What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC 2011 Predictions

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Firstly, Smith is only young & got a ways to go (why he is not in the starting line-up right now I guess).
Secondly, the team is made up of first timers for U20s & some from last year while the warriors are pretty much all 2nd year players (am I right?). Storm's other 2nd year players are coming back from injury or have moved into NSW comp.
Thirdly, Storm is trying hard to move Victorian players up the ladder & it will take some time to have the numbers through all the grades - their recruitment is pretty good but its a market out there whether you like it or not - what's good about Storm is the boys who come through will more than likely have every chance to reach their potential under the system there.
Last point is that's just the way of it & says more about the warriors retention policies and the cap.
BTW jordan meads wasn't making it at Storm when he was there - a year makes a huge difference at that age
Yes, the Warriors have natural talent - a lot of PI & Maori size, strength & flair - is that enough? Was last year & possibly this year in the U20s - will it translate into huge numbers making it in NRL? Probably not but the cream will rise to the top no matter what club they end up at. Take Nafe for instance, awesome to watch at U20's level & getting small glimpses at the moment but has a long way to go at FG level. Absolutely I'm sure he can get there (heaps of natural talent) but FG is a whole other ball game. IMO Storm seems to be able to spot the ones that will get there - that is their strength to me

Mate totally agree with everything you have said.
NYC is not everything.

I mite have come a little blunt but was posting from my fone.
Melbourne Storm easily have the best development system in the NRL.
They also are pretty good with their recruitment.
I think they do an awesome job nobody can doubt.

I think the Storm will go well in the 20s.
But Ive seen them and they usually base alot around the hooker.
Griffin is a very good player but more a back rower, centre.
You guys are more than welcome to talk them up, I was pointing out what I see as a defiancy.

While I support the Warriors particularly the NYC team as they are young kiwis coming through the system.
I too am quite critical of the Warriors Juniors system.
I support any young kiwis players NYC.

Some warriors fans think just cause they are winning that they are doing a good job.
Auckland/NZ has the biggest talent pool and will also feature in finals no matter who they select or who is coaching them.
But they also have some extremely talented footballers even in the half, hookers, fullbacks unfortunately Warriors compound this issue by generally picking the biggest, blackest, fastest 17 players they can find.

So while they dominate at times.
What does it really mean??
Teams should be picking those players with the most potential long term not just the biggest, strongest and dominant teenagers out there.

As for Jordan Meads - he came back and played club footy and from his tv games I watched he didnt stand out at all.
However this year he doest have some big units hanging off him which was always gonna give him space.

Last edited:

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
i think you gave that post by mmm way to much respect because
1. Griffen has been fine, at least he jas in the 5 games ive seen live. Did get mom on the seniors trial as well.

2. If he did have an idea of what he,s talking about hed realise smith is only there due to injuries as he is ordinary.

3. And finally his asserstion we dont have more then 4 class players is lulzable

1. Fine.
Griffen he must of a few injuries as not too long ago he was a great cetnre prospect. seen him play for canterbury a few years ago.
A hooker he is not but good on him if he got mom.

2. Mate,
Living in New Zealand all I can base it on are the tv games I have seen. (think 2 or 3).

Settle down.
What im saying is regardless storm will bring up and transform around 4 of those players in to genuine NRL players.
I dont know how that could offend you 4 players is a good strike rate.

and . . .
I hope they win tomorrow.

the bromwich brothers are also both carving and look to have long futures at the storm.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
1. Fine.
Griffen he must of a few injuries as not too long ago he was a great cetnre prospect. seen him play for canterbury a few years ago.
A hooker he is not but good on him if he got mom.

2. Mate,
Living in New Zealand all I can base it on are the tv games I have seen. (think 2 or 3).

Settle down.
What im saying is regardless storm will bring up and transform around 4 of those players in to genuine NRL players.
I dont know how that could offend you 4 players is a good strike rate.

and . . .
I hope they win tomorrow.

the bromwich brothers are also both carving and look to have long futures at the storm.

Like you mate posting from a phone with a beer, may have seemd a blunt as well and misread some things :)

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Like you mate posting from a phone with a beer, may have seemd a blunt as well and misread some things :)

all gravy.

Storm fans are proud of their development junior system.
Kiwi kids jump at the chance to join them.

Along with Canberra, from kiwi perspective I hope they go well.

isaiah

Bench
a couple of interesting results in round 6 and so far in round 7.
cowboys soundly beating the raiders without williams then losing to the sharks by only completing 18/35.

tigers finally hitting some form, beating the broncs who had previously won 4 straight.

tomorrow night's melb v nz should be good

isaiah

Bench
on the knights performance, its a shame panthers or broncs didnt get the 8th spot. would have been more competition for the warriors

isaiah

Bench
all the teams 3rd to 6th don't need to bust a boiler now, its just change partners for next week

Big Pete

Referee
on the knights performance, its a shame panthers or broncs didnt get the 8th spot. would have been more competition for the warriors

Not sure about Penrith but Brisbane only have themselves to blame. They had an opportunity to finish 8th and blew it against the Knights.

Hell they blew it against the Raiders and Warriors too.

They were better than a 9th place side, but when you commit some of the errors they did you don't deserve to be playing finals footy.

isaiah

Bench
melb in again, so roosters play sharks next weekend, and who will the winner need to beat to make the gf, nz or nq?

Noa

First Grade
Nice hit-back by the Storm in the 2nd half.

Still no chance unless Hampton is right