit.
The truth hurts, hey?

You tried to change your story after you realised you were wrong.

It was pathetic.

If you were a man you wouldn't be too insecure to admit when you're wrong.

TheFrog

Coach
With the series won Fittler will probably retain Roberts, but surely it will be his final Origin game.

some11

Referee
With the series won Fittler will probably retain Roberts, but surely it will be his final Origin game.
Why?

Because he didn't make enough line breaks against and had a tough time marking one of the strongest centres ever?

The only reason Mitchell looks so good by comparison is cause he's up against spud Chambers.

Danish

Referee
Why?

Because he didn't make enough line breaks against and had a tough time marking one of the strongest centres ever?

The only reason Mitchell looks so good by comparison is cause he's up against spud Chambers.

I’d say because that’s 2 games in a row where Roberts has been absolutely gassed by the 50th minute and turned into an utter liability. His sin binning won the game for NSW as it meant someone competent started marking up at centre.

Recall the Cleary sideline tackle on Holmes and try to imagine Roberts pulling that off. It would have been try time for the maroons.

Bloke is clearly the laziest back in the game given how unfit he is.

Snikt

Juniors
I turned 14 in the feb of year 10 in 1977 and worked at the comm bank the next year, at this time of the year. Prodigy

Wiping hands in the toilets of the local CBA isnt all that much to be proud of though

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
For the same reason Jason Gillespie was dropped after scoring 200 not out. He didn't do what he was selected to do, which was make line breaks and run fast. If its a defensive centre you want, there are many better.

Bloke is clearly the laziest back in the game given how unfit he is.

This has long been known, Fittler would have known. It was his try against the Roosters last month that got him in, nothing more and nothing less. If Fittler wants to win 3-0 he should bring Aitken in but as I said he'll probably take the soft option. While he's at it, he should seriously consider the wisdom of having Tom Turbo on the wing, where he was found out.

Last edited:

Snikt

Juniors
While he's at it, he should seriously consider the wisdom of having Tom Turbo on the wing, where he was found out.
How so? He has been great, especially in game 1

If you are referring to Qlds 1st try then your opinion on Roberts is where you'll find his reason for coming in on that play, he simply didnt trust Roberts to make the tackle and frankly I dont blame him

SBD82

Coach
How so? He has been great, especially in game 1

If you are referring to Qlds 1st try then your opinion on Roberts is where you'll find his reason for coming in on that play, he simply didnt trust Roberts to make the tackle and frankly I dont blame him
The way he shut down plays while Roberts was in the bin suggests that you're correct, and turbo wasn't the problem.

TheFrog

Coach
He may indeed have not trusted Roberts, but it was Turbo who made the error, not Roberts. Very talented player, but not sold on him on the wing.

OldPanther

Coach
To the people who laughed at me for suggesting JDB to replace Josh Jackson last year (I can't remember who you are)....

Eat a massive bag of dicks.

Jackson has an almost cult following. I don't really get it but each to their own.

For the same reason Jason Gillespie was dropped after scoring 200 not out. He didn't do what he was selected to do, which was make line breaks and run fast. If its a defensive centre you want, there are many better.

This has long been known, Fittler would have known. It was his try against the Roosters last month that got him in, nothing more and nothing less. If Fittler wants to win 3-0 he should bring Aitken in but as I said he'll probably take the soft option. While he's at it, he should seriously consider the wisdom of having Tom Turbo on the wing, where he was found out.
Or Waqa Blake.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Freddy didn't pick the best team first but is getting there. Sims for Prior is a no brainer. Now to get rid of the average Roberts. Even old man Jmoz performed better against Greggy in several games.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Jackson has an almost cult following. I don't really get it but each to their own.

Ex-players love him because they know how valuable guys like him are to a team. He's not a great player but is as tough as they come and will tackle his backside off.

He'd be better in the current team because they have so many attacking weapons. He rarely creates anything in attack and in past losing teams people have expected it and gave it to him because he just did the hard graft.

some11

Referee
To the people who laughed at me for suggesting JDB to replace Josh Jackson last year (I can't remember who you are)....

Eat a massive bag of dicks.
How he got man of the match in a losing team last year will provide laughs for a long time.

For my sake I hope Cordner is fit so James can play for my SuperCoach team :eek: