What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC Club Awards 2012

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane Broncos - Francis Molo
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - David Klemmer
Canberra Raiders - Mitch Cornish
Cronulla Sharks - Penani Manumalealii
Gold Coast Titans - Sam Irwin
Manly Sea Eagles - Josh Drinkwater
Melbourne Storm - Young Tonumaipea
Newcastle Knights: Adam Clydsdale
North Queensland Cowboys - Zac Santo
Parramatta Eels - Frazer Masinamua
Penrith Panthers - Vaipuna Tia Kilifi
St. George Illawarra Dragons - Charly Runciman
South Sydney Rabbitohs - Luke Keary
Sydney Roosters - Dylan Napa
Warriors - Peta Hiku
West Tigers - Mosese Fotuaika (Player's Player)

Could be wrong about the Roosters player. Award wasn't specific but sounded like the NYC player of the Year. Otherwise, the player's player was Kane Evans.

Last edited:

Didgi

Manly best and fairest was Josh Drinkwater, player's player was Nathan Cooper.

Big Pete

Referee
Drinkwater it is!

Cheers Didgi & Pink Panther.

What you guys make of the award winners? Any surprises or is it a fair reflection?

ozbash

Referee
Hiku deserved his award for the Warriors. Probably not the best technically, but the kid never stopped trying.

Didgi

Not sure where the Broncos got Molo from. Timu at the least was more deserving, as were a couple of others IMO. We didn't have many bright spots in 2012 but Santo was one of them. Thought Buchanan or Cummins might've snatched the Dragons' award, rest seem pretty accurate/haven't seen that much of.

PinkPanther

Juniors
I agree with Didgi with the Dragons award. Thought Cummins would've got it. Other than that, all seems reasonable (haven't watched it enough to judge more).

Big Pete

Referee
Always difficult to judge these awards on the limited coverage we're given. It's amazing how there's weekly SG Ball highlights for each match but nothing except for a weekly wrap up video which will highlight one play for each victorious side. Strange how it works.

Molo is definitely the stand out choice for mine in terms of being strange. Barely played half the season and yet got it over one of the most lethal backrows in Brisbane NYC history. I only ended up catching around 3 Brisbane NYC games so it's difficult to judge entirely but based on two of those games I can see why Timu didn't get selected.

slacko87

Juniors
hey didgi, santo is quick, but his size concerns me, is he likely to get fair go up there?

I can't wait to see more of Molo next year, big year, full year in NYC, hopefully he shows why he deserved it, but can't disagree, decision out of left field.