What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2010

MountainMan

Juniors
Hahaa your kidding right, no disrepect but he's neaqrly been the steelers worst player. 2 to look out for are Jack Bird and Deejay Harris

I watched a schoolboy game late 2009 ,Shannon Crook, looked years ahead of his age.playing half back,directed his campbelltown school team around beautifully,knew when to run,pass,etc.Very mature player,even made the Australian Merit 15s last year.

Havnt had a chance to watch him play this year....He isnt going good in Matts??

footy1

Juniors
Not sure what the rules actually are but I know Cheyse Blair was playing SG Ball for Easts today rather than NYC for that very reason

From what I know, Cheyse Blair was dropped to SG Ball due to poor form and another player coming back into the NYC team.

tz17

Juniors
I watched a schoolboy game late 2009 ,Shannon Crook, looked years ahead of his age.playing half back,directed his campbelltown school team around beautifully,knew when to run,pass,etc.Very mature player,even made the Australian Merit 15s last year.

Havnt had a chance to watch him play this year....He isnt going good in Matts??

Yeah mate he;s been pretty ordinary most of the season. The odd good play followed by 4 bad decisions/plays :?

isaiah

Bench
is the final 8 just about settled leading into the final round, or will there be some upsets?

stormy77

Juniors
so are there any dark horses in the matts, looks like parra could do with a loss before the finals bit to confident... would be nothing worse then going through without a loss then loosing when it counts... what is going to be the top 8, who could be a threat to them..... penrith, dont know about souths they rely to heavily on one player... knights not to sure,,,, anyone else you think could challenge them.....

Fin077

Juniors
is the final 8 just about settled leading into the final round, or will there be some upsets?

I only really follow the SG Ball so can only comment on that, but the top 8 teams are settled going into the final week, it's just their order which could change (some dramatically) depending on results.

At the moment the table is something like this;

CRONULLA 14
WESTS 14
MELBOURNE 14
PARRAMATTA 12
CANTERBURY 12
PENRITH 12
SYDNEY CITY 12
NEWCASTLE 12
Souths 8

Cronulla play Souths, Penrith play Wests, the Dogs go to Melbourne (Cranbourne actually, poor things!).

Parra, Chooks and Newcastle SHOULD all win easy.

Check out nswrl.com.au for more info.

Fin077

Juniors
Looks like Week 1 finals matches will go like this;

SG Ball

(1) Cronulla V (4) Canterbury
(2) Wests V (3) Parramatta
(5) Newcastle V (8) Sydney Roosters
(6) Melbourne V (7) Penrith

Harold Matt's

(1) Parramatta V (4) Penrith
(2) Newcastle V (3) Souths
(5) Illawarra V (8) Canterbury
(6) Manly V (7) Wests

Winners of the Top 4 matches get a week off, with loser to play winner from Bottom 4 matches (Loser 1v4 plays winner 5v8 - Loser 2v3 plays winner of 6v7) . Loser of Bottom 4 matches eliminated.

stormy77

Juniors
Looks like Week 1 finals matches will go like this;

SG Ball

(1) Cronulla V (4) Canterbury
(2) Wests V (3) Parramatta
(5) Newcastle V (8) Sydney Roosters
(6) Melbourne V (7) Penrith

Harold Matt's

(1) Parramatta V (4) Souths
(2) Penrith V (3) Newcastle
(5) Illawarra V (8) Canterbury
(6) Manly V (7) Wests

Winners of the Top 4 matches get a week off, with loser to play winner from Bottom 4 matches (Loser 1v4 plays winner 5v8 - Loser 2v3 plays winner of 6v7) . Loser of Bottom 4 matches eliminated.

stormy77

Juniors
So are we confident on any tips this weekend. here are mine at least for both SG Ball and Harold Matts..
SG Ball
I do feel that Canterbury will be fired up and get the points against the Sharks tip
Dogs

Wests too big and too strong in the forwards tip Wests
Roosters will be to classy for knight if they switch on although will need to improve on last week. Tip Roosters
Melbourne will find it hard to travel, could find themselves a bit flat tight one, tip penrith

Harold Matts
Parra are so dominant although need to play quality sides should dominate in forwards although if pressure is early from souths could panick.... Tip Parra
Penrith should be to strong for the knights, long trip for knights penrith will be to aggresive..... Tip Penrith
Illawarra will be tough down there, i feel that the dogs have had a good run lately with bottom sides close one.... Tip Illawarra
Wests have shown they are competative this year as well as manly,although feel that manly could get this one.... Tip Manly...
Be interesting to see what other people think.......

scruffy

Juniors
Roosters played their bench last week. Gave Fine, Atkinson, Blair, Brent etc the week off to freshen up for finals. Agree the performance was poor against WSAC. The Knights and then the Sharks could have some trouble with this very inconsistent team.

blackandwhite

Juniors
So are we confident on any tips this weekend. here are mine at least for both SG Ball and Harold Matts..
SG Ball
I do feel that Canterbury will be fired up and get the points against the Sharks tip
Dogs

Wests too big and too strong in the forwards tip Wests
Roosters will be to classy for knight if they switch on although will need to improve on last week. Tip Roosters
Melbourne will find it hard to travel, could find themselves a bit flat tight one, tip penrith

Harold Matts
Parra are so dominant although need to play quality sides should dominate in forwards although if pressure is early from souths could panick.... Tip Parra
Penrith should be to strong for the knights, long trip for knights penrith will be to aggresive..... Tip Penrith
Illawarra will be tough down there, i feel that the dogs have had a good run lately with bottom sides close one.... Tip Illawarra
Wests have shown they are competative this year as well as manly,although feel that manly could get this one.... Tip Manly...
Be interesting to see what other people think.......

Agree with most of those.

Over the last two weeks i have watched Wests SG Ball play Melbourne followed by Penrith. I am hoping for a Penrith win because it will make our life easier but I think Melbourne will beat them. Melbourne are a well organised team.

Obviously also hoping for Wests to beat Parra in SG Ball.

In the Harold Mats Manly won by a big margin last time against Wests...so I can't really see Wests getting up there.......but they might........Ohh that's right forgot about the great master coach...we got no chance.

stormy77

Juniors
Caught parra yesterday, just didn't get the money in the ball, although their matts looked dominant, they are going to be hard to beat,,,,,Maybe penrith could but have to wait and see....

tz17

Juniors
Caught parra yesterday, just didn't get the money in the ball, although their matts looked dominant, they are going to be hard to beat,,,,,Maybe penrith could but have to wait and see....

Watched the steelers harold matts yesterday and boy what a great game. Dogs up 16-6 at half time, steelers come back and lead 22-16 then go tit for tat until with 3 mins to go dogs up 32-28 and steelers score right in corner. Dee Jay Harris coverts 1 metre in from touch to win the steelers the game. great way to finish a good game :)

Fin077

Juniors
Watched the steelers harold matts yesterday and boy what a great game. Dogs up 16-6 at half time, steelers come back and lead 22-16 then go tit for tat until with 3 mins to go dogs up 32-28 and steelers score right in corner. Dee Jay Harris coverts 1 metre in from touch to win the steelers the game. great way to finish a good game :)

Not if you play for or coach the Dogs...lol.

tz17

Juniors
St Marys Stadium Saturday 24 April 2010

Harold Matthews

Manly v Newcastle - 12.00pm
Illawarra v Souths - 1.30pm

SG Ball

Roosters v Cronulla - 10.30am
Melbourne v Parramatta - 3.00pm

Fin077

Juniors
St Marys Stadium Saturday 24 April 2010

Harold Matthews

Manly v Newcastle - 12.00pm .........winner V Penrith
Illawarra v Souths - 1.30pm ..........winner V Parramatta

SG Ball

Roosters v Cronulla - 10.30am .. ........winner V Wests
Melbourne v Parramatta - 3.00pm .....winner V Canterbury

stormy77

Juniors
So do we have any tips for the weekend in both SG ball and Harold Matts,,,, surely there must be some consensus out there,,,,,

Rooster v Sharks
Storm v Parra

Knights v Manly
Illawarra v Souths

There are some very good side and tradional clubs running around here, it should be a great display of talent out there this weekend what do you think, and who do you think will win........... One thing is it will be hot out west... no breeze for the beach boys..:(