What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ v Poms in US

Pommy

Coach
There isn't really many the would qualify anyway. Gives the guys in English Leagues a chance to play more tests

Because there’s nobody with grandparents from the home nations in Australia and NZ, Lol

Have a look at the Scotland side, Issac Luke was trying to get a place in the Irish World Cup side at one point.

deluded pom?

Coach
No pics of the Denver Broncos’ cheerleaders? I tried uploading one but the file is too big. Can someone else please oblige?

Pommy

Coach
A question :

If players return to their NRL clubs injured or not playing well, the US promoters should either stop this game in future or change it to the end of season.

Does the same apply to State of Origin?

What like JTs career ending injury last year?

So CBS have the rights - any chance we cross promote the origin game at all or is that too forward thinking?

How did we only sign a broadcast partner two days out or did they upgrade? Did they pay for it or did we pay them? Common in some other sports for the organisation to pay for air time

roughyedspud

Coach
So CBS have the rights - any chance we cross promote the origin game at all or is that too forward thinking?

How did we only sign a broadcast partner two days out or did they upgrade? Did they pay for it or did we pay them? Common in some other sports for the organisation to pay for air time

f**k cross promotion..the Aussie's & origin has f**k all to do with our game

King Ben

Juniors

Origin is airing on Fox Soccer Channel so CBS don't have any reason to cross promote. Would be VERY smart of Fox (who will provide the coverage / commentary) to heavily promote the WatchNRL service throughout the game though.

siv

First Grade
What is the width of the pitch ?

When the Aussie played the yanks on artificial turf pitch it was on 50m wide instead of 66m

Matua

Bench
NZ's golden generation i think is still ahead... Madge should be amazing for them.. The pressure is off at the moment because noone expects them to do well.. Aus has just lost a bunch of players i don't think they will replace and so are coming back to the pack and the emergence of the island nations is going to make International RL viable even when Aus isn't playing. The trick is that NZ needs to keep churning out the talent. They have 3 and a half years to get themselves on track.. i think they will.
I hope our golden generation is still ahead - but another bad coach and we're stuffed again. We had the best forward in the game and our coach chased him off.

Origin also screws us, despite being Aussie born, if Origin didn't tie him to OZ (e.g. he could play for Queensland and NZ) we'd have Ponga going forward, instead he's going to be a Kangaroo. I wonder if a 20 year old Foran would have committed to NZ if he was coming through - probably not, he would have looked at the Kiwis shit show last year and gone with NSW (I wonder if his decline would have happened at the same pace ...)

And that's a depth thing, Aussie could afford to lose a guy like Ponga, they've got lots of talented youngsters coming through but NZ can't - to be competitive we need all our guys.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you, but sadly it appears, when it comes to international league I'm a whiny pessimist.

Last edited:

Latest posts