What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2009

rambo1

Juniors
Dogs got away with in in the end after Storm led 16-10 early in the second half. Liam Ayoub and Lachlan Burr best players.

Centre Slade Griffen was the best for Melbourne

lifesgood

Juniors
I totally forgot to post, i guess, my season review.
Well done to the dogs, both well deserved premierships in the Harold Matthews and SG Ball.

In the Harold Matthews, it was always going to be a two horse race between the Dogs and Parra. Both went through the season undefeated with Parra having two draws. Newcastle came close to knocking off the Dogs if it wasnt for a last ditch tackle my their centre Mathew f**kof**ka holding a newcastle player up to save their season. Alot of people might of said that if Jacob Gagan stayed on the field it would of been a different game and I agree. But i still think the dogs had to much class and to much power up front to be beaten on the day. David Minute and David Klemmer performed well in the grand final. I think Samisoni Langi was the best on the field.
Congratulations to them and to David Minute on his selection as harold matthews player of the year.
Also congratulations to all the players selected in the NSW under 16s to play on wednesday. Good Luck.
Wests, Newcastle and Central coast all deserve credit for outstanding seasons. Disappointments were Penrith.

In the SG ball, I always said the Bulldogs would have what it would take to win the competition. This years SG ball season I think was the most open SG ball competition I have seen in a while. Anyone was capable of winning the competition and it showed in Manly upsetting St George, 1st vs 12 and knocking them out. Parra again showed that they have a common thing going on of not being able to finish the competition when favorites and being the Standout team in the competition. The Dogs proved they didnt lack the fitness or the smarts to win the competition. Melbourne played well in the first 50 minutes before they fell apart and the Dogs took control. Turning point was a great try saving tackle made by Captain Liam Ayoub. Best on the field was Liam Ayoub and Lachlan Burr, Working well so together when Burr came on. Bulldogs also deserve some credit for finishing the Grand Final with only one player left on the bench, with what were serious injuries to Aiden Sezer, Tarek El Masri and Chris Thomas.
Congratulations to Melbourne on an outstanding season in what was their first year in the competition. St George, Newtown and Manly all deserve Credit for a good year as well. Disappointments were Newcastle and Cronulla.
Well done to Dale Finucane on being picked the Player of the SG ball competition.
And well done to all the boys picked in the train on squad for NSW 18s. Well done and good luck.

Well done to the dogs for taking out their second harold matthews title in three years. Their First Sg ball title since 1978.
And Also being the first club ever to have Player Of The Year Awards Go to players from the same club.

lifesgood

Juniors
Incorrect. Matthew Wright(Harold Mat's) and Lachlan Coote (SG Ball) won the awards for Penrith in 07.

Wow, That is true, Sorry about that.

The administrators got it wrong, on the day of the grand finals they said that, I was just going off that Loll

Second time then Lol :sarcasm:

Latest posts