What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nz Band

Jono Russell

Bench
just curious if anyone knows the name of a nzband that i am after. i need there song name as well.

all i know of the song so far is that some of the lyrics are

'Not Many, If Any'
and ' Rock a show like this'

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
That would be Scribe. He's a solo artist though, not a band. The song you're thinking of is "Not Many" off his album "The Crusader" (and yes, he's from Cantebury). He's the hottest hip-hop artist in NZ at the moment, which means he's pretty big in NZ as local rappers routinely break into the top ten over there.

Anonymous

Juniors
He was almost definitely the single biggest thing in NZ in 2003. His album and first single (Stand Up) were, I would guess, just about the fastest selling single and album in NZ history (I don't mean by NZ artists, I mean by anyone.)

But I reckon he is kinda crap. Mareko is #1 fo sho.

Anonymous

Juniors
Stand Up is mega gay, his worst song ever. I like the Not Many remix though (that's the one on the video). Is Crusader the "Theme to the Crusader" or whatever it's called??? That beat was put to much better use on "The Summit Anthem" featuring Mareko and Flowz.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Sure, if you like talentless baggy-panted rock bands.
If your looking for a good NZ rock bands try finding some early Shihad albulms, Pushpush & Pumpkinhead.
'Stand Up' was horrible but the 'Not many' re-mix was catchy and got stuck in my head for several months.
What ive heard of Mareko sounded pretty good but ive only heard the one song that got mega-air time on tele.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
ThrashViking said:
Sure, if you like talentless baggy-panted rock bands.
If your looking for a good NZ rock bands try finding some early Shihad albulms, Pushpush & Pumpkinhead.
'Stand Up' was horrible but the 'Not many' re-mix was catchy and got stuck in my head for several months.
What ive heard of Mareko sounded pretty good but ive only heard the one song that got mega-air time on tele.

since when was blindspott clashed as a rock band, tosser??

early shihad was tops, lala land!! some of the sounds as pacifier are goodshit too.

goodshirt are tops...pumpkinhead are only good for one song, f**k the neighbours or whatever that song is..who cares.

ThrashViking

Juniors
What are blindspott then? Hiphop? Nope. Metal? Certainly Not.
They sound like a Limp Bizkit covers band. A bad one!

Anonymous

Juniors

yeah, "Here to stay" and "Stop Drop and Roll" are not bad songs IMO, but I could understand if people don't like them. On his album White Sunday though, pretty much every track is good, and I daresay he drops much better verses than he does on songs like Stop Drop and Roll, which is pretty much radio fluff. He is a tremendous MC.