What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nyc

roopy

Referee
Another poor loss by 14-12 to a cellar dweller side.
Kyle O'Donnell scored the winning try for Cronulla, and it was a good one where he did plenty to hold off defenders for 15 metres, but over all he was outplayed by Zane Tetevano who pulled out his best of the season - KOD made 21 tackles and ran 128 metres, while Zane made 31 tackles and ran 195 metres - and when the two came together Zane looked the bigger and stronger.

Serc

First Grade
Stats from todays game:

Tetavano 193m (17 runs, 1 line break, 13 hitups for 139m)
Cordner 155m (16 runs, 14 hitups for 123m)
Wilson 150m (13 runs, 12 hitups for 130m)
P Mata'utia 145m (14 runs)

Davis got his hands on the ball 65 times to Roberts' 53 oddly enough, certainly looked that way watching the game too.

Wilson gave away 3 penalties.

Tetavano 30 tackles 2 missed
Means 26 tackles 0 missed
Herman 25 tackles 1 missed
Cook 25 tackles 4 missed
Finn 24 tackles 1 missed

Roberts and Davis got targetted a bit...Roberts made 22 and missed 7, Davis 17 and 6.

Looks like Wilson, Tetavano and Cordner all saw us posting about their futures after NYC this week and decided to show us how great they are :p

aqua_duck

Coach
Was a dumb play be Cookey that helped Cronulla win it. We were up by 2 with less than 10 to go and Cook throws a no look offload to no one in particular 40 out from his own line which results in a turnover and sharks score. There was a period in the 2nd half we had about 7 sets of 6 on the sharks line and couldn't score

roopy

Referee
Both the Sharks and the Knights had very good defence on their line - very unlike most NYC games.

Massive game by Zane, but I still thought our forward pack looked a little lost at times without big Josh Ailaomai's go-forward.

Missing Redman at hooker didn't help either... leaves a 40-tackle hole in our defence.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Kruise really impressed me yesterday too.

Look at those stats. Love to see that come out of our FG forwards :lol:

roopy

Referee
Kruise really impressed me yesterday too.

Look at those stats. Love to see that come out of our FG forwards :lol:
Kruise might have a few weeks on the sideline - depends if they think he was attacking the legs of that kicker or not.

Serc

First Grade
Newcastle Knights v Canberra Raiders
11.45am Sunday 18 July 2010
Canberra Stadium
1. Neenan Simpson
2. Nick Dwan
3. Dale Clacherty
4. Will Smith
5. Aaron Fairweather
6. Api Pewhairangi
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Dane Cordner
9. Chris Knight
10. Cruise Wilson
11. Zane Tetevano (C)
12. Matt Herman
13. Carl Means

Interchange:
14. Brendon Simpson
15. Alex McMillan
16. Rodney Mason
17. Adrian Davis
18. Ethan Cook

No Pete, Hunt, Taufaao, Finn or Redman this week - is there some rep game on? Also I see Api is getting a run at 5/8 instead of Davis.

No Pete, Hunt, Taufaao, Finn or Redman this week - is there some rep game on? Also I see Api is getting a run at 5/8 instead of Davis.

There had better be... otherwise I would venture we have had some very naughty boys from a disciplinary point of view.

roopy

Referee
Pete went off for a while the other day, but came back on to finish the game.
He might have picked up an injury.

Hunt might have got the punt for the two years younger Claherty.

Williams is out too - possibly Hunter Sports High kids are out since it seems to be all our 18/19 year olds.

roopy

Referee
Api and Fairweather deserve a shot after both going well for Centurions.

I'm not a fan of either, but they have been doing the business, and you can't ask for more than that.

Serc

First Grade
Some stats from NYC today:

Missed 22 tackles (compared to 65 in first grade)

Tetavano 144m (15 runs, 1 try assist)
Finn 114m (9 runs, 1 try assist)
Wilson 108m (12 runs)
Roberts 100m (10 runs, 3 offloads, 5 tackle breaks, 1 line break)
Cordner 94m (11 runs)

Herman made 6 tackle breaks, and 24 tackles with 1 missed (though 5 ineffective). Played about 2/3 of the game in the 2nd row, and 1/3 at centre.

Tackles
Finn 33 (2 missed)
Means 28 (0 missed)
Knight 28 (1 missed)
Tetavano 27 (3 missed)

Cordner and Mason both made 20 and missed none.

Hitups
Tetavano 14 for 139m
Finn 8 for 97m
Wilson 11 for 88m
Cordner 9 for 76m

otori

Juniors
Some stats from NYC today:

Missed 22 tackles (compared to 65 in first grade)

Tetavano 144m (15 runs, 1 try assist)
Finn 114m (9 runs, 1 try assist)
Wilson 108m (12 runs)
Roberts 100m (10 runs, 3 offloads, 5 tackle breaks, 1 line break)
Cordner 94m (11 runs)

Herman made 6 tackle breaks, and 24 tackles with 1 missed (though 5 ineffective). Played about 2/3 of the game in the 2nd row, and 1/3 at centre.

Tackles
Finn 33 (2 missed)
Means 28 (0 missed)
Knight 28 (1 missed)
Tetavano 27 (3 missed)

Cordner and Mason both made 20 and missed none.

Hitups
Tetavano 14 for 139m
Finn 8 for 97m
Wilson 11 for 88m
Cordner 9 for 76m

Based on the last two performances, we should give Tetavano a go in first grade just to test the water. There's obviously a big gap between first grade and NYC but he's showing an ability to run more than 3-5 times in a match which is better than most of our forwards currently.

roopy

Referee
Tetevano has finally hit the form he looked like being at from the end of last season.
I don't know what his issue was for the first half of the season, but he is ready for firstgrade.
Plenty of guys at other clubs have taken the step up successfully with worse form on the board than Zane has shown in recent weeks.

Adsy

Juniors
Yep, I'm pretty sure without back tracking to check, that Tetavano has made almost 150m per game for that last 3 weeks.

Half our first grade forwards take a month of combined matches to make 150m.

I know there is a huge difference in NYC - NRL. But surely Zane deserves a rub over either Naiqama or Patterson.

Serc

First Grade
Yep, half the reason why I have been posting the NYC stats (particularly hitups) is because even though there is a huge gap between NYC and NRL, and none of these guys would normally be considered particularly close to first grade...perhaps someone should get a run soon because surely they can't be worse than some of the terrible forwards we have currently!!!

Rolla

Juniors
Hopefully heads role after yesterday and we see some new faces. Zane and Mika in for Patto and Wes and one prop in for Faas or Tolar, with the lucky one not to be dropped on notice for the coming weeks.

Will not happen though